Champions League Final , Sat 28th May '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what do you suggest? Swop him for a better shot stopper but worst passer and compromise our winning formula? It makes more sense to improve our finishing which I believe Pep is now doing and who are you and I to argue with the great man?
We haven't found the "winning formula" for the CL yet. We need to address weaknesses in our team to strive to be the best in all positions. I agree with Pep to have a GK who is comfortable with his feet and a good passer but a GK is in a unique and privileged position, able to use his hands to save shots. I love Ederson but we neglect shot stopping with the GK. We should be looking to improve Ederson's athleticism and penalty saving but also looking to recruit a tall, agile, athletic keeper who can challenge Ederson and help us win the elusive CL. Nothing wrong with improving finishing also ;-) !

Think it looks like a perfect storm of Liverpool fans being the cretins they are but also the authorities not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery and being very strict.

Don’t think either party are blameless.
That's as maybe but, in common with Hillsborough, the issue with ordinary football fans (who haven't subscribed to the dipper cult) is the eagerness on their part to deflect blame and consistent refusal to accept responsibility for any wrongdoing whatsoever. Indeed, their behaviour in this regard would even put our current government to shame!

Truth is they are nowhere near our level. To prevent City getting all the attention, they invented this narrative of this whole Pep v/s Klopp rivalry. Their football is tiresome, they grind results most of the time like gk errors, Salah Mane having free run in the box coz they would dive otherwise, getting away with small fouls. Their defenders have free hand to do anything, lowest penalties and red cards given against them in last 5 yrs. (ZERO RED CARDS OR PENALTIES CONCEDED LAST SEASON !!)

If you see it objectively, Klopp is not even top 20 managers in the history of the game. But we are told he's this great Pep nemesis who does it the proper way on a shoestring budget. The only area he made them better was in the box, cleverly trained Salah/Mane to get weak in the box and go down easily. (There is a video of Klopp justifying Neymar's antics in the WC)
So their forwards create this confusion in our defenders mind that they would go down anytime, most goals these guys score is down to defenders not putting a tackle.

Their UCL win vs Spurs was a farce, undeserved penalty in first 5 mins. If it was any other G-14 team that would not have been given. Can we ever forget the amount of decisions they got in 18/19 season, the year before VAR was introduced. They had no right to fight for title till last day, but PL and FA did it. The next season they had to win it being the European champions, the tainted VAR COVID title happened. Now, both domestic cups were won from penalties.

Since we were so good we were able to stop this farce twice, we are a team where we could randomly get 5 good mins and you'll have someone step up, we have so much quality. If not Gundo, someone else would have stepped up that day. Good thing is I think they're falling off with Mane leaving.

The media whitewashing operation has moved into overdrive. Headline from the Guardian website.
Liverpool fans liken ‘terrifying’ treatment in Paris to Hillsborough
Dippers. Taking gaslighting to new levels.

Think it looks like a perfect storm of Liverpool fans being the cretins they are but also the authorities not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery and being very strict.

Don’t think either party are blameless.
That’s true, but the issue is the dipper fans keep creating situations where the abilities of the authorities are pushed to breaking point. This same stadium has faced numerous big events, and even a terror attack with multiple suicide bombers, and coped ok.

Are we in a situation where every major stadium in Europe has to be redesigned to be dipper proof (as we had to do in the uk)? Where every match requires all police leave to be cancelled across the nation and resources diverted to keeping them on the straight and narrow? It’s probably easier just to ban them for a few years and leave football to those fans that can generally behave themselves.

its not about touching its about ‘playing it’. so if the madrid player ‘played it’ theyve decided the 180 degree change of direvtion off fabinhos knee was a deflection and therefore when the madrid player ‘played it’ you then evaluate offside.

similar to the erikksen touch when aguero was given offside against spurs, a decision which (imo) was wrong as erikksen intentionally flicks at the ball with his foot, deeming aguero onside
Can you please clarify the disallowed goal incident if you can?

After Benzema played it backwards the ball only touches Liverpool players. Originally I had assumed a RM player must have touched it? but replays at halftime clearly showed all ball contacts were only by Liverpool players, before it came back to Benzema who put it in.

How can you draw an offside line if there was no RM contact?

My explanation was the VAR were not given sufficient camera footage by BT to show the true ball contacts, similar to the Spur's handball in the CL against us?
Cheers! :-)

The media whitewashing operation has moved into overdrive. Headline from the Guardian website.
Liverpool fans liken ‘terrifying’ treatment in Paris to Hillsborough
Dippers. Taking gaslighting to new levels.

Most of them in Paris probably weren't born when Hillsborough happened.

We haven't found the "winning formula" for the CL yet. We need to address weaknesses in our team to strive to be the best in all positions. I agree with Pep to have a GK who is comfortable with his feet and a good passer but a GK is in a unique and privileged position, able to use his hands to save shots. I love Ederson but we neglect shot stopping with the GK. We should be looking to improve Ederson's athleticism and penalty saving but also looking to recruit a tall, agile, athletic keeper who can challenge Ederson and help us win the elusive CL. Nothing wrong with improving finishing also ;-) !
Are we employing the best goalkeeping coach? If not, we should be. Everyone can improve given the tools. We need a better back up for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.