Chelsea away ticket details {merged}

allan harper said:
Hinchcliffe's header said:
cheddar404 said:
Maybe West Ham isn't selling too well. That's the only reason I can think of that we wouldn't take the full allocation. I'm sure we'd sell them all though.

Correct. West Ham isn't selling too well. West Ham ticket is at present, a great chance for
those who complain about the loyalty points system and normally miss out, to get a ticket.

Only 3000 loyalty points required today.

If only west ham played in Amsterdam eh !

Well mate, you only get to go to places like Amsterdam, when you put in the effort to attend games like West Ham. (Trip to Amsterdam much more expensive btw)

Usually give Chelsea a miss but I fancied it this year with the game shaping up to be 1st vs 2nd clash, but £60, plus all that goes with it is making me have second thoughts.

Re: 1,400 at Chelsea away..!!

cheddar404 said:
Maybe West Ham isn't selling too well. That's the only reason I can think of that we wouldn't take the full allocation. I'm sure we'd sell them all though.

Correct. West Ham isn't selling too well. West Ham ticket is at present, a great chance for
those who complain about the loyalty points system and normally miss out, to get a ticket.

Sales of away games that are on TV have so far been slow. Compare that with Fulham, Stoke , WBA away. Not on TV, tickets went quick

dadnlad said:
allan harper said:

if only you can get home after the game very little chance of making the last train home

What? Last train back to Manchester leaves Euston at 9pm. £36.70 return

the game finishes at approx 7.35pm. That leaves best part of one and half hours to travel 9 miles!

dadnlad said:
allan harper said:

if only you can get home after the game very little chance of making the last train home

the game finishes at approx 7.35pm. That leaves best part of one and half hours to travel 9 miles!

9 miles in 90 mins cannot be done lol

dadnlad said:
allan harper said:

It's not impossible but it's tighter than you think unless you leave a couple of minutes early.

TfL estimates the journey time on the tube at 38mins so allowing time to get up to the overground platforms at Euston let's call it 45 mins. So you'd need to leave Upton Park on a tube train no later than 8-15pm.

The game finishes at around 7-30pm, say 5 mins to get out of the ground and then about 10 minutes to get to Upton Park tube where you join a long queue at about 7-45pm. You cannot queue longer than 30 mins or you'll miss the last train.

As a comparison, last season at Chelsea I queued outside Fulham Broadway tube station for well over half an hour.

lancs blue said:
dadnlad said:

It's not impossible but it's tighter than you think unless you leave a couple of minutes early.

TfL estimates the journey time on the tube at 38mins so allowing time to get up to the overground platforms at Euston let's call it 45 mins. So you'd need to leave Upton Park on a tube train no later than 8-15pm.

The game finishes at around 7-30pm, say 5 mins to get out of the ground and then about 10 minutes to get to Upton Park tube where you join a long queue at about 7-45pm. You cannot queue longer than 30 mins or you'll miss the last train.

As a comparison, last season at Chelsea I queued outside Fulham Broadway tube station for well over half an hour.

Walking up to either East Ham or Plaistow is the key here. Queues nothing like as bad.

lancs blue said:
dadnlad said:

Yeah, it's not quite as simple as some people think and the 5.30 kick-off time is one of the reasons why I'm not bothering with West Ham away and didn't do QPR away last season. I'd be pretty apprehensive about making that last train at 9pm as it only needs a slight delay for things to go wrong. Once you're on the tube it's usually a smooth enough run so getting on it in time is the bigger issue. Getting it from Plaistow or East Ham should make things easier though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.