Chelsea v City post match thread

Re: Is Mancini the right man

marsy was here said:
Is Mancini the right man ?

well is he?

I've been sifting through looking at some shocking posts looking for it..........and here it is ladies and Gentlemen.

The winner by a country mile of the most unbelievably stupid, idiotic down right braindead post competition.

The most shocking thing is I'm not shocked !!.

Why are people talking about the dodgy ref?

There was minimal contact with the Silva penalty shout.

Vinny was lucky to stay on the pitch so out of two very possible sendings off, one wasn't too harsh.

Re: Hoofing it

thomasobDK said:
doomuk said:
Thats what lost us the match tonight. Hoofing it.

For an intricate passing team I dont know why we started hoofing it.

It started from Vinny and spread throughout the team.

But its happened loads. Joe Hart and Given before him are forever hoofing it instead of rolling or passing it out and building from the back.

It must be a tactical thing but I have no idea how this benefits us but Joe's hoofing has happened in so many times that Bobby must have told him to do it....why?

On a plus note Balotelli has matured so much. Was proud of it tonight.

i don't get it. i remember watching barcelona 2 yeas back and i think it was puyol that came under a bit of pressure and just hoofed it, and guardiola immediately came off the bench and started screaming at him. wish mancini would do the same, to stop that nonsense, it makes no sense for a team as good as ours, to go stoke-style.

I get it. It's players lacking in abilty and confidence desperate to get the pressure off and get rid of the ball. Instead of showing a bit of quality and shifting a yard or two into space to find a decent pass. It's utter shite. We might as well just give them the ball straight back.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Hope we fucking piss on Arsenal on sunday.... need a win against one of the big sides. That is both Chelsea and Liverpool we failed to walk away from with 3 points.

Err...rags? 6-1.

Should we be expecting to beat all the big sides away from home?

Lets not get too carried away.

We are still better off than we would have been with a point tonight and a point against the rags, which would have been a pair of decent away results tbf and seen no gnashing of teeth.

I just find how we give away cheap goals so frustrating; Fulham, Liverpool and now Chelsea. In both those latter two games, we seem to take our foot off the gas, and its pretty worrying. Today was an almost carbon copy of Anfield, only with them getting a winner, and very similar to Bayern away. This lack of concentration and defensive discipline could really cost us. Kompany doesn't look the rock he did last season. We bounced back well from Bayern, and from Fulham, and we need to do the same. The Arsenal game is now huge.

Re: Is Mancini the right man

themadinventor said:
marsy was here said:
Is Mancini the right man ?

well is he?

I've been sifting through looking at some shocking posts looking for it..........and here it is ladies and Gentlemen.

The winner by a country mile of the most unbelievably stupid, idiotic down right braindead post competition.

The most shocking thing is I'm not shocked !!.

Those can't be words of a Blue, maybe a Chelsea Blue but not one of ours!

Kingsizeblueslims said:
Not a good result, just one of those nights, but a long way to go. We need to sort out our back line though, can't see Bobby putting up with much more of that. Still top though so let's focus on what's to come and forget what's gone. KEEP CALM & CARRY ON.....CTID.

Agree with you, not a great result but the way Chelsea celebrated the win as a cup final shows how far we have come!

We played Chelsea though, chin up lads lets try and stuff the Arsenal!

To me Clichy was partly to blame. But for fucksake, he was 1v1 with Ramires heading straight at him 100km/h.

If you let someone with Ramires' pace run straight at any defender in front of the box with no help, there will be huge problems. Last season we had Nige to provide protection.

We are way, way too exposed at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.