Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Plenty of us went to Vegas for the Ricky Hatton/Mayweather fight, booked for 4 nights, delayed coming back, arrived home 2 days late, Mrs H still doesn’t believe me!
I went to New York to see City.
A lot cheaper than Istanbul for flights and digs.
Looked into Istanbul after Wednesday,gave up after a couple of hours.
Flights a nightmare,2 or 3 stops not for me now.
Didn't even look at digs and the location of the stadium another nightmare.
Now any other country nearer the UK and you could well have a struggle getting a ticket.
Inter fans can get there in two and a half hours.
City fans can be anything from 4 to 10 hours.

If what you say is true that’s a fucking scandal. Why the club thinks a City fan in an SC is any better or worse than a City fan who chooses not to be (and vice versa) is fucking disgraceful in the extreme
I get the impression that the club finds it easier to administer ticket sales through the SC. I'm not saying that this is morally right, but it may explain this predilection.

i think supporter clubs if they are to be allocated tickets should be allocated the dearer tickets, this would mean those within branches who could qualify on their own points would not apply through the branch, and it would stop undeserving members jumping on the cheap tickets when they have done nothing to earn gc
If what you say is true that’s a fucking scandal. Why the club thinks a City fan in an SC is any better or worse than a City fan who chooses not to be (and vice versa) is fucking disgraceful in the extreme
You’re wrong, tickets through supporters clubs are never guaranteed. And for this game, fans who’ll qualify in their own right are being advised to get their own tickets.

Different situation completely mate. Middle of covid. 6 thousand (?) city there only. UEFA pissed about moving it from Istanbul at the last minute

My gut feeling.. based on no evidence.. is that of the club do subsidise it, it will be to the tune of a few hundred quid so will probably still be approx £700
That's not subsidised though, that's only subsidised if they secured the planes today. Last week you could book travel for comfortably less than half that price. City would have, or should have secured planes well in advance of then for whatever the price was at the time before demand had an impact. if we were able to buy a single plane ticket last week for a few hundred, city should have secured entire planes for that price if not less, there's no reason why their costs should be reflective of current price hikes. The only possible reasons for city charging as much or similar to the current prices are they've had a monumental cock up securing planes in which case they really should be eating the cost themselves or they've decided to cash in on the demand themselves and charge closer to the current going rate.

I dont think a UCL away game is suitable for a child. The police can be brutal for no reason, there can be chaotic crushes and you'll have to have eyes in the back of your head at all times.

Both Italians and Turks like stabbing people in the arse. Sad but you're never far from violence..

He'll get his chance when he's older.
Maybe you’ve been unlucky but I’ve not seen anything major at away UCL for some time and even last two visits to Madrid police were not OTT other than unnecessary lock-ins. Ultimately our away fan base is fairly well-behaved in comparison to others, and Inter doesn’t have a massive hooligan problem anymore. For sure there might be a fair few local Turks who will try to stir things up but things are very different these days and also there will be thousands of people in Istanbul who are not regulars of either club so it will be a different atmosphere. Any junior who has been to Anfield or the rags etc shouldn’t miss out if they can afford to be taken.

That's not subsidised though, that's only subsidised if they secured the planes today. Last week you could book travel for comfortably less than half that price. City would have, or should have secured planes well in advance of then for whatever the price was at the time before demand had an impact. if we were able to buy a single plane ticket last week for a few hundred, city should have secured entire planes for that price if not less, there's no reason why their costs should be reflective of current price hikes. The only possible reasons for city charging as much or similar to the current prices are they've had a monumental cock up securing planes in which case they really should be eating the cost themselves or they've decided to cash in on the demand themselves and charge closer to the current going rate.
Well I’m only speculating and basing it on what they charged for club trips to places like Munich and Madrid.. from memory these were £400 to £500 so it’s reasonable to assume a trip to Istanbul will be significantly higher

I think we’re gonna bite the bullet and book the flights we’ve found which are much much less than this but involve a lot of pissing about

Can’t afford to wait for city to announce their trips whilst the flights we’ve spotted slowly creep up in price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.