Chelsea v City post match discussion

ellibb said:
Damocles said:
Not particularly truthful.

You've misunderstood having more possession for being the better team. Absolutely no way were we the better team than Madrid, and we were pretty even with Chelsea.

Were you watching the same games mate? Just watch them both again and 'reflect'

I thought we were better than chelsea but certainly not better than madrid

We never looked in danger, picked up a point where we didn't last season and to be honest at the start of the weekend we would have epected Utd to beat QPR, prob by more than 3-1 so a bit of a bonus they didn't rack up 5 or 6 and we have come away with a pt we didn't last season and go into the Wigan game still unbeaten and on the back of games v Madrid and Chelsea, could have done better but still happy with that result.

marco said:
i can understand people being disapointed but some posters on here expect the 3 points to be handed out prior to the game they need to wobble their heads a little,i wonder how many of these posters followed the blues to the bottom tier of english football and back 'my guess is non'

Agree with your general point mate, and I think we did pretty well today, but I've got to ask, what was it really like at York away?

to whoever said we`re acting like spoilt girls go and give your head a wobble..

we was playing a team that was there for the taking,the crowd was booing the manager before we even kicked off,the got a £50M striker who couldn`t get in the dog and duck first eleven,add all that together and us as champions should be coming back up the M1 with three points,in my opinion they was there for the taking but we laboured for 90mins and made benitez look like fuckin einstein..

we got a team to match anybody, at the moment chelsea don`t know their arse from their elbow and yes in the grand scheme of the things it`s a good point to take with us but at the moment it`s definately two points dropped...

hilts said:
ellibb said:
Damocles said:
Not particularly truthful.

You've misunderstood having more possession for being the better team. Absolutely no way were we the better team than Madrid, and we were pretty even with Chelsea.

Were you watching the same games mate? Just watch them both again and 'reflect'

I thought we were better than chelsea but certainly not better than madrid

Re: Madrid

Think we would all agree 2nd half was defo city's

Watch the first half again, we took the game to them in the first 9mins, then they scored and could have had another 4-5 in the next 5 minutes, pretty scary stuff.

Mancini then changed to a back 4 (on 15 mins) and the rest of the 1st half was predominantly city.

When was the last time a team dominated like city did against RM in the 2nd half on Wednesday? They were rocking!

People need to realise what a great team and manager we have here because the rest of the
PL have! Yes we're out of the CL, but the 2 aways have cost us qualifying, you can't lead away from home and get beat twice but still expect to qualify. We will learn, and we already are a very, very good team!

Madrid were better in the first half, we were better in the second half.

We edged Chelsea, but didn't do enough to win. Obviously.

In my opinion we were the better team by a mile. We didn't push for the win as we should of however. Yaya is either injured or unfit,its needs sorting. He is a hanger-on in recent games.

Great point but the problem remains,we lack a cutting edge - directness - doesn't matter how many times we do it,you get fuck all for reaching the penalty box......

manimanc said:

we was playing a team that was there for the taking,the crowd was booing the manager before we even kicked off,the got a £50M striker who couldn`t get in the dog and duck first eleven,add all that together and us as champions should be coming back up the M1 with three points,in my opinion they was there for the taking but we laboured for 90mins and made benitez look like fuckin einstein..

we got a team to match anybody, at the moment chelsea don`t know their arse from their elbow and yes in the grand scheme of the things it`s a good point to take with us but at the moment it`s definately two points dropped...

chelsea on there own patch are never there for the taking and imo thats rag arrogance 'not implying your a rag by the way' they are the current champions of europe and have one of the most expensive squads in the word,we have no right to expect to skip back up the m1 with 3points unless its earned

manimanc said:

Appreciate the sentiment but that's bollocks. Us drawing has fuck all to do with making Benitez look like Einstein, we just didn't finish well. Chelski booing their manager before his first game, throwing doubt on their owners judgement after he has given them so much, also has fuck all to do with us drawing.

Maybe starting Mario would have softened the ref by the time that last incident happened? Who knows.

Fact is we had the chances and didn't put them away. But not all bad, we didn't let any in either.

Benitez is certainly not looking like Einstein. He inherited a good set of players who don't like to lose. A draw is not a shameful result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.