Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case scenario, 4th.
If that doesn't happen, then 6th.

There is one player that feels like a hidden gem at the minute, but I think he's genuinely a class player - Reece James. He hasn't received anywhere near the level of attention Hudson-Odoi, even someone like Mason Mount, has received but he's arguably the biggest talent we have on our hands - James won the Chelsea YPOTY ahead of the likes of Hudson-Odoi the season before last. Mount is also a super talented kid who has now had 2 years of great loan experience in the bag - and that is before we get to the injured players returning (Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek) and other experienced loanees returning (Zouma, Batshuayi) plus new signing Pulisic.

We could witness new and improved performances from Kovacic, Barkley and Jorginho in these new positions and systems Lampard has been testing them in, so far with great results.

I'm obviously viewing things with a hint of Chelsea bias, but I genuinely feel there are lots of reasons to be optimistic about the season ahead.

But if things go belly up, and we find ourselves with no CL football the following season, we still have a huge pile of cash saved up that we can add to next summer's budget to sign someone like Mbappe and/or Sancho :)

Has Frank been playing Kanté in his best position?

Has Frank been playing Kanté in his best position?

Kante hasn't featured at all in the preseason games due to injury.

Lampard has experimented with 4231 with Jorginho/Kovacic in the pivot and 442 diamond, both with mixed but mostly good results.

If that same Chelsea turn up in Istanbul on wednesday night for that Super Cup malarkey, the dippers will rip them a new one.

Is there any point in that going ahead? If I was Chelsea I wouldn't waste my time, it could be embarrassing.

Bye bye chelski.sack an experienced, tactically astute manager and replace him with a novice,lol.

For some unknown reason, I find it hard to hold Chelsea to the same level of contempt as the other 4. Perhaps it is I see them as the lesser of all evils. Except for when they play us, I find myself pulling for them to get a favorable result. Am I wrong? Should I seek psycho analysis? Maybe I'm just partial to the color blue? Thoughts, suggestions?

Going off that yesterday they are in trouble. They looked like a league cup/reserve side. They are like Swansea, looked nice enough but absolutely nothing going forward and as for that keeper, the least said the better

They've got Zouma and one end and Abraham at the other, its not a good combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.