Chelsea v City post match thread

Wow overreaction from some

We should have had a penny. We deserved a second goal first half. Sometimes it doesn't happen.

They played well. They got the decisions. They just about managed to win. At home. And they are a very good team.

Relax

The game was set up tonight so somebody would get sent off, yellows flying around left right and centre. No shame in losing to Chelsea away (especially as they are starting to hit form).

We've broken numerous records in our season so far.
We're still 2 points clear with a shit load of GD.
We have taken 7 from 12 pts away at the 'big boys' this season.
We hammered the fucking shite 6-1 at the swamp

CTID.

ID70 said:
Poor refereeing contributed to the result. Clichy's two yellows were correct but Mereiles did 3 poor challenges and only got one yellow. Aguero did a similar challenge to Clichy shortly after and received no card..inconsistent. Blatant penalty on Silva and how that was missed i do not know, if he though he dived he should have booked him. 2 nil up away from home and its a different game.

He'll be back in the football league next week.

Anyway, now played Rags, Chelski, Spuds and Scousers away from home and were still top by 2 points.
He wont. We know what to expect from him

I bet Mancini is more annoyed at the way we lost control of the game. That game was crucial and we threw it away, and let Chelsea back in the title race

Everyone needs to get a fucking grip. We were on the wrong end of a dodgy ref, at a team who were along with ourselfs and the rags rated a decent bet for the title at the beginning of the season. For 35 minutes we were down to 10 men, yet they still had to rely on a penalty to beat us. We created as many if not more chances than they did. The only concern I have is how we abandoned the passing, possesion game that serves us so well. We have now played the spuds, rags, dippers and Chelski away and have 7 out of 12 points, these teams have still to face us at home and we have a chance to restate, our ambition on Sunday. No one said this would be easy, but its better to find out where we need to strengthen before January, that said, the way they celebrated at the end shows how things have changed in a big way. As for SKy and the cowards who work them, whats new.

Re: Wilkins...

schumey04 said:
I have never in my life heard such biased commentary on game. You would swear that Chelsea were playing Barca in the Nou Camp and he was supporting the English team. Absolutely disgusted by Sky ...disgusted.....were do we complain to get this baldy prick off the airways. Makes Neville look good
totally 100% agree

When the blood starting to cool down, I think you will notice that few things happened around the moment we started changing our style of play, one of them being the penalty that was not given for Silva, but I believe, the key moment was when Chelsea players started hitting our players, and the referee did not reacted strong enough so instead of concentrating on our game we started to respond with fouls and long balls and forgot to play our game.
Yaya's gesture was ugly and unsportive, and Mancio should have replace him asap.
On Clichy side there were enough signals that is not working and I was hopping to see the manager acting in time to help him out. Then the red card came...
However I was still hopping for a result until the handball, and now that I am thinking, that guy has lost us few points recently...
The referee was poor, and that influenced the final result of the match.
Come Arsenal, the boss will sort the issues out, I hope. I worry who will play instead Clichy with Kola still out.

Re: Hoofing it

BOBBYISOURLEADER said:
Ric said:
Normally it's Lescott responsible for that, but I thought Vinnie was the main culprit tonight. Gave possession away far too cheaply at times.
Correct, how anyone can say Lescott was the one responsible for giving away posession is beyond me. Kompany hoofed it countless times tonight.
Lescott has been better than Kompany all season!

Palerider said:
Thought it was very similar to Bayern away. Dominated for 25 minutes and then lost discipline/concentration. Having said that I cannot remember Joe Hart making any great saves. The referee was poor but it was a silly sending off and Lescott should know better than to raise his arms. We are not the finished article yet and winning the Premiership will not be easy. The Arsenal game is absolutely massive now. We simply have to win. It will tell us the character of the side but these games are what it is all about. Great, great times.

Fair words.

Last three or four games Silva has been 80% of the player at the start of the season, maybe cos he is being more heavily marked. Dunno, its easy to be wise with hindsight, perhaps Nasri, who has been a little bit more in form IMO, may have suited this game better.

Oh, and Gael, when you are up against a tricky twat like Sturridge, give him a couple of yards, dont sit so tight on him, makes it easy to get past you and gain a yard. Zabba did this after you had walked and I dont remember Sturridge getting past him, he reverted to long crosses or cross field passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.