Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still as wonderful as it was. City and Liverpool are supposedly interested in one of them right one, Levi Colwill. Your man Kompany will probably attest to the quality of Ian Maatsen. We've already seen Lewis Hall in and around the first team.
So all's good. Just a matter of keeping the collective nerve while things develop.

I don’t think they will attract big fees. Mount has gone backwards from being a great prospect. Just think Chelsea have wasted money in recent years (not on Mount).

Mount has won Chelsea POTY the last 2 years. This is his first below par season and the entire team is in disarray. If Chelsea do sell him, which I hope to god we don't, he'll go for at least £70m. Kovacic will have a year left on his deal I think so likely won't fetch a huge fee, but to call wasters is a bit much, no?

Mount has won Chelsea POTY the last 2 years. This is his first below par season and the entire team is in disarray. If Chelsea do sell him, which I hope to god we don't, he'll go for at least £70m. Kovacic will have a year left on his deal I think so likely won't fetch a huge fee, but to call wasters is a bit much, no?
It shouldn't matter how many years Kovacic has on his contract - he's awful

I would absolutely take Kovacic if Gundogan goes. I think he would thrive in a Pep team, although he would not give you the goals that Gundo comes up with. But a very good player and excellent in tight spaces.

I think City have consistently been the best run club in the Prem, notwithstanding potential FA-FFP issues that are yet to be decided.

We are currently looking like the worst run club in the Prem, although it's been such a crazy period of upheaval for us that I think it's maybe a little early to judge the level of business model the new owners have. Don't get me wrong, I think the transfer policy so far, aside from investing heavily in youth, has appeared crazy and without much idea, but as I say, it's early.

Kante: He is still our best CDM by a distance, and I don't see anyone in the City squad or indeed any other squad anywhere near his level either. The man is pretty much the Messi of defensive midfield imo. His only Achilles heal is his propensity to injury.

Last edited:
Kova is a superb player. It's absolutely forgivable for a CIty fan who doesn't see him week in week out to miss his quality. As BongoBlue said, excellent in tight spaces, very hard to knock off the ball, and able to carry the ball forward.

I had a Chelsea supporting plumber at my house last week. We were talking about players, and he said the only player he really didn't rate was Kova. 'Just fix the toilet and fuck off mate' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.