Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some unknown reason, I find it hard to hold Chelsea to the same level of contempt as the other 4. Perhaps it is I see them as the lesser of all evils. Except for when they play us, I find myself pulling for them to get a favorable result. Am I wrong? Should I seek psycho analysis? Maybe I'm just partial to the color blue? Thoughts, suggestions?
I have nothing against them , I think it's because they stood up to Ferguson's bullies.

Going off that yesterday they are in trouble. They looked like a league cup/reserve side. They are like Swansea, looked nice enough but absolutely nothing going forward and as for that keeper, the least said the better

They've got Zouma and one end and Abraham at the other, its not a good combination
Abraham is not a bad player, Chelsea probably shouldn't be relying on him for 20-30 goals a season, but he's decent.

Actually thought Chelsea showed the better football in that game yesterday, it was just awful defensive coordination that got them done on the break time and time again and a failure to adapt to it. Once rudiger is back and kante is fit that should improve. Upfront they have absolutely nothing though, Abraham and Mount looked miles out of their depth, Pedro and Barkley at least looked a threat but every attack broke down when either of abraham or Mount got on the ball. Pulisic settling and CHO and RLC returning should help in that respect but that doesn’t solve their striker problem. think batshuayi is possibly their best bet right now.

Despite them getting slaughtered I’d still have them down as finishing higher than United this season.

For some unknown reason, I find it hard to hold Chelsea to the same level of contempt as the other 4. Perhaps it is I see them as the lesser of all evils. Except for when they play us, I find myself pulling for them to get a favorable result. Am I wrong? Should I seek psycho analysis? Maybe I'm just partial to the color blue? Thoughts, suggestions?

I’m the same, I find myself wishing them well as some kind of insurance against us dropping the ball. If ever we don’t win something, of all the likely contenders, Chelsea are the least offensive of the lot to me.

Going off that yesterday they are in trouble. They looked like a league cup/reserve side. They are like Swansea, looked nice enough but absolutely nothing going forward and as for that keeper, the least said the better

They've got Zouma and one end and Abraham at the other, its not a good combination

They were OK in spells yesterday, but didn't really look like scoring. Those long-range shots weren't going to catch De Gea out, but that guy firing them in did look to have a decent shot on him.

Mason Mount might have been OK with Derby in the Championship, but the Prem is a whole different kettle of fish. He just doesn't look ready. Like Grealish, and Rodri, he will need to learn quickly that you don't get loads of time on the ball in the Prem. I don't think he's going to have the impact Lampard was hoping for.

The same goes for their other young hopefuls. I just can't see them all making the huge step up all at the same time, without lots of experienced players around them. Letting Cahill and Luiz go might prove to be a mistake for Chelsea. Compare how Foden is being introduced gradually, surrounded by loads of seasoned professionals to help see him through. Lampard has been quite naive here, and I think he might suffer as a consequence.

I think too much is being made of the players who were missing yesterday. For me the glaringly obvious failing yesterday had nothing to doe with Kante or Willian but was a whole team problem - or rather that there was no team. They had a 'keeper, four defenders (certainly not a back four), four in midfield, Mount behind Abraham up front, but even in the first half they functioned as separate units rather than as a team. Even in the first half passing was over long distances and to isolated players: in the second half, as they collapsed into a rabble, the isolation grew and we saw an endless succession of Chelsea players in possession running forward, then running back, finding no team mate to pass to so running sideways before losing the ball. No team work, no structure or discipline simply shambles and chaos. When we get on to individuals the picture is even bleaker. The 'keeper looks dodgy, those two CBs simply aren't good enough, Azpilicueta looks a sickly shadow of the great player he is and lacked positional discipline. To be kind to him it may have been because he never had any idea of where his other defenders were. Emerson has a good shot and may be effective in a back four which is a back four. The three in midfield were okay as individuals but never played wit each other. Pedro was awful' gave the ball away with monotonous regularity but seemed to blame everone else for the regularity with which his passes picked out a red shirt. Mount started brightly but seemed to be pulled down to the level of his colleagues and Abrahams is a talented youngster but simply cannot make up for the deficiences of his team mates.

Souness said he is unable to see who is going to get the goals for Chelsea to maintain a credible challenge for the top 4. I have to agree, but on the other hand it is not hard to see why they might not find Sunday is their only four goal thumping. I didn't see any of the positives others have and the fact that Chelsea were the better team for the first hour is much more a real cause of concern for the rags than a feather in Chelsea's cap. It is to be hoped that Lampard is correct when he says it's the first game of the season and they'll get better. They looked totally unprepared and if Frank is right there's an awful lot of getting better to do.

I’m the same, I find myself wishing them well as some kind of insurance against us dropping the ball. If ever we don’t win something, of all the likely contenders, Chelsea are the least offensive of the lot to me.

I don't necessarily wish them well, but certainly dislike them less than the other, by a considerable margin. Just a shame their fans tend towards arsehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.