Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely looking forward to the game at the weekend!

Why? As far as I'm concerned we've effectively been in pre-season for the last few weeks at least. We have nothing to play for and might as well try a few things. I hope Frank gets that.

This weekend sees us playing the best team in Europe right now. As such it's a great opportunity to play such a high level of competitor without any real pressure, which is a rare situation.

Any decent performance that doesn't end in a complete drubbing will be treated as a positive.

And by the way, today is the date in 2012 that we pulled off maybe the greatest victory in Champions League Final history by beating Bayern at the Allianz. In comparison, facing City at the Etihad for a mere three prem points that won't do us any favours anyway is just a fun thing to look forward to :)

Last edited:
I am genuinely looking forward to the game at the weekend!

Why? As far as I'm concerned we've effectively been in pre-season for the last few weeks at least. We have nothing to play for and might as well try a few things. I hope Frank gets that.

This weekend sees us playing the best team in Europe right now. As such it's a great opportunity to play such a high level of competitor without any real pressure, which is a rare situation.

Any decent performance that doesn't end in a complete drubbing will be treated as a positive.

And by the way, today is the date in 2012 that we pulled off maybe the greatest victory in Champions League Final history by beating Bayern at the Allianz. In comparison, facing City at the Etihad for a mere three prem points that won't do us any favours anyway is just a fun thing to look forward to :)
Lmfao, didn’t you win it on penalties?

Lmfao, didn’t you win it on penalties?
Yes we did. Are you struggling to understand the significance of playing a Champions League final against one of Europe's consistently strongest teams at their own ground?

Yes we did. Are you struggling to understand the significance of playing a Champions League final against one of Europe's consistently strongest teams at their own ground?
Not really and there’s no need to try and be condescending. You drew 1-1 and won the lottery that is a penalty shootout. Hardly “maybe the greatest victory in the Champion’s League final history” as you put it. We just drew 1-1 at the Allianz, what’s the big deal?

Not really and there’s no need to try and be condescending. You drew 1-1 and won the lottery that is a penalty shootout. Hardly “maybe the greatest victory in the Champion’s League final history” as you put it. We just drew 1-1 at the Allianz, what’s the big deal?
'condescending' says the guy who started his first post with 'Lmfao'.

If you don't realise the significance of playing a major final at the ground of your opponent (not sure it's happened before or since) then maybe you're missing something my friend.

Very recently City managed to snatch a draw away to Real, and then slapped them at home. Did that have nothing to do with surroundings, and the cauldron of support at the Bernabau/ Etihad and the energy that gives the home players?

I'm biased to Chelsea, so my version of 'maybe the greatest' is going to be playing an 'away' final. United fans will point to their last gasp win vs Bayern. Liverpool fans will reference their 'back from the dead' victory against AC. There's no definitive way to judge these things.

Lmfao :)

'condescending' says the guy who started his first post with 'Lmfao'.

If you don't realise the significance of playing a major final at the ground of your opponent (not sure it's happened before or since) then maybe you're missing something my friend.

Very recently City managed to snatch a draw away to Real, and then slapped them at home. Did that have nothing to do with surroundings, and the cauldron of support at the Bernabau/ Etihad and the energy that gives the home players?

I'm biased to Chelsea, so my version of 'maybe the greatest' is going to be playing an 'away' final. United fans will point to their last gasp win vs Bayern. Liverpool fans will reference their 'back from the dead' victory against AC. There's no definitive way to judge these things.

Lmfao :)
Well you’re turning into a bellend after playing the friendly card for a bit. You’re on ignore from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.