Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Good for him.
Sorry, I hope you don’t I was contradicting your post, just backing up the point that members of the OSC at my local branch do need to attend meetings and those with away attendance history get priority. Without that criteria and being on the Cup Scheme ST holder/members wouldn’t get a ticket.

Sorry, I hope you don’t I was contradicting your post, just backing up the point that members of the OSC at my local branch do need to attend meetings and those with away attendance history get priority. Without that criteria and being on the Cup Scheme ST holder/members wouldn’t get a ticket.
And exactly the same happened at my branch.
All I said before the poster became abusive was that you would be better off joining a Supporters Club than joining the cup scheme. You have as much chance to get a ticket for the final and it’s a lot cheaper.

Wembley, 90,000 capacity.
Ataturk, 75,000 capacity.
There’s more of a chance.

I’d say less of a chance as it’s far easier to get to Wembley than Istanbul so practically every seasoncard holder and member will want to go. Plus God knows how much of our allocation will be available to points holders. I bet it’s less than 60%

Wembley, 90,000 capacity.
Ataturk, 75,000 capacity.
There’s more of a chance.

That will only be a extra 5k tickets each team , less the 40% skim off for OSC , players, corporate etc
I’d imagine 95% of the 18k cup schemers (probably more next year )would want to go to Wembley so the additional 3k tickets won’t go far

30k ain't going to join cup scheme I wouldn't think, especially considering we ain't got there yet and novelty of Wembley seems to be wearing off.
There’s a world of difference between traipsing down to Wembley for FA Cup semi-finals than there is for a CL Final. Anyone who thinks demand won’t be through the roof if we get to the CL Final next year is deluded.

I understand that there is anxiety for people waiting on their window, but I will be really surprised if all cup scheme members who registered for an access code don’t get tickets. City published the criteria knowing how many cup scheme members there are and how many had requested codes. They are normally pretty accurate in setting the points criteria for away games, so the club obviously thinks that the criteria published will be about right. The bigger problem will be a shortage of the cheaper seats as the points required drops.

but if they are not in the now well established cup scheme of 5 years or so they must realise they are not gaurenteed a ticket and so cannot feel agrieved if they sell out.

If we beat inter I am ditching the champions league cup scheme for affordaibity reasons (heart rules head atm should have binned it off already but want to see us win a final) but fully accept I am risking never getting tickets to a semi final or final if we get there

I agree it is an expensive addition and if you know pretty much you won't go to the games it isn't worth not entering, if like me will relent and go regardless the cup scheme cuts ticket costs by 50-100 quid with additional final priority.
I think that there are a lot of people who are like you. They see it as one last leg of the journey - to win the Champions League. Once they've seen it happen, they might view things differently.

In the pre-takeover era, a good many of us might have sold an organ to be at an FA Cup final. I could never understand United fans in my extended family who were blasé about success. They were ST holders but would miss some cup finals. I didn't get it, but 15 major honours later I certainly do. I had to be there at the 2011 semi and final for obvious reasons, and of course 93:20. In the years since however, it no longer feels unmissable. The first trophy lift I missed was 2019 at Brighton and it didn't hurt. I missed the 2020 and 2021 LC finals and PL lift that year. None of them hurt. I'm glad I was at the 2022 PL lift, but would it have hurt had I missed it? Probably not, even factoring in that it was an extraordinary game.

I was at the Chelsea match in Porto and, barring a load of tickets going missing, should be at the Inter match in Istanbul. IF we win against Inter then I may feel that any subsequent finals in the CL aren't worth the hassle of attending. It would be our first CL and may complete a treble. Unless we ever end up in quadruple territory (which I think is unlikely after next season as I can see the League Cup not including sides playing in Europe), where do you go after getting over that hurdle? Yes, you live in the drama of the season and kick every ball, but does actually being there feel like your life depends on it when you've scaled that mountain once before? I'm not sure it does, so when you take this alongside general antipathy towards UEFA, I can see quite a few saying "no more" to the CL scheme if we win it this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.