Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want too much rotation now. We were poor at the back against West Brom and I think a lot of that was down to the full back rotation.
I agree. But should be able to beat Newcastle with Delph, Fernando, and Toure or similar to give Dinho a rest. But one game at a time.

I agree. But should be able to beat Newcastle with Delph, Fernando, and Toure or similar to give Dinho a rest. But one game at a time.

No problems with the rest of the side. It's just full backs that tend to affect us. Kolorov played well against West Brom going forward but second half but he and Zabaleta tired and we Almost got caught out. I imagine both will play in the home game v Stoke though.

w88hzt.jpg

Up yours Press

No rotation please. We have a 4 point gap don't want it to go down to 1. We have to wait till Arse/Rags slip up.

I would play
Hart
Sagna------- Mangala---------- Otamendi------- Clichy
Delph------------ Fernando
Navas-------------- Toure--------------- Nasri
Aguero

Give Fernandinho and KDB a rest , was thinking about trying Kolarov but he can play against Newcaste and Zabaleta as well.

I would play
Hart
Aguero

Give Fernandinho and KDB a rest , was thinking about trying Kolarov but he can play against Newcaste and Zabaleta as well.
No rest,chavs are still a hard team to play against,we need our best 11

I would play
Hart
Aguero

I cant believe we will not play De Bruyne at Chelsea

Why do folks keep moving DeBryune out of the middle? Leave him where he makes the most difference. Adjust everyone else as needed.
Because that's what happens when you incorporate Yaya into this team. It's the same problem Pellegrini has had all season.

Yaya isn't good enough in a 2 man midfield against opposition who will have a fair share of the ball, hence he's played in a 3 - however this means he pushes Silva/KdB out wide as Yaya will be central.

Option 1: 2 man midfield with Yaya = horribly exposed CB's, but places our attacking players in their favoured positions.
Option 2: Yaya in a 3, displacing our best AM's out wide. More solid defensively but weaker & loss of width up top.
Option 3: don't play Yaya & lose some control in midfield but have everyone in favoured positions.

For me in these sorts of games (disregarding fitness issues) I'd still opt for option 3 as we did against PSG - Yaya from the bench if needed. And in games where we're stronger favourites I'd opt for option 1 - hoping the benefits of extra creativity outweigh the defensive issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.