Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

True, but Madueke was just as threatening against Celtic and Club America, plus he ended last season in great form, so I'm confident enough in saying he'd probably he played just as well if you still had Gvardiol defending that side :)
Madueke and Jackson arguing who should take the penalty last season acting like a right pair of selfish cunts, team spirit? Fuck all, there's going to be a lot of disharmony in the squad this season and Maresca isn't the man to sort it out, sacked by Christmas. What a basket case of a club you support.

Anymore none football related assets you can sell to yourselves to keep within PSR/FFP? It's a joke how you're getting away with it.

The lack of discipline clearly runs throughout the club, exactly the same behaviours seen at United for years

Madueke and Jackson arguing who should take the penalty last season acting like a right pair of selfish cunts, team spirit? Fuck all, there's going to be a lot of disharmony in the squad this season and Maresca isn't the man to sort it out, sacked by Christmas. What a basket case of a club you support.

Anymore none football related assets you can sell to yourselves to keep within PSR/FFP? It's a joke how you're getting away with it.
Especially after having the debt owed to Abramovich written off, just the £1.8bn

Maybe the American owners have had a lunch meeting and agreed to abandon FFP/PSR after City's hearing. It was intended to hobble City so, if they manage to get us penalised, job done, if they don't we'll it's been time well spent from their perspective.

Reactions: PPT
Especially after having the debt owed to Abramovich written off, just the £1.8bn
What's the strategy with all these players they've been signing since Boehly has bought the club? There doesn't, to me anyway, appear to be a coordinated strategy. Buy as many players as possible, and hope to hit on a decent starting XI. 6th last season; for all the money they've spent, that's poor. And I'm not sure that Maresca is the man for the job. Managing Leicester is one thing; it's a huge step up going to Chelsea. Potter couldn't hack it, and he was an established PL manager. Neither could Pochettino, who they should have persevered with, IMO.

Maybe the American owners have had a lunch meeting and agreed to abandon FFP/PSR after City's hearing. It was intended to hobble City so, if they manage to get us penalised, job done, if they don't we'll it's been time well spent from their perspective.
Think this was plan it's just took longer to get to trial than they thought or our owners would've sold up by now and moved on

Long forgotten. Distant memory. The only reason I remember that even happened is because people like you keep reminding me. The team spirit seems fine to me. Madueke, Jackson and Palmer are clearly all mates off the pitch, so I’m good.

Don’t blame us for the hotel sold to ourselves being legal. Aston Villa owners sold Villa Park to themselves about 4 years ago, and the PL investigated it and deemed it legal and fair. Since then about dozen clubs have done the same to avoid financial trouble. Chelsea didn’t find this loophole. It already existed and the PL ruled it was fair long before Boehly & co took over Chelsea.

I do agree that it is stupid and a joke that it is allowed by the way. But once they allowed Villa to do it, it set a precedent.

Last edited:
What's the strategy with all these players they've been signing since Boehly has bought the club? There doesn't, to me anyway, appear to be a coordinated strategy. Buy as many players as possible, and hope to hit on a decent starting XI. 6th last season; for all the money they've spent, that's poor. And I'm not sure that Maresca is the man for the job. Managing Leicester is one thing; it's a huge step up going to Chelsea. Potter couldn't hack it, and he was an established PL manager. Neither could Pochettino, who they should have persevered with, IMO.

It’s best to think of a lot of these signings as profit making signings, and not as Chelsea signings for the first team. Neto, yes. Straight into the first team. But there are at least 20-25 players we’ve signed in the last 2 years that fits the category of ‘just a punt for the future, flip for profit after a good loan’. It’s an awful and soulless way to run a club, treating players like cattle, but that seems to be the plan they’re going for. A lot of these players won’t ever sniff first team minutes at Chelsea.

It’s best to think of a lot of these signings as profit making signings, and not as Chelsea signings for the first team. Neto, yes. Straight into the first team. But there are at least 20-25 players we’ve signed in the last 2 years that fits the category of ‘just a punt for the future, flip for profit after a good loan’. It’s an awful and soulless way to run a club, treating players like cattle, but that seems to be the plan they’re going for. A lot of these players won’t ever sniff first team minutes at Chelsea.

The agents also have a lot to answer for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.