Chelsea v City post match thread

blueste41 said:
Took us being down to 10 men for 30 odd minutes and a penalty to beat us.

Yup! Chelsea have got nothing to be happy about if that's what it takes to beat us!

Re: Is Mancini the right man

themadinventor said:
BlueRiz said:
themadinventor said:
I've been sifting through looking at some shocking posts looking for it..........and here it is ladies and Gentlemen.

The winner by a country mile of the most unbelievably stupid, idiotic down right braindead post competition.

The most shocking thing is I'm not shocked !!.

Those can't be words of a Blue, maybe a Chelsea Blue but not one of ours!

Why ??, you dont seriously have any doubts about Mancini ??

No, not a single one!

Thought we were Barcaresque for about 30 minutes, and died there after.

Thought Yaya was at fault for the first goal, as he lazyily let Meireles glide past him.
Thought Barry was poorer than usual. Lots of his pings got caught in the wind to nowhere.
Silva was subdued, and Milner's crosses were not quie up to par.
Clichy was Arsenalesque, Kompany was mistake prone, Lescott wile good in the tackle was terrible as an outlet when in possession. ANd Zaba didn't afford as much threat as Richards on the wing. Even though he might have been the best player on the park for us.

Both Balotelli and Aguero were pretty good too, but had fewer contributions after the first 30 minutes.

I think after the red, I would have pulled Balotelli for Nasri, and Yaya for De Jong. Would have kept Milner at RB, and Perhaps brought in Dzeko for Aguero to finish off.

Pigeonho said:
lee-mcfc said:
after 25mins we went back in the changing rooms
Spot on. Chelsea fan on TS right now has it bang on. 'Man City thought they had won at 1-0 and didn't capitalize on that lead'. That is exactly what happened. Stupid by us that, we should have fucking hammered them and hammered them, football wise I mean, instead of taking the foot off the gas.
He is right, i thought ok 1-0 we have more of the ball now try get another 1 but nope we gave away all possession, lost out on 50/50 and just let chelsea play, meh

am just glad we'v got the hard away fixtures out the way

Blue Haze said:
To me Clichy was partly to blame. But for fucksake, he was 1v1 with Ramires heading straight at him 100km/h.

If you let someone with Ramires' pace run straight at any defender in front of the box with no help, there will be huge problems. Last season we had Nige to provide protection.

We are way, way too exposed at the back.

This always comes out if we don't get the result we want and Nige hasn't played. If you look back to games we've won, for example Villareal away, Nige played in that and was dire and stopped our attacking flow then people come on here saying Nige is too slow, passes sideways, why change whats worked well etc.

If we had played last years system tonight and not won then it would be "why revert back to type" and "negative system cost us the game" etc.

We've got to where we are playing without Nige and we've been brilliant (probably at out best in the first 20 tonight) so there is no problem sticking with it. Micah was a miss tonight I thought even though Zaba was one of our better players. We just need to move on a hopefully smash Arsenal next week, it will be a very tough game because if we don't win the pressure will be piled on us by the media (if it isnt already after tonight).

This title race was never going to be easy.

Thought we were better overall in this game than we were against Liverpool.

That's how it goes sometimes.

We were not much in terms of an attacking threat after twenty odd minutes but neither were Chelsea.

If that's the best Chelsea can do then we have little to worry about from them.

Manure , Arsenal and Spurs are our main threats this season.

A poor ref cost us points today.

Very disappointed, mainly because I don't think Chelsea deserved the win.

A few observations. The conditions really didn't help us. As the game wore on Silva didn't seem to fancy it at all. He shirked out of a couple of challenges, which to be honest, I don't particularly mind, because you can pick up nasty injuries on nights like tonight, but still it limited his impact. The Clichy red card was coming. I half expected Mancini to bring Kolo on just before it finally came. I thought Balo struggled after Chelsea dropped deep and I'd like to have seen Edin a little earlier. Barry was excellent.

Awful officiating. We should've been 2-0 up, and from that I don't think Chelsea would've recovered.

It feels as though Balo can't do anything correct in the eyes of the ref. he gets like 1 in every 10 fouls against him. Yet is penalized for clean tackling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.