Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
zola said:
Like talking to a brick wall but try an understand...

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-terry-found-not-guilty-of-racist-abuse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.sky.com/story/959809/john-t ... cist-abuse</a>
actually the finding was not guilty on criminal charges, guilty on civil charges(the fa use the same standards as a civil court), there's two different standards used here, to be guilty on criminal charges it has to be beyond reasonable doubt (place, motive, physical evidence etc.), whereas civil charges is on the balance of probability (over 50% likelihood). most racist and public order offences are punished with civil convictions and a fine.

Is he a racist though? He is a severe **** of a human being and more than likely said something to Anton Ferdinand but I dont look at him as a racist, many flaws to his brain and personality other than that though

Simple answer is we don't know whether he is. If he is, then on the scale of how racist he is then it isn't very high, he isn't a member of a white supremacist organisation or a lynch mobber. Other than the one incident is there anything else from his conduct to point towards him at least having racist views? Courts/tribunals don't convict people of being racists, as much as a pathetic view it is, people are entitled to have that view.

People can always change their views as well, Mark Wahlberg was convicted of a racially motivated attack in which he blinded a man but he usually escapes criticism for this.

mcmanus said:
Kun Aguero said:
Please can we bring back THFC and bully him instead?

He was fun. I've got a graph to prove it.

I'll see your graph, and raise you a multi-coloured, eye=watering dayglo pie chart which proves that statistically Spuds would be top if we discounted all goals scored against them.

mcmanus said:
Kun Aguero said:

mods say we can't have him back unless we walk and feed him ourselves and clean up after him, and tidy away his flowcharts and spreadsheets.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
actually the finding was not guilty on criminal charges, guilty on civil charges(the fa use the same standards as a civil court), there's two different standards used here, to be guilty on criminal charges it has to be beyond reasonable doubt (place, motive, physical evidence etc.), whereas civil charges is on the balance of probability (over 50% likelihood). most racist and public order offences are punished with civil convictions and a fine.

Is he a racist though? He is a severe **** of a human being and more than likely said something to Anton Ferdinand but I dont look at him as a racist, many flaws to his brain and personality other than that though

Simple answer is we don't know whether he is. If he is then on the scale of how racist he is then it isn't very high, he isn't a member of a white supremacist organisation or a lynch mobber. Other than the one incident is there anything else from his conduct to point towards him at least having racist views? Courts/tribunals don't convict people of being racists, as much as a pathetic view it is, people are entitled to have that view.

If you saw some daft lad on the street clearly mouthing the words 'black ****' to a passer by, would you assume he was racist, or would you have to conduct a series of tests to confirm it?
How many times would he have to repeat the act before you saw a pattern emerging?

BoyBlue_1985 said:

he's racist if he said it, unless he can get a diagnosis as mentally disabled or insane his level of mental capability is no defence.

Does one quote make a racist though? Although as you said "if" he said it which I think is indisputable due to the lip reading but he is adamant it was a question. I dont care anyway just a question

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Simple answer is we don't know whether he is. If he is then on the scale of how racist he is then it isn't very high, he isn't a member of a white supremacist organisation or a lynch mobber. Other than the one incident is there anything else from his conduct to point towards him at least having racist views? Courts/tribunals don't convict people of being racists, as much as a pathetic view it is, people are entitled to have that view.

If you saw some daft lad on the street clearly mouthing the words 'black ****' to a passer by, would you assume he was racist, or would you have to conduct a series of tests to confirm it?
How many times would he have to repeat the act before you saw a pattern emerging?

Yes, Fetlocks but you have changed the context and you know it. It was two daft footballers winding each other who have known each other for a long period of time. Did Terry mean it, does he actually believe that people's worth depreciates with darker skin? Or was being his usual self- a ****? It was also a while ago so it is possible he could of change his views.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
he's racist if he said it, unless he can get a diagnosis as mentally disabled or insane his level of mental capability is no defence.

Does one quote make a racist though? Although as you said "if" he said it which I think is indisputable due to the lip reading but he is adamant it was a question. I dont care anyway just a question

Does one racist killing make Anthony Walker a racist murderer?
Who knows - he may have twatted a white bloke with a hammer next had he not been apprehended, and therefore be seen as a multi-racial psychotic madman.
And it was dark at the time...

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

imo, if you react to being frustrated by calling someone a fucking black ****, then you def. have racist tendencies, you don't have to be a fully paid up ukip/bnp/neo-nazi to be racist. I wouldnt say that no matter how frustrated I got, i'd be quite happy to call Anton Ferdinand half the names under the sun, but it wouldn't enter my head to use 'black' as an insult, I'd find that abhorrent. so in my opinion he is.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
mcmanus said:
Kun Aguero said:

I'll see your graph, and raise you a multi-coloured, eye=watering dayglo pie chart which proves that statistically Spuds would be top if we discounted all goals scored against them.

Gareth Bale update.

Still a Spurs player.

Spurs still have no intention of selling him.

1327341712_horse_front_flip.gif

zola said:
Danamy said:
zola said:
I already have come back to you twat but as you seem incapable of coherent thinking it's a complete waste of time.
Isn't it embarrassing for you that your own fans are having to correct you ?

Let me remind you that you're a guest on our forum and you should treat posters with respect, if it continues you'll be gone.

Check the CoC if your unsure of the rules on the forum

I'm happy to treat with respect those that show me the same courtesy, if on this board a "guest" is allowed to be abused but is threatened with banning if he dares speak out of turn to those abusing, then feel free to ban me.

Ta ra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.