Chelsea v City post match thread

lee-mcfc said:
after 25mins we went back in the changing rooms
Spot on. Chelsea fan on TS right now has it bang on. 'Man City thought they had won at 1-0 and didn't capitalize on that lead'. That is exactly what happened. Stupid by us that, we should have fucking hammered them and hammered them, football wise I mean, instead of taking the foot off the gas.

we lost 2-1 against a rejuvenated chelsea, with a pen that wasnt given that would of made it 0-2. man sent off and yaya not covering himself with glory.

role with it, move on and sing longer and louder against arsenal

Proud of the team, we played the best football I think I've ever seen from a City side for 25 minutes, Chelsea should have been dead and buried, and should have been down to 10, and also 0-2 (penalty), but they battled back, then it was a bit of a dog fight. We came out second best JUST, but I was delighted with how we continued to play our game, how we battled. Watching Chelsea celebrate (fans and players) like they'd won the league has made me even more positive. We won't lose many, we'll still win this league.

Downside, yet another poor goal given away, we must stop these soon, and some silly un-necessary fouls, but we're a tough team these days, if someone wants to get physical, let them, and don't think we'll go into hiding.

Joe - 6 not much to do really
Gael - 6 would have been 7 but for the silly fouls
Joleon - 7 unlucky with the penalty
Vinny - 6 also some silly fouls
Zaba - 8 worked tirelessly wherever he was asked
Jimmy - 8 my motm overall
Gaz B- 7
David - 6 some good touches, but not at his best
Yaya - 6 (9 first 25 minutes, 5 next 45 minutes, 7 - last 20 minutes)
Mario - 8 worked damned hard, great movement for the goal, kept his lid on (I hope)
Sergio - 7 great pass for the goal, worked hard, still not on top form

Balotelli, Barry and Zabaleta were all superb.

Yaya, Clichy and Lescott were all poor.

Should have killed them off in the 1st 20-25 mins, started too struggle to get in behind when they dropped off us.

Again conceded stupid goals.

An unpopular decision on Bluemoon now but Chelsea would have not had all that space in the middle with De Jong playing.

It's great when we attack but one errant flick and suddenly...

... ^ the gap in the midfield is like that. We'd won 75% of games against Chelsea going into tonight with De Jong playing and a match like this with midfielders like Ramires and Mata needs a lot of closing down. It is all hindsight though as no one could have guessed that Yaya would have been so poor today.

Chippy_boy said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
bobmcfc said:
We have to take the bad with the good. Lescott is good enough so is clichy so is yaya and silva. Stop with the knee jerk shit, it was just a bad day at the office.
Well said bob

It's not really knee jerk though mate.

It's just that when we win, you can look at the shite bits and not get too bothered about it.

But realistically, when was the last time you found yourself saying how good Zabba was going forward? Or how good Lescott has been with his distribution? I could go on.

There are some glaring inadequacies in our side that are there week in, week out. We usually get away with it, so it usually doesn't matter. But these things are the difference between winning the league and not. Or being in the CL knock stages or not.

Nobody's perfect are they ? We play honest, attractive passing football and we do it well. We will never get it spot on 100% of the time because we are still learning. It fucking grates to see how hard we work and how well we play but to only be 2 points ahead of our turgid neighbours with their ugly football. and i'd rather be in our position that in chelseas.

what we have to do is win as a team and loses as one too, the lads will know what they did wrong and will get a kick up the arse from it. We can't lose focus and start playin the blame game. every single player in our squad is important and they all have individual strengths. when they fuck up it's our job to pick them up and support them.

Arsenal next, this game is over !

Re: Is Mancini the right man

themadinventor said:
BlueRiz said:
themadinventor said:
I've been sifting through looking at some shocking posts looking for it..........and here it is ladies and Gentlemen.

The winner by a country mile of the most unbelievably stupid, idiotic down right braindead post competition.

The most shocking thing is I'm not shocked !!.

Those can't be words of a Blue, maybe a Chelsea Blue but not one of ours!

Why ??, you dont seriously have any doubts about Mancini ??

nope ... :)

Doom and Gloom Merchants have come out. I would be more concerned if we had got a complete battering tonight, i think there first shot on target in the second half was the penalty. If someone said after 15 games we would be top and had lost only 1 game i would of snapped your hand off.

After tonight we have one away game against the so called big sides, they have got to come to us in the new year.
I would much rather be in our position than any other team.
United have to visit us,Spurs,Chelsea & the gunners and really have to win these games
If we are in the top 2 by the turn of the year i think we have a fantastic chance

We have not become a poor team over night, if we continue the home form like united did last season by not dropping points,we have 12 games at home with an excellent chance of picking up max points and 11 away and i would say our most difficult away games will be Arsenal, Everton & Stoke.We could easily get max points from at least 7 away games (21points) from the 11 games left and could expect at least 30 points from the remaining home games.

United won the league with 80 points last year, were on 38pts after 15 games and i would hope we could get somewhere near the above 51 points giving us 89 points plus a great goal difference.

If another team gets 90 points then they deserve the league

Lets back our team instead of turning on them like you get on Sad Cafe and RAWK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.