Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point out, that being found not guilty in court does not mean you were found innocent. A not guilty verdict only means that there is reasonable doubt as to your guilt, not that you didn't do it. The FA commision on the other hand had to decide what happened one way or the other, and they believed the version of events where Terry racially abused Ferdinand was the most likely.

I honestly have never met anyone who isn't a Chelsea fan who believes he didn't racially abuse him. Terry's version of events makes absolutely no sense, as I doubt anyone in history has responded to being accused of saying something racist by yelling it back sarcastically.

Danamy said:
zola said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I'm still waiting for the cerebrally-challenged chav to get back to me over Terry being found guilty of racism.
I presume it was all a big misunderstanding that cost him £220,000 and a four game ban.

I already have come back to you twat but as you seem incapable of coherent thinking it's a complete waste of time.
Isn't it embarrassing for you that your own fans are having to correct you ?

Let me remind you that you're a guest on our forum and you should treat posters with respect, if it continues you'll be gone.

Check the CoC if your unsure of the rules on the forum

I'm happy to treat with respect those that show me the same courtesy, if on this board a "guest" is allowed to be abused but is threatened with banning if he dares speak out of turn to those abusing, then feel free to ban me.

aguero93:20 said:
zola said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Look, you brainless shit-stirring southern tit - was Terry guilty of racism or not?
It's a simple enough question, even for an idiot like you.

Like talking to a brick wall but try an understand...

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-terry-found-not-guilty-of-racist-abuse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-t ... cist-abuse</a>
actually the finding was not guilty on criminal charges, guilty on civil charges(the fa use the same standards as a civil court), there's two different standards used here, to be guilty on criminal charges it has to be beyond reasonable doubt (place, motive, physical evidence etc.), whereas civil charges is on the balance of probability (over 50% likelihood). most racist and public order offences are punished with civil convictions and a fine.

Is he a racist though? He is a severe **** of a human being and more than likely said something to Anton Ferdinand but I dont look at him as a racist, many flaws to his brain and personality other than that though

zola said:
Matty said:
laeth said:
Think it's more to do with some posters on here labeling Chelsea, it's fans and it's players as racists. Which is a load of utter rubbish.

Labelling ALL Chelsea fans as racist is, indeed, utter rubbish. Pointing out that they, historically, had close links to the National Front and back in the 70's and 80's did indeed have a fair few racist fans (more than your average club) is not utter rubbish however.

As for their players being racist, again the pluralisation is a misnomer, however John Terry has been banned by the FA for making a racist remark. To therefore call him racist is, I'd have said, a fairly accurate label to apply.

I'll go along with the fans position as their were a number of NF followers back in the day but we are talking 20+ years ago. As for Terry he was cleared in a court of law of saying any racist remarks. Due to the media stirring things up nicely along with the society of black lawyers and the likes of Rio Ferdinand piping up the FA felt they had to act, not because they could prove anything because nobody heard and even lip reading experts were split but because they think "probably" he did say something.

Now whether he did or didn't say something I don't know but to label someone racist off the back of "probably" is wrong.

That's the difference between a court of law, and an employment tribunal. The burden of proof is different.

A court of law needs to prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that something happened. An employment tribunal needs to determine, on balance what is THE MOST LIKELY thing to have occured. What the John Terry case concluded, when both verdicts are taken into account, is that it was impossible to prove what Terry had said but, based upon the testimony provided, and the evidence at hand, it was far more likely he did make a racist remark than he didn't.

I'm happy to call him racist under those circumstances.

zola said:
Danamy said:
zola said:
I already have come back to you twat but as you seem incapable of coherent thinking it's a complete waste of time.
Isn't it embarrassing for you that your own fans are having to correct you ?

Let me remind you that you're a guest on our forum and you should treat posters with respect, if it continues you'll be gone.

I'm happy to treat with respect those that show me the same courtesy, if on this board a "guest" is allowed to be abused but is threatened with banning if he dares speak out of turn to those abusing, then feel free to ban me.

You show me where you've been "abused" and i'll deal with it

To call someone a twat just because they asked you a yes/no question is uncalled for on this forum whether you agree with it or not.

We welcome guests from all teams but the CoC is the same for them as it is with our fanbase

Danamy said:
zola said:
Danamy said:

To call someone a twat just because they asked you a yes/no question is uncalled for on this forum whether you agree with it or not.

We welcome guests from all teams but the CoC is the same for them as it is with our fanbase

In fairness, I gave him a dog's abuse, and much worse than he gave back.
That was wrong, but then so is defending a douchebag who everyone knows made a racist insult.
But at least we know just where the Chelsea fans on this forum stand on racism now.
It's not really there...

Danamy said:
zola said:
Danamy said:

I apologise it wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at another poster who had been abusive

BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
zola said:
Like talking to a brick wall but try an understand...

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-terry-found-not-guilty-of-racist-abuse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-t ... cist-abuse</a>
actually the finding was not guilty on criminal charges, guilty on civil charges(the fa use the same standards as a civil court), there's two different standards used here, to be guilty on criminal charges it has to be beyond reasonable doubt (place, motive, physical evidence etc.), whereas civil charges is on the balance of probability (over 50% likelihood). most racist and public order offences are punished with civil convictions and a fine.

Is he a racist though? He is a severe **** of a human being and more than likely said something to Anton Ferdinand but I dont look at him as a racist, many flaws to his brain and personality other than that though
he's racist if he said it, unless he can get a diagnosis as mentally disabled or insane his level of mental capability is no defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.