Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Ended up 6 of us staying 2 mins walk away from Taksim square Friday night to monday morning. Looks clean and only 120 each so can't complain.

The alternatives I seen in Fatih didn't look upto much and from what I have seen with people I know looks like more staying Taksim so makes sense.

Makes the price of the flight seem better when combining the costs anyway.

For anyone who can get to Bristol there are return flights leaving about 4pm on Friday, returning 7pm on Sunday to SAW. Change at Dalaman out and Antalya in. £350 to £500 but not many left at those prices. Via Skyscanner.

Ended up 6 of us staying 2 mins walk away from Taksim square Friday night to monday morning. Looks clean and only 120 each so can't complain.

The alternatives I seen in Fatih didn't look upto much and from what I have seen with people I know looks like more staying Taksim so makes sense.

Makes the price of the flight seem better when combining the costs anyway.
There's loads of Blues in Fatih, 16 of us in our hotel. Like has been said...its a bed. Plenty of bars in the area and with 25,000-odd blues in Istanbul I'm sure you won't be far away from partying Blues, wherever you are.

Booked 2 weeks ago. Liverpool to Bodrum 4 nights Fri - Tues. EasyJet package £220. Internal flight to Istanbul £70.
Looks like a bargin now!

There's loads of Blues in Fatih, 16 of us in our hotel. Like has been said...its a bed. Plenty of bars in the area and with 25,000-odd blues in Istanbul I'm sure you won't be far away from partying Blues, wherever you are.
You think we'll have 25k there?

As far as I can see, you can still get direct flights from Manc if can go Wed-Sunday for £431 if get the 5.50am flight back. Not sure if enough time to get that though. If 8.30 am flight back it is £579.

I'm on the same flight. Apparently there is a shuttle from the airport to the ground (2.5 hours). So plenty of time unless the plane is desperately late. Bizarrely, apparently it takes 0.5 hours by taxi to the city centre (about £15) and then 1 hour to the ground by shuttle. So that route only takes 1.5 hours to the ground. I'm thinking the smartest move is to book a hotel in the city centre, taxi to hotel, book in and then go to the ground. If the plane is late, just go to the ground. I'm sure there will be multiple blues on this plane so we can all share the costs of taxis/minibuses. I've not even looked at hotels yet.

Just done a quick check and a pre booked minibus for 4 at 16.00 to Taksim or the City Centre is less than £40 and takes 45mins!

ive been looking at this flight as an alternative to to the club day trip. I need to get back to Manchester for family reasons Sunday and I’m looking to get the 8.30am flight, but a bit nervous about the 2.5 hour shuttle time after the match. I’m sure it’s leaving plenty of time, but don’t want to be clockwatching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.