Chelsea - Blue on Blue (again)..

The accent thing really resonates with me. I am 26 years old and have no family history or ties to Manchester whatsoever. I live over 4 hours away from Manchester yet I have supported city for as long as I can remember. The reason why I started supporting city was simple, I wanted to be different, everyone down here supports united or Liverpool and I didn’t want to be like them. I can remember watching the derby game at Maine road on tv when beckham scored a free kick thinking to myself I like that blue team.

My first city game in person was away at Chelsea in 2003 when I was 10. My dad got us tickets in the Chelsea end and we lost the game 5-0, I was crying into my hands as Chelsea fans around me consoled me. After the game I found myself by the city coach as Shaun goater came over and signed my programme, I still have that programme framed in my house.

I have over the years had many city fans call me a plastic or a glory hunter or cockney with my favourite being at an away game at Sunderland. It takes 6 and half hours to get to Sunderland from where I live and the kick off was lunchtime on a Sunday yet apparently according to some “proper”blue I wasn’t welcome or a proper fan.

I have been diagnosed with borderline perosnsility disorder and suffer with severe aniexty and when I feel able mentally I go to as many games as my health allows, I went to the home game against Bournemouth and only lasted 25 minutes before my aniexty got the better of me and I had to leave.

This brings me to my point, I sometimes feel intimated and like I don’t belong or deserve to support city because I’m not from Manchester this is particularly bad at away games. I really appreciate the local fans who have supported city through thick and thin all the history of this great club. I know people won’t understand why I support city but I genuinely feel so much love for this club they have given me so many happy memories both on and off the pitch.

I apologise for the long message and I hope I have articulated my point in a manner people can understand I struggle with stuff like this but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks

Well done mate for getting to as many games as you can. Shame we have a minority of dick head fans who get on your case.

The accent thing really resonates with me. I am 26 years old and have no family history or ties to Manchester whatsoever. I live over 4 hours away from Manchester yet I have supported city for as long as I can remember. The reason why I started supporting city was simple, I wanted to be different, everyone down here supports united or Liverpool and I didn’t want to be like them. I can remember watching the derby game at Maine road on tv when beckham scored a free kick thinking to myself I like that blue team.

My first city game in person was away at Chelsea in 2003 when I was 10. My dad got us tickets in the Chelsea end and we lost the game 5-0, I was crying into my hands as Chelsea fans around me consoled me. After the game I found myself by the city coach as Shaun goater came over and signed my programme, I still have that programme framed in my house.

I have over the years had many city fans call me a plastic or a glory hunter or cockney with my favourite being at an away game at Sunderland. It takes 6 and half hours to get to Sunderland from where I live and the kick off was lunchtime on a Sunday yet apparently according to some “proper”blue I wasn’t welcome or a proper fan.

I have been diagnosed with borderline perosnsility disorder and suffer with severe aniexty and when I feel able mentally I go to as many games as my health allows, I went to the home game against Bournemouth and only lasted 25 minutes before my aniexty got the better of me and I had to leave.

This brings me to my point, I sometimes feel intimated and like I don’t belong or deserve to support city because I’m not from Manchester this is particularly bad at away games. I really appreciate the local fans who have supported city through thick and thin all the history of this great club. I know people won’t understand why I support city but I genuinely feel so much love for this club they have given me so many happy memories both on and off the pitch.

I apologise for the long message and I hope I have articulated my point in a manner people can understand I struggle with stuff like this but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks

Welcome to fold mate (delayed by a few years I know) and trust me, you're no less a Blue than the 10's of thousands that went away to York.

The favourite stick to beat us with is the Emptihad jibe and we all seem to question the no shows and the reasons for empty seats. Our "ageing" support is also a favourite topic on here. If younger supporters like you are not welcomed with open arms, then there's your answer as to why we don't take up the shortfall when the regulars don't attend. The "Glory Hunter" is hilarious, as we've had precious little glory over the decades, if we're now attracting glory hunters, bring it on, because that in itself gets us closer to the North Stand expansion, and hopefully a raft of cheaper tickets to bring back those that are priced out at the moment.

For me, its your abusers that show the traits of a personality disorder...personally, I salute you.

Funny how you can almost taste the tone of a persons post in a forum... Your genuine post shines through with the honesty and integrity of a fine gentleman free from notions such as sarcasm or other undesirable traits.

It’s what he does.

I've only been supporting them since 82, probably later as I don't remember much before I was three!?!
Fcukin lightweight. People like you need a good slap.

We have a growing number of our younger support who don't even bother to go in and watch the match these days, happier to get pissed and sing on the concourse even when the match is on.
Not keen on the concourse singers at away games, me. It’s the craze of this decade where people then post their videos online and likeminded people from other clubs comment on them. All of them will go into a stand and be silent for most of the game though, same at all clubs. They need to concentrate their energies on singing in the stands.

I see what you're saying, but would you step in to stop these unpredictable bell ends for £8 an hour?!
No mate, however there was a brilliant steward at Wembley in the League Cup final who diffused the situation (2 pissed up idiots trying to stand in a one seat space) by being very calm and telling them it was the last chance to move before the Police would be brought in, they moved and a lad was then able to take the seat he had paid for. I think the lack of training on handling these situations is clearly visible, the Wembley Steward was about mid sixties and acted like those two older guys in “can’t pay we’ll take it away”! However, I know some nob heads are beyond reasoning with and it’s a risky business, especially for minimum wage.

Not keen on the concourse singers at away games, me. It’s the craze of this decade where people then post their videos online and likeminded people from other clubs comment on them. All of them will go into a stand and be silent for most of the game though, same at all clubs. They need to concentrate their energies on singing in the stands.

You just posted a video of the thing you aren't keen on lol.

All these dickheads have appeared since the away ticket allocation criteria changed. Or so it appears to me. 3 years ago I was eligible for probably 70% of away tickets, now probably 10%. Every away game there are hundreds of young nobs sniffing shit and generally being a pain in the arse, more interested in filming their antics than supporting the team. Where do they all get tickets from? I have had a season ticket since the majority of these dicks were in primary school or nursery and they are at every away game. There are loads of blues my age group in the same boat who feel the same. Anyway, I would of punched the gobshite right in the mouth without thinking.

City have always had dicks - blue on blue. The Swales era was probably when it was at its worst, but many a fight back in division 2 as well. Under psycho things werent great - lots of fall outs and arguments......Samaras was often the big topic!
Its a myth that city fans have always come from manchester. City have always had a good non manchester following going back to the 70's and probably before - leicester, cheltenham, sheffield, rotherham, newcastle, peterborough, maltby, barnsley, halifax, morecombe to name a few. Not many a manc accent between the aforementioned but most of them are 20000 plus pointers and can be seen at every city away game.

All these dickheads have appeared since the away ticket allocation criteria changed. Or so it appears to me. 3 years ago I was eligible for probably 70% of away tickets, now probably 10%. Every away game there are hundreds of young nobs sniffing shit and generally being a pain in the arse, more interested in filming their antics than supporting the team. Where do they all get tickets from? I have had a season ticket since the majority of these dicks were in primary school or nursery and they are at every away game. There are loads of blues my age group in the same boat who feel the same. Anyway, I would of punched the gobshite right in the mouth without thinking.

It’s who you know in the ticket game I think. Oh and Supporters clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.