Chelsea v City post match discussion

Should have won that, were the better of the two sides , YaYa needs to get his act together and Kun should have put that header away still a point tho and we have struggled there in the past.

Stoned Rose said:
Damocles said:
Not particularly truthful.

You've misunderstood having more possession for being the better team. Absolutely no way were we the better team than Madrid, and we were pretty even with Chelsea.

No mate I haven't 'misunderstood'. We had more possession and more shots on goal than both Madrid and Chelsea. Chelsea had one shot on target at their own ground.

We were better than both.
Absolutely. We battered Madrid second half and Chelsea had one shot on target. City are not perfect but this is the best team any of us has ever seen....and they have only just started. It's between us and the rags and I know who I am backing!

i can understand people being disapointed but some posters on here expect the 3 points to be handed out prior to the game they need to wobble their heads a little,i wonder how many of these posters followed the blues to the bottom tier of english football and back 'my guess is non'

I understand now what people go on about when criticising the team on this forum and on radio phone ins after a defeat! Never got a sniff of the game until about 6.05 when I clicked on Radio Manc. I heard three comments and came to the conclusion I was about to hear the result of a heavy defeat. The last comment was about the game that Yaya played and the caller/presenter (forget which) put the 0-0 down to Yaya. Don't know whether it was a suggestion that he buggered it up or was responsible for us coming away with a point, but I thought, fuckin' 'ell, we got a point at The Bridge! Two wins in the last five hundred years and we've got a point. No Torres goal, no hattrick, Rafa gets fucked off by the CFC fans (that's what loyalty is about - well done, Chelsea fans) and a point I would have settle for last Thursday. AND we had that fucker Foy - Vinnie gets to stay on past the eleventh minute, although he does Mario for diving! Wanker Foy. Wouldn't pay him with the droppings from GMP mounted police horses!

After some serious exertion mid week I thought we might not play high tempo football...I thought we looked in control for much of the game but lacked the killer pass/cutting edge...Chelsea however defended well and have to take some credit..Aguero had the chance of the game and fluffed his lines...small margins.
1 point better than last year...onwards and upwards Blues.

I have supported City for over 30 years and we havent won many times at Stamford Bridge since i have supported City.I think drawing today was good result today.Mancini got his tactics spot on today.

Anyone who thought that was a bad result just look at this;

Awaygames.jpg

That's our away games against the teams in 6th-14th place last season when we got 8 points from 9 games. This season we've played 5 of those 9 teams and already have 9 points, compared to 4 last season. And that's despite being far from our best. Those 5 extra points could be the difference between winning the league with a couple of games to spare and sweating it out in the 91st minute of the last game.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Stoned Rose said:
Damocles said:

You've misunderstood having more possession for being the better team. Absolutely no way were we the better team than Madrid, and we were pretty even with Chelsea.

No mate I haven't 'misunderstood'. We had more possession and more shots on goal than both Madrid and Chelsea. Chelsea had one shot on target at their own ground.

We were better than both.
Absolutely. We battered Madrid second half and Chelsea had one shot on target. City are not perfect but this is the best team any of us has ever seen....and they have only just started. It's between us and the rags and I know who I am backing!

Thought the Madrid game was pretty even on balance - they were better first half and we were better second half so a draw was a fair result IMO but we weren't outplayed over the 90 minutes.

As for today, we definitely were the better side on balance of play. Only real criticism was our play in the final third and perhaps not working enough openings but for all Chelsea's recent problems their attacking three of Hazard/Mata/Oscar have the potential to destroy teams so to keep them as quiet as we did on their home patch was a very good effort.

I'm not sure how anyone can be too despondent about our overall performance to be honest. Chelsea were playing the best football in the early weeks of the season but there was no sign of that returning today.

Damocles said:

Were you watching the same games mate? Just watch them both again and 'reflect'

Good performance from defence, through midfield with Barry strong but we just lacked that wee break up front and our final ball into the box from wide was not good enough. Kolarov's corner taking produced nothing all match, mostly failing to get it past the first Chelsea defender and it wasn't until Silva took our last one in the 90th minute that we found a City player's head.
It's hard to be critical when you go to Chelsea, force the pace for most of the match and restrict them to piss all chances. Last year we played well there for the first 25 minutes, then fell out of the match and ended up losing.....that never looked likely to happen today so in that respect we are improving.
Edin really needs to make more of his chance when he is starting, he doesn't do enough to make you think he should be starting every week but then again, what sort of service did he get from out wide? I'm not convinced him and Sergio are our best striker combination, in fact it's clear they're not.
City still champions and still unbeaten, could be worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.