Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
not basing this on yesterdays match, but i do think the title will be between us and chelsea
united 3rd.

original.gif

Reaction to Lampard's goal. Essien's is great.

Castiel said:
original.gif

Mourinho looks a proper twat there. Just for a split second he starts off celebrating as though it's him thats scored, with that "I am so fucking great I could eat myself" look on his face. Then he realises he isn't supposed to be as narcissistic this time around.

I saw it Jose, you ain't fooling me.

As soon as a few results go against them, he'll be back to gouging eyes out and falling out with every fucker.

stony said:
Castiel said:
original.gif

Mourinho looks a proper twat there. Just for a split second he starts off celebrating as though it's him thats scored, with that "I am so fucking great I could eat myself" look on his face. Then he realises he isn't supposed to be as narcissistic this time around.

As soon as a few results go against them, he'll be back to gouging eyes out and falling out with every fucker.

Yeh saw that too. Can't stand the man.

stony said:

If you don't like him, fair enough. But you're criticising a manager for being passionate about his team scoring here. Not exactly solid ground. You're saying he's happy when he's winning, and not happy when he isn't. I'm not sure what else you'd expect. If he was happy with losing and stoic when winning I think he'd have to readdress his priorities.

Castiel said:
stony said:

If you don't like him, fair enough. But you're criticising a manager for being passionate about his team scoring here. Not exactly solid ground. You're saying he's happy when he's winning, and not happy when he isn't. I'm not sure what else you'd expect. If he was happy with losing and stoic when winning I think he'd have to readdress his priorities.

No problem with him celebrating at all. Read what I said again.

stony said:
Yes but you're seeing something entirely subjective, unless you can read his mind. Are you saying he's not celebrating in the right way?

Castiel said:
stony said:
Yes but you're seeing something entirely subjective, unless you can read his mind. Are you saying he's not celebrating in the right way?

I'm not the only one who saw it, right at the start of that clip for a split second it was all about Jose, until he regained his composure and put on the mask again. I know you'll defend him to the hilt, I wouldn't expect anything less, he's been phenomenal for you.
I do think he's a narcissistic and poisonous character though, and I don't think he loves you as much as you love him.
He's been auditioning for the rags for the last couple of years, and if they'd have wanted him, he'd have been there in a heartbeat. His love of Chelsea wouldn't have mattered a jot.

stony said:
I'm not the only one who saw it, right at the start of that clip for a split second it was all about Jose, until he regained his composure and put on the mask again. I know you'll defend him to the hilt, I wouldn't expect anything less, he's been phenomenal for you.
I do think he's a narcissistic and poisonous character though, and I don't think he loves you as much as you love him.
He's been auditioning for the rags for the last couple of years, and if they'd have wanted him, he'd have been there in a heartbeat. His love of Chelsea wouldn't have mattered a jot.
Well as I said, that's subjective. He absolutely is narcissistic and arrogant. That's pivotal to his success as a manager. But I do believe that he loves being here because of how much we appreciate him. Inter fans appreciated him as well and he has nothing but good things to say about his time there.

I also don't believe for a second that United didn't attempt to get him to one degree or another. Like their many transfer ventures this summer, they failed. If Mourinho had called Ferguson up and told him he wanted the United job, do you think their board would have said no? It's all saving face because a lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea of United being rejected, a point that has been hammered home several times this summer.

Moyes may have been Ferguson's choice for various reasons, but if Mourinho had wanted that job he could have gotten it (unless this conspiracy of Ferguson sabotaging his successor to ensure he isn't outdone is actually true). So I tend to believe him when he says he never considered them. He's always been on good terms with Ferguson and much of that was misconstrued over the years as him "flirting" for the job. Mourinho picks his battles, and battles with Ferguson rarely ended well (look at Rafa and Wenger made into laughing stocks who Mourinho regularly took on himself).

Lost ALL respect for the man after the eye gouging incident, should have been given a lifetime ban from the touchline.

A great managerial record all the same but tainted forever by his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.