Chelsea v City post match thread

Re: Is Mancini the right man

BlueRiz said:
themadinventor said:
marsy was here said:
Is Mancini the right man ?

well is he?

I've been sifting through looking at some shocking posts looking for it..........and here it is ladies and Gentlemen.

The winner by a country mile of the most unbelievably stupid, idiotic down right braindead post competition.

The most shocking thing is I'm not shocked !!.

Those can't be words of a Blue, maybe a Chelsea Blue but not one of ours!

Why ??, you dont seriously have any doubts about Mancini ??

Blue Haze said:
To me Clichy was partly to blame. But for fucksake, he was 1v1 with Ramires heading straight at him 100km/h.

If you let someone with Ramires' pace run straight at any defender in front of the box with no help, there will be huge problems. Last season we had Nige to provide protection.

We are way, way too exposed at the back.

yeah cos we've suffered all season with this

we might have won a few games otherwise

Re: Hoofing it

dctid said:
doomuk said:
Thats what lost us the match tonight. Hoofing it.

For an intricate passing team I dont know why we started hoofing it.

It started from Vinny and spread throughout the team.

But its happened loads. Joe Hart and Given before him are forever hoofing it instead of rolling or passing it out and building from the back.

It must be a tactical thing but I have no idea how this benefits us but Joe's hoofing has happened in so many times that Bobby must have told him to do it....why?

On a plus note Balotelli has matured so much. Was proud of it tonight.

No first 25 Chelski played a high line and we passed around them - they then dropped deep and compacted the space and we could pass around them so we then started punting the ball - this has happened a few times this season

Theres no excuse for the hoofing. Vinny started it but Joe does it every game. It clearly just loses us possession and yet we continue with it. Were better than that.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
salfordblues said:
Why are people talking about the dodgy ref?

There was minimal contact with the Silva penalty shout.

Vinny was lucky to stay on the pitch so out of two very possible sendings off, one wasn't too harsh.

You watched a different game mate it was a penalty

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
salfordblues said:
Why are people talking about the dodgy ref?

There was minimal contact with the Silva penalty shout.

Vinny was lucky to stay on the pitch so out of two very possible sendings off, one wasn't too harsh.

Minimal contact is enough... we see them given every game, had Bosingwa not stuck his leg out that high Silva could well just take a swing at it and there is a good chance it will end up in the net.

However, we really do need to take a reality check if we think we can rely on referees to make the correct decisions... we had a number of chances wasted in the first 20 mins, most noteably the one being Agueros where he took a shot at the near post instead of just putting it into the far corner.
I agree, we threw it away ourselves, and our anger should be reserved for Arsenal and anyone else who faces us. We'll come back stronger. That's what the best teams do. Maybe we will get beat off Arsenal too. Nothing is guaranteed, but we will learn

well this would eventually happen anyway. it's the same mistakes from almost every game.
city concedes stupid goals, but in this scenario fails to score the usual 3-4.
it looked more than wonderful for approximately 30 minutes, but the team then just suddenly stopped every initiative and let chelsea take the wheel. it's a mentality issue entirely, because chelsea didn't look well at all. the early goal must have given the team unrealistic optimism on the outcome of the game and they just let it slip. it's shamefully easily given up game and mancini was constantly yelling at the players and giving them directions with a damn good reason.
concerning clichy's red card, you can blame the referee, but in reality, clichy was acting careless, just like the rest of the defensive line. he probably forgot he already had a yellow.
whatever, the first loss would eventually come. it came sooner than necessary but the team must take the best from this defeat; learn and overcome the mistakes and focus on future matches. it's all part of the process of becoming a champion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.