Champions League Final , Sat 28th May '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently in Paris and there seems to be two alternative realities going around about the incidents yesterday.

There is one peddled by the British media that the Liverpool supporters were poor unfortunates amidst police incompetence and brutality.

There is another I am picking up from here that the problem was caused by Scouse scallies jibbing their way into the stadium or else scaling the perimeter fence. I have seen the you tube videos of the latter happening. The former had the effect of blocking the turnstiles with thise

Obviously some Liverpool supporters with valid tickets struggled to get in, largely because others had got in by illegitimate means. It all looked like a rerun of the incidents at Wembley last year.

But Liverpool always remain the ‘victims’.
I hesitate to say this but, as a dad of 3 boys, I would never have taken them on an away trip like this, nor taken/let someone with significant asthma go there (Jurgen; ru listening!) for fear that it would be dangerous in many obvious ways - as transpired.
Why would you expect to be safe, knowing the history of Liverpool FC? Why not err on the side of caution, and don't go/don't expose them to risk? One thing's for sure, when it all goes tits up and you're crying because someone got hurt, tear-gassed, you had an asthma attack, because you're asthmatic and probably can't take tear gas as well as your average hooligan (who is probably not going to be very far away from you); or you didn't get in the ground because of problems with foreign police, who hold no fondness for the British football fan; or fellow supporters jibbing-in, and causing a closure of turnstiles; don't come crying to the rest of the world bleating your heart out with surprise at how you've been treated.
It was all forseeable, and there was always a chance that what actually happened - for a combination of reasons - was going to be par for the course.

Missus & I are in Paris, a special trip for her big birthday (70) planned months ago. Arrived yesterday and saw no Scousers till this morning. As we're having breakfast in a cafe on a side street and talking to a French couple a L'pool fan came by with his two feral offspring, ages about 14 and 10 maybe, all in their red shirts; the bigger one reaches over and nicks a bit of food off the wife's plate, laughs and runs off. We'd said nowt to them and looked like ordinary tourists or even four locals. Remonstrated with the fat Scouse dad who said his lad's only having a bit of fun and, still thinking we're all French, curses out the two women. Ends up a bit of a scuffle on the pavement till the very big waiter came out of the cafe and the Scousers disappeared down the street. As they went away one of the lads dropped his passport. What shall i do with it?

Take out a mortgage. Otherwise get it in the river with a sausage sellotaped to it

Missus & I are in Paris, a special trip for her big birthday (70) planned months ago. Arrived yesterday and saw no Scousers till this morning. As we're having breakfast in a cafe on a side street and talking to a French couple a L'pool fan came by with his two feral offspring, ages about 14 and 10 maybe, all in their red shirts; the bigger one reaches over and nicks a bit of food off the wife's plate, laughs and runs off. We'd said nowt to them and looked like ordinary tourists or even four locals. Remonstrated with the fat Scouse dad who said his lad's only having a bit of fun and, still thinking we're all French, curses out the two women. Ends up a bit of a scuffle on the pavement till the very big waiter came out of the cafe and the Scousers disappeared down the street. As they went away one of the lads dropped his passport. What shall i do with it?
Sell it on eBay or the Alibaba Express

Down the grid

Return it attached to a brick via the biggest window with the all important ID page ripped out.
Leave a message on it saying, ‘just a bit of fun’.

Bin it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.