Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

We have 2 hotels reserved in Istanbul on the day of the game. My mate has the cheaper one which does have decent reviews but it is in Fatih . I have another booked about 10 mins from Taksim Square but a little more expensive and also decent reviews
A couple of people on here have warned about Fatih I’m trying to get the lads to the other hotel instead but they’re not having it . Even though Taksim Square it’s further away from the Stadium I reckon it will be more lively with City fans congregating there and more regular shuttle buses to stadium.
What’s the consensus on here in where best to go ?
I've read a few reviews of different areas there are plenty of dodgy parts around taksim square too. We are in Fatih which apparently does have a rundown part but also a better part and doesn't everywhere no matter where you stay some parts or better than others. Found this video on Fatih and looks fine to me so I'm sticking with that.

We have 2 hotels reserved in Istanbul on the day of the game. My mate has the cheaper one which does have decent reviews but it is in Fatih . I have another booked about 10 mins from Taksim Square but a little more expensive and also decent reviews
A couple of people on here have warned about Fatih I’m trying to get the lads to the other hotel instead but they’re not having it . Even though Taksim Square it’s further away from the Stadium I reckon it will be more lively with City fans congregating there and more regular shuttle buses to stadium.
What’s the consensus on here in where best to go ?
We have 2 hotels booked in Fatih.Its a busy area and 5 minutes walk to the metro Veznecelier.10 minutes then to Taksim Square.After the match I would just get back to Taksim if thats were the buses take us and get a taxi.

Sportsworld have added another flight, now available. Flight 8. I’ve just booked in.

Wasn’t supposed to be an update til tomorrow but I checked in the off chance.

Apologies if not the right thread but wondering what inter fans are like? AC Milan ones met through southern Italy were top but do we all need to watch out for Inter Ultras?? Then again anyone misbehaving in Turkey wants their brains checked out! Ask William Hayes.

Guy at our hotel is bloody amazing sorted taxi out to pick up when we land midnight and is arranging taxi to drop off and pick up after game.
Grand city hisar Hotel.

Apologies if not the right thread but wondering what inter fans are like? AC Milan ones met through southern Italy were top but do we all need to watch out for Inter Ultras?? Then again anyone misbehaving in Turkey wants their brains checked out! Ask William Hayes.

Inter are the posher club in Milan if that's anything to go off. It'll be much better than if it was Napoli put it that way.

I'm sure we will meet plenty who are friendly, but if not then stand and fight your ground and all that, all blues in it together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.