Champions League Final , Sat 28th May '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently in Paris and there seems to be two alternative realities going around about the incidents yesterday.

There is one peddled by the British media that the Liverpool supporters were poor unfortunates amidst police incompetence and brutality.

There is another I am picking up from here that the problem was caused by Scouse scallies jibbing their way into the stadium or else scaling the perimeter fence. I have seen the you tube videos of the latter happening. The former had the effect of blocking the turnstiles with those turned away ‘staying put’.

Obviously some Liverpool supporters with valid tickets struggled to get in, largely because others had got in by illegitimate means. It all looked like a rerun of the incidents at Wembley last year.

But Liverpool always remain the ‘victims’.

Last edited:

Missus & I are in Paris, a special trip for her big birthday (70) planned months ago. Arrived yesterday and saw no Scousers till this morning. As we're having breakfast in a cafe on a side street and talking to a French couple a L'pool fan came by with his two feral offspring, ages about 14 and 10 maybe, all in their red shirts; the bigger one reaches over and nicks a bit of food off the wife's plate, laughs and runs off. We'd said nowt to them and looked like ordinary tourists or even four locals. Remonstrated with the fat Scouse dad who said his lad's only having a bit of fun and, still thinking we're all French, curses out the two women. Ends up a bit of a scuffle on the pavement till the very big waiter came out of the cafe and the Scousers disappeared down the street. As they went away one of the lads dropped his passport. What shall i do with it?
Tweet John Aldridge with the lad's I.D.; your story, and await an apology from the feral scum - I'm sure John will do the decent thing and mediate. In the meantime, hopefully, the feral family fester in France - till Friday - missing today's "victory" parade.

Missus & I are in Paris, a special trip for her big birthday (70) planned months ago. Arrived yesterday and saw no Scousers till this morning. As we're having breakfast in a cafe on a side street and talking to a French couple a L'pool fan came by with his two feral offspring, ages about 14 and 10 maybe, all in their red shirts; the bigger one reaches over and nicks a bit of food off the wife's plate, laughs and runs off. We'd said nowt to them and looked like ordinary tourists or even four locals. Remonstrated with the fat Scouse dad who said his lad's only having a bit of fun and, still thinking we're all French, curses out the two women. Ends up a bit of a scuffle on the pavement till the very big waiter came out of the cafe and the Scousers disappeared down the street. As they went away one of the lads dropped his passport. What shall i do with it?
Burn it

Take it to a Gendarmerie, say you witnessed a crime by several people of Theft and one of the accused dropped his passport as he made his escape handing them the passport!!

Email LFC !!

Turn up teatime at their house in a few weeks to return it and and nick some chips back

All of those things did happen but it wasn’t every Liverpool fan and some footage shows some just minding their own business being targeted.

It is possible that there’s a huge number of Liverpool fans acting the **** but then so are the French police.

I think some of this stems from the Euros in 2016 and England fans fighting the French riot police… also the frog cops will know the Scousers are the worst of the lot from England.

Liverpool fans have a long history of 'collateral damage'. Yes, innocent people will have been involved, but it's very much a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If (and it's a very big if imo) the innocent people involved had already been turned away from the gates, they could have moved on and avoided being among those congregating/blocking entrances for others. That was always going to be an area of conflict.

I know it's probably a shit situation being told you've bought a fake ticket, but there's nothing the gate staff can do about it. They're already busy trying to stop ticketless fans jibbing in.

Adult Liverpool fans can't possibly be so thick to think that mingling in a large crowd at the entrance gates, just before kick off, when the police around is a good place to be... can they?

Stupid is as stupid does. If they're that thick, they probably deserved everything they got.

What a disgusting thing to do putting your hand in someone's food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.