Chelsea v City post match thread

We'll learn.
And if we don't then we don't deserve the Prem title.
Sometimes it is that simple.

Pigeonho said:
lee-mcfc said:
after 25mins we went back in the changing rooms
Spot on. Chelsea fan on TS right now has it bang on. 'Man City thought they had won at 1-0 and didn't capitalize on that lead'. That is exactly what happened. Stupid by us that, we should have fucking hammered them and hammered them, football wise I mean, instead of taking the foot off the gas.
We didn't take the foot off the gas, Chelsea completely changed the way they were playing as they were getting battered, they had to, they were way to open in the first 25 minutes, they went very defensive, and but for another poor defencive from us goal we were still bossing the game. Once Clichy had gone it was always going to be tough, but even then they needed a penalty, a lucky one, though it was a penalty, to beat us.

BillyShears said:
Very disappointed, mainly because I don't think Chelsea deserved the win.

A few things observations. The conditions really didn't help us. As the game wore on Silva didn't seem to fancy it at all. He shirked out of a couple of challenges, which to be honest, I don't particularly mind, because you can pick up nasty injuries on nights like tonight, but still it limited his impact. The Clichy red card was coming. I half expected Mancini to bring Kolo on just before it finally came. I thought Balo struggled after Chelsea dropped deep and I'd like to have seen Edin a little earlier. Barry was excellent.

Awful officiating. We should've been 2-0 up, and from that I don't think Chelsea would've recovered.
One of the few sensible comments

Trying to be positive for a moment, some of our play in the first 25 was totally sublime.

That's probably why losing is so fuvking annoying. We threw that game.

cleavers said:
Proud of the team, we played the best football I think I've ever seen from a City side for 25 minutes, Chelsea should have been dead and buried, and should have been down to 10, and also 0-2 (penalty), but they battled back, then it was a bit of a dog fight. We came out second best JUST, but I was delighted with how we continued to play our game, how we battled. Watching Chelsea celebrate (fans and players) like they'd won the league has made me even more positive. We won't lose many, we'll still win this league.

Downside, yet another poor goal given away, we must stop these soon, and some silly un-necessary fouls, but we're a tough team these days, if someone wants to get physical, let them, and don't think we'll go into hiding.

Joe - 6 not much to do really
Gael - 6 would have been 7 but for the silly fouls
Joleon - 7 unlucky with the penalty
Vinny - 6 also some silly fouls
Zaba - 8 worked tirelessly wherever he was asked
Jimmy - 8 my motm overall
Gaz B- 7
David - 6 some good touches, but not at his best
Yaya - 6 (9 first 25 minutes, 5 next 45 minutes, 7 - last 20 minutes)
Mario - 8 worked damned hard, great movement for the goal, kept his lid on (I hope)
Sergio - 7 great pass for the goal, worked hard, still not on top form

^^^^^ This times ten!!! Get a Grip!

That is the best football I think I have ever seen in the first 20 minutes! Why anyone can find anything to moan about is beyond me???

We will win the league playing like that - Happy Days!

You were stunning at the beginning..
It was a stonewall penalty. Balotelli was amazing.
It did take 10 men & a penalty for us to beat you, we're just finding form again.

Great match. Glad Sturridge got 2 assists & played a part in getting Clichy sent off.
Ashley Cole says he's the best he's played against, Richards said the same, he's really difficult to defend against.

I think Yaya Toure was so uncharacteristically petulant today, it's not like him.

BillyShears said:

A few observations. The conditions really didn't help us. As the game wore on Silva didn't seem to fancy it at all. He shirked out of a couple of challenges, which to be honest, I don't particularly mind, because you can pick up nasty injuries on nights like tonight, but still it limited his impact. The Clichy red card was coming. I half expected Mancini to bring Kolo on just before it finally came. I thought Balo struggled after Chelsea dropped deep and I'd like to have seen Edin a little earlier. Barry was excellent.

Awful officiating. We should've been 2-0 up, and from that I don't think Chelsea would've recovered.
All of the above, I'm disappointed too, but very proud of the team to be honest, we'll learn from it, and improve further.

There's just something about very early goals... they seem to soften up the scoring team. I've seen it again and again, also for Real this weekend. The psychological pick-me-up of scoring after 30 min. of fighting is a completely different beast.

Anyway, bad day at the office. Yaya will need to sort something out, his mind seems to be elsewhere. But the team lost today, not just single players. We have to learn from this lesson too, and grow even stronger as a result. Our chief problem is defensive insecurity, something we have been able to hide behind brilliant attacking football for most of the season. On the bright side - Zaba was better today than for quite a while.

Cheers and good night. We'll crush Arsenal next!

BillyShears said:

A few things observations. The conditions really didn't help us. As the game wore on Silva didn't seem to fancy it at all. He shirked out of a couple of challenges, which to be honest, I don't particularly mind, because you can pick up nasty injuries on nights like tonight, but still it limited his impact. The Clichy red card was coming. I half expected Mancini to bring Kolo on just before it finally came. I thought Balo struggled after Chelsea dropped deep and I'd like to have seen Edin a little earlier. Barry was excellent.

They would have had to change their game plan in anycase.

They can be thankful for a biased ref tonight and you hope that they get the wrong end of the stick themselves before the season is out.

I have been far more impressed by Spurs this season and have little doubt they will finish ahead of Chelsea this season but hopefully below us.

reality check, we lost 2-1 to a top three side away from home with ten men for
half an hour, the winner coming from the penalty spot. having a stonewall penalty turned down. not the end of the world, onwards and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.