Chelsea v City post match discussion

Good point, tough game, chances were at a premium.

Chelsea are no pushovers especially in their back garden but I feel we made them look ordinary today. As the away team, part of the job is taking the sting out of the game and that's exactly what we did. If our final ball was just a touch better we would have won, but I'm happy with the draw.

I'm trying to think of a single good offensive move we had today, and I'm coming up with nothing. I'm sorry but Chelsea were awful today! It's hard to complain with a point at Chelsea usually, but that was just so bland.

We all know Silva can create a goal at anytime, but what's the point of him if we have no one on the field who can facilitate play. Ahem, Samir Nasri. Our passing is never the same without Samir. Honestly, did he like screw Mancini's wife midweek or something? They didn't even have him warming up.

Our general play was very good, bit sloppy later on but fatigue and conditions must have played a part.

In the final third though we continue to be really frustrating (except against wank teams). So many openings and space that should lead to at least a good chance instead sees a misplaced pass, something slipping, or something equally annoying. We need to show a hunger and ruthlessness in the opposition box.

Our forwards let us down IMO, because elsewhere we were good. Kun was poor, Dzeko was poor (super-sub role for him is now fully justified probably), Tevez was average after he came on, Balotelli had no time to do anything except get booked for being shoulder charged.

Zaba my MotM, Silva played well too. We need a companion playmaker for Silva, another source of real creativity and danger, like Isco or someone.

0-0 is a good result on paper but they must be disappointed, Chelsea were disspirited for around 50 minutes, fans in a state of revolt, and we had loads of opportunities to put them to the sword. Again though, better than last year's equivalent result, we just need to do Chelsea at home now.

Re: Chelsea Vs City In Match Discussion Thread

happy with that i suppose, team ok but i can never accept not starting tevez over dzeko, yet yaya off form and kun not quite at it so point at your title rivals will do, about the booking mario was looking for it but he cant be booked of that

Re: Chelsea Vs City In Match Discussion Thread

cookster said:
bobmcfc said:
squirtyflower said:
which is why i think he drew the foul

Anywhere on the pitch that is obstruction and he was giving them all game to that mard arse torres

If he wasn't such a greedy bastard he wouldn't of draw the foul. Milner was in acres on the right.

With so little time left I don't blame him. He got then pen against spurs in the dying seconds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.