Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

but if they are not in the now well established cup scheme of 5 years or so they must realise they are not gaurenteed a ticket and so cannot feel agrieved if they sell out.

If we beat inter I am ditching the champions league cup scheme for affordaibity reasons (heart rules head atm should have binned it off already but want to see us win a final) but fully accept I am risking never getting tickets to a semi final or final if we get there

I agree it is an expensive addition and if you know pretty much you won't go to the games it isn't worth not entering, if like me will relent and go regardless the cup scheme cuts ticket costs by 50-100 quid with additional final priority.
Not sure why anyone would bin off the CL cup scheme if we win the CL. Win that and our fanbase grows even further. It would be piss easy to find face value buyers for your CL home tickets next season if you wanted to remain in the scheme but couldn’t afford the tickets.

I think that there are a lot of people who are like you. They see it as one last leg of the journey - to win the Champions League. Once they've seen it happen, they might view things differently.

In the pre-takeover era, a good many of us might have sold an organ to be at an FA Cup final. I could never understand United fans in my extended family who were blasé about success. They were ST holders but would miss some cup finals. I didn't get it, but 15 major honours later I certainly do. I had to be there at the 2011 semi and final for obvious reasons, and of course 93:20. In the years since however, it no longer feels unmissable. The first trophy lift I missed was 2019 at Brighton and it didn't hurt. I missed the 2020 and 2021 LC finals and PL lift that year. None of them hurt. I'm glad I was at the 2022 PL lift, but would it have hurt had I missed it? Probably not, even factoring in that it was an extraordinary game.

I was at the Chelsea match in Porto and, barring a load of tickets going missing, should be at the Inter match in Istanbul. IF we win against Inter then I may feel that any subsequent finals in the CL aren't worth the hassle of attending. It would be our first CL and may complete a treble. Unless we ever end up in quadruple territory (which I think is unlikely after next season as I can see the League Cup not including sides playing in Europe), where do you go after getting over that hurdle? Yes, you live in the drama of the season and kick every ball, but does actually being there feel like your life depends on it when you've scaled that mountain once before? I'm not sure it does, so when you take this alongside general antipathy towards UEFA, I can see quite a few saying "no more" to the CL scheme if we win it this season.
I’d say stay in the CL for next season if we win this year we will retain it I guarantee it and it’s at Wembley so won’t cost a third of this one.

Probably an overseas charge. Best using a Starling bank card or similar for transactions like this.
Signed up for starling yesterday , download into wallet and Plastic card arrive 7th June for any cash withdrawals over there .
I will only take this card with a few ton on it and top it up when necessary .
Smart little app also.
Considered Revolut until I realised they can’t get a UK licence!
Dodgy cunts.

I’d say stay in the CL for next season if we win this year we will retain it I guarantee it and it’s at Wembley so won’t cost a third of this one.
I don't think anyone can guarantee anything in football, but if we got to the final there are a few people on low points who might get a ticket for this year's final but miss out on next year's due to increased CL scheme uptake. I earlier did say I could see people dropping the scheme, but plenty will jump on it.

I think that there are a lot of people who are like you. They see it as one last leg of the journey - to win the Champions League. Once they've seen it happen, they might view things differently.

In the pre-takeover era, a good many of us might have sold an organ to be at an FA Cup final. I could never understand United fans in my extended family who were blasé about success. They were ST holders but would miss some cup finals. I didn't get it, but 15 major honours later I certainly do. I had to be there at the 2011 semi and final for obvious reasons, and of course 93:20. In the years since however, it no longer feels unmissable. The first trophy lift I missed was 2019 at Brighton and it didn't hurt. I missed the 2020 and 2021 LC finals and PL lift that year. None of them hurt. I'm glad I was at the 2022 PL lift, but would it have hurt had I missed it? Probably not, even factoring in that it was an extraordinary game.

I was at the Chelsea match in Porto and, barring a load of tickets going missing, should be at the Inter match in Istanbul. IF we win against Inter then I may feel that any subsequent finals in the CL aren't worth the hassle of attending. It would be our first CL and may complete a treble. Unless we ever end up in quadruple territory (which I think is unlikely after next season as I can see the League Cup not including sides playing in Europe), where do you go after getting over that hurdle? Yes, you live in the drama of the season and kick every ball, but does actually being there feel like your life depends on it when you've scaled that mountain once before? I'm not sure it does, so when you take this alongside general antipathy towards UEFA, I can see quite a few saying "no more" to the CL scheme if we win it this season.
Oh I don't see it as a last leg, I would go to every game I could and finals after this one if my bank valance wpuld allow, but I don't see it as the be all and end all when it comes to competitions, I won't miss a league cup or FA cup no matter how many times we win it, however the champs league is an expensive con job and so once done I can resign myself to saving some money and still devoting all to the 3 domestic competitons.

I have been in the champ league scheme from the start and had to pass up on a Porto ticket because of other finacial expenses at the time which in hindsight I am less bothered about than at the time obviously

The amount of stories I'm hearing of people getting their hands on tickets and don't even go to games is daft. I was confident of getting a ticket last week with 6200 points and in cup scheme, now I very much doubt I'll get one. Absolute waste of money on flights and hotel.
I think you will get one , it will just be how much it will cost . The club don’t usually put up criteria if they don’t think it will go to that point, but there’s always a 1st time

Signed up for starling yesterday , download into wallet and Plastic card arrive 7th June for any cash withdrawals over there .
I will only take this card with a few ton on it and top it up when necessary .
Smart little app also.
Considered Revolut until I realised they can’t get a UK licence!
Dodgy cunts.
I’ve done similar. I signed up to Chase, hoping my card arrives before I leave in under 2 weeks. If not then I’m hoping contactless works just fine on my phone

I’ve done similar. I signed up to Chase, hoping my card arrives before I leave in under 2 weeks. If not then I’m hoping contactless works just fine on my phone
Chase is awesome. 1% cashback on purchases, no foreign currency charges, 3.2% on instant access savings, 5% on round up, and no issues whatsoever with contactless. I've had that for over a year now and it's untouchable.

Not sure why anyone would bin off the CL cup scheme if we win the CL. Win that and our fanbase grows even further. It would be piss easy to find face value buyers for your CL home tickets next season if you wanted to remain in the scheme but couldn’t afford the tickets.
why join a scheme just to sell onto others?

That is how the loyalty points got messed up too many wanting to gain points but not go games so would sell on tickets skewering the whole system and the debarcle it is now

Also being in the cup scheme just to get to a final ticket without doing the other games is personally very disingenous and disrespectful to those putting in the time and effort on midweek nights imho.

If I choose to leave it then I should take the consequences and be back of the line for tickets

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.