Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are a bit strange at the best of times - can win the league or finish 10th (as Bosnian Blue pointed out). Given those kinds of swings, it's hard to know where to even start thinking about what they'll do next season. The manager and player bans are the big ones, and at least they should know about those before long. As Vialli98 says above, there's so much up in the air we'll need to wait for some of it to come down before even guessing (but where's the fun in that?).

Ofc they do but I'm not the one making big predictions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What do you predict? Top 6? Top 4?

If, after just 1 seasons managerial experience in the Championship, Lampard is an instant succedd at Chelsea. And, if academy players can make the step up and hit the ground running, what's your prediction?
If this, best case scenario, doesn't happen, what's your prediction?
Personally, I hope you finish above united but I do believe this season will be a used transitional season. Top 6 might be a struggle.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing Pulisic. He’s a tremendous talent. Just fear that the shoes he has to fill are quite large and that the weight of expectation may be too much. Chelsea fans need to show patience and allow him time to adapt.

Actually think Chelsea will be fine. They'll hardly come close to winning the league but I think they're in a better place than United. If Arsenal can get a couple of good deals through United might be in big trouble.
Kepa
Azpilicueta, Luiz, Rudiger, Emerson
Kante, Jorginho, Barkley
Pulisic, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi

Caballero
Zappacosta, Christensen, Zouma, Alonso
Kovacic, Drinkwater, Loftus-Cheek (Mount)
Willian, Abraham, Pedro (Batshuayi)

Last edited:
What do you predict? Top 6? Top 4?

If, after just 1 seasons managerial experience in the Championship, Lampard is an instant succedd at Chelsea. And, if academy players can make the step up and hit the ground running, what's your prediction?
If this, best case scenario, doesn't happen, what's your prediction?
Personally, I hope you finish above united but I do believe this season will be a used transitional season. Top 6 might be a struggle.

Best case scenario, 4th.
If that doesn't happen, then 6th.

There is one player that feels like a hidden gem at the minute, but I think he's genuinely a class player - Reece James. He hasn't received anywhere near the level of attention Hudson-Odoi, even someone like Mason Mount, has received but he's arguably the biggest talent we have on our hands - James won the Chelsea YPOTY ahead of the likes of Hudson-Odoi the season before last. Mount is also a super talented kid who has now had 2 years of great loan experience in the bag - and that is before we get to the injured players returning (Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek) and other experienced loanees returning (Zouma, Batshuayi) plus new signing Pulisic.

We could witness new and improved performances from Kovacic, Barkley and Jorginho in these new positions and systems Lampard has been testing them in, so far with great results.

I'm obviously viewing things with a hint of Chelsea bias, but I genuinely feel there are lots of reasons to be optimistic about the season ahead.

But if things go belly up, and we find ourselves with no CL football the following season, we still have a huge pile of cash saved up that we can add to next summer's budget to sign someone like Mbappe and/or Sancho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.