Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

I’m doing the same booking Monday
Car hire down to the match
Job done

1-image-30.jpg

OK, you did ask …

ATL - MAD return with Iberia, business class, 60,000 points and 300 quid

Madrid - Athens with Iberia, business class, 15,000 points and 30 quid

Athens - Istanbul with Aegean, economy class, 60 quid

Istanbul - Milan with Turkish, economy class, 85 quid

Milan - Barcelona with Singapore Airlines, economy plus, 90 quid (Yes, Singapore Airlines have what is called a 5th Freedom flight between Milan & Barcelona)

Barcelona - Madrid on the train

So about 600 quids worth of flights/train and ‘some’ Avios points.

My time in Milan is for a business trade show, everything else is for fun

I decided 3 days in Istanbul with or without City was going to be enjoyable as I’ve never been before.

I travel a lot through my business so I have about 1,000,000 points with different airlines and hotels. And I know my way around getting fare deals.

My hotel in Istanbul is free on points;
c576fde3aab22ab85ba7180c7d69f860.png

Using points also allows me to cancel for free, should I need to.

I even have contingency plans in place should the final get moved to Barcelona or Lisbon ! I’d actually lose about 85 quid if the final isn’t in Istanbul. I’d lose all of the Athens to Istanbul & the Istanbul to Milan is partly refundable.

And yes, I’m a bit OCD with travel

Great effort Blue.

Absolute pisstake that we could go through on Wednesday night and thousands of fans still have no idea which country a final 3 weeks later will be in!!

Absolute pisstake that we could go through on Wednesday night and thousands of fans still have no idea which country a final 3 weeks later will be in!!

Hear what you’re saying, but we do have an idea where it will be. In Istanbul.

Only an out of the norm reaction to the result of an election will cause UEFA to consider relocating the final. Just as they would for a global pandemic or act of war.

But until anything unforeseen happens, I’ll see everyone in Istanbul.

Last edited:
We're Flying into Antalya on the 7th June staying at the Trendy Hotel Lara Beach, got fliights booked on the morning of the game from Antalya to Istanbul then back to Antalya early hours on the Sunday. Then back to Manchester on the 14th, Fingers firmly crossed!
I've gone pretty much the same route ,solo independent traveller. Antalya 9th to 14th.Hopefully the final in the middle.
On the Turkish Airlines 11:20 out to IST match day . Return back to Antalya the Sunday morning out of there at 08:30. If it goes tits up I stay on my sun lounger in Antalya and bite the bullet for the £100 I spent on the return flights.
Be interesting if on any of same flights? Slightly worried about any pending transfers between airport and the ground , sure can latch onto fellow blues somewhere between the airport and the stadium?
Just so need the boys to do the business now

I can appreciate there are those who don't want to jinx things, and that's fine. I'm not one of them and so I want to look at the best routes to Istanbul (Just in case we do it).

Can this thread be dedicated to people sharing their plans whether already booked or looking into it?
Fooked

LOL... Sorry about that. Meant to say 'Fooked it and booked it' an hour ago.
Heading Antalya on an all inclusive for a few days with an internal flight via Turkish Airlines to Istanbul.
£700 all in flying from Manchester on the Thursday and returning Monday night.
OK might miss parade but would rather be in Istanbul should we get there.
Didn't want to risk waiting for after the Milan game or our game. Internal flights and holidays likely to sky rocket.
Hoping and praying we make it.
A few seasons back ended up in Venice and Lido Di Jesolo when we didn't get to the Milan final.
Almost booked last year, about to press button, when Real scored late on.
Third time lucky I'm hoping this time around.
Jet2holidays good at present and Turkish Airlines for internal flight.
All the best blue boys!
MCFC OK

LOL... Sorry about that. Meant to say 'Fooked it and booked it' an hour ago.
Heading Antalya on an all inclusive for a few days with an internal flight via Turkish Airlines to Istanbul.
£700 all in flying from Manchester on the Thursday and returning Monday night.
OK might miss parade but would rather be in Istanbul should we get there.
Didn't want to risk waiting for after the Milan game or our game. Internal flights and holidays likely to sky rocket.
Hoping and praying we make it.
A few seasons back ended up in Venice and Lido Di Jesolo when we didn't get to the Milan final.
Almost booked last year, about to press button, when Real scored late on.
Third time lucky I'm hoping this time around.
Jet2holidays good at present and Turkish Airlines for internal flight.
All the best blue boys!

When would the parade be? Sounds like a good trip mate

UEFA mention a shuttle bus service to and from the airport before/after match if useful for anyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.