Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, some of this lot are really down in the mouth at present. This from Chelsea Shed End:

1. I know many on here will post all sorts of confident things to maintain a face of being an Uber fan, but I can’t believe that anyone can hand on heart really believe we’ve a snowball in Hells chance against City. I’ve lost all hope of an upset. When you can’t score and can barely even manage an attempt on goal and you have no chance against anyone, let alone Man City.

2. We are going to get a caining from an amazing City team I fear. Such a shame our two wins over them recently are now meaningless.

Overreactions, of course. Ridiculous, really. I've seen similar things on here after a couple of bad results. It'll be tight, but if everyone's on their game, I think we'll do it.

One other thing: Werner might as well have been christened Timo Offside Werner. Our back line will have taken note. Really hope Tuchel plays him. Can't understand why he has Havertz on the bench and Werner on the pitch.
They'll have their flappers and bedwetters like we have ours.

If Chelsea blow the top four and a CL slot next year is dependent on beating us in the final, will it make any difference one way or the other?
My wife said that to me yesterday but I countered saying the motivation of winning the CL, in and of itself, is greater than that of qualifying for the CL.

ie them having to win it to qualify for next season isn’t more motivation for them than our players just wanting to win it.

Great post.

I've been pondering this and it's a proper conundrum for Pep.
He can't just rest players as they will lose their match sharpness, particularly KDB, Aguero and Walker who all take time to get upto speed after a lay-off.
Then again he doesn't wanna keep putting match winners in harms way for the last 2 prem games for obvious reasons.
We have to remember these players have done a game every 3 days pretty much all season and the drive and desire has been remarkable.
Taking their foot off the gas now would surely result in a less sharp performance in cl final.
I get the match sharpness bit, but COVID is minimising this a bit, nothing stopping Pep having 11v11 games in the Etihad as part of training and preparation.

The Arsenal defeat was a disaster for them
Win that and Liverpool are no threat to top 4 and they can stride confidently into 2 finals with nothing other than those 2 games to fully concentrate on
Having lost it they are genuinely in a scrap for top 4 and the pre Arsenal confidence has evaporated
They looked like a Lampard side at the end of his reign yesterday

5th and losing 2 cup finals is now very much a possibility
The new manager impact could be fizzling out. If this Chelsea team are not on it they look bang average.

For me it will be game over after 10 minutes if we do a full press job on them, we don’t see this often enough, but when Bernado Kev Phil and Jesus apply the high press with full on intensity we never lose.

Understand you can’t drive players to relentlessly do this every week, but this is our card, all our players are rested, and won’t be running on pure adrenaline

we destroy all teams mentally and whatever game plan they bring with them is unemployable

the intense high press is a bit different to continued possession it puts us on the front foot and we don’t have to keep probing for openings, plus most teams if they have a plan it’s to let us keep the ball as long as there is no intensity and they are in their “shape” then their plan is working

My wife said that to me yesterday but I countered saying the motivation of winning the CL, in and of itself, is greater than that of qualifying for the CL.

ie them having to win it to qualify for next season isn’t more motivation for them than our players just wanting to win it.

It's nice to see some self doubt start to creep into their minds. Until recently they've only had the West Brom dickin to swallow since Tuchel took charge. Let them try all the way up until the last minute at Villa and fail to make Top 4. Also wouldn't mind seeing Kante or Mount pull up with a muscle injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.