Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

Could have been anyone in the semis to be honest.

Us and Liverpool are lightyears ahead of the rest.

Chelsea are definitely best of the rest though.

Very tough tie tomorrow against Alti, but get through that and glad we are facing Real rather than chelski. Don't want a domestic opposition in a CL SF as its a European competition and I'd much prefer to face real than chelski. Real not quite the team they were a few years ago

That’s why it’s all the more infuriating when folk bang on about it’s prestige etc for me. Twats like Jordan or Sutton etc. past winners show it can be won by a team with an easy draw who got on away goals to the final. I get the need to win it for the owners but being domestic champs means more to me.
For our owners, I'd love to see us win it. Personally, I'd be happy with the PL. Winning it, though, would shut up some of the "you've never won it" mob.

This competition is pretty amazing. A shame a few around here don’t get excited about it. Hopefully that changes when we win it
Agreed. The fans who denigrate this competition do so because we're yet to win it, it's just a defence mechanism. When people think of Pep's Barca what are the foremost matches they think of? Yep, the CL final wins. When people think of the irresistible Milan team of the early 2000's, of Kaka, Gattuso et al, what trophy is the first that comes to mind? The Bayern teams throughout the years? This trophy defines elite teams. I want Kev to win the Balon d'Or, I believe on current form he is the best in the world and I want him to recieve that recognition. But he isn't getting that accolade unless we win the CL.

If you can't see that winning this is vital for our progression then you're stuck in the past. It's the only thing left that holds us back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.