Chelsea v City post match thread

Cant believe Clichy isnt catching more shit, if it was Kolarov who was sent off, 90% of bluemoon would be saying off in January

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Cant believe Clichy isnt catching more shit, if it was Kolarov who was sent off, 90% of bluemoon would be saying off in January

I'm fine with it. Clichy was late and it was a deserved second yellow. But what i'm not fine with is meireles's challenge. Its just double standards and its shit. Clichy has been arguably one of our best players this year.

I don't blame clichy for the first goal either, he was expecting sturridge (one foot wonder) to cut back inside to use his left foot but got caught out because sturridge crossed with his right and so found an unmarked Mohican haired ****.

An unlucky 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge is all that I was expecting, so my feelings towards Mancini and the players have not changed. What did surprise me a little was Clichy getting sent off, but I guess that was partly due to the quality of the opposition. He will now be kicking himself for missing out on the visit of Arsenal. For that game, Kolo Toure and Sami Nasri should be definite starters. We have a good track record against the Gooners and even a really cautious individual like myself predicts a City victory.

lionheart said:
An unlucky 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge is all that I was expecting, so my feelings towards Mancini and the players have not changed. What did surprise me a little was Clichy getting sent off, but I guess that was partly due to the quality of the opposition. He will now be kicking himself for missing out on the visit of Arsenal. For that game, Kolo Toure and Sami Nasri should be definite starters. We have a good track record against the Gooners and even a really cautious individual like myself predicts a City victory.

I tend to look at things on a year to year basis vis a vis the corresponding game last year.

Away wins to Spurs , Manure and a point at Liverpool where as last season we got a lucky point from those three games.

Even this performance against Chelsea albeit a loss was an improvement on last season.

Last season Chelsea would have gone for the jugular in the last 12 minutes.

This time around they hogged possession in non threatening areas even when we giving the ball away with sloppy passing in dangerous areas.

Anything we get from Sunday will be an improvement on last season.

The key to our season will be avoiding giving up 2 goal leads as we did at Fulham against sides of Fulham's ilk.

We were only beat by the ref IMO. Should've been 0 - 2 up (with pen). That's what happens sometimes though, just have to take it on the chin, not everyone gets to play 10 men then gets ropey penalties.

Daniel had no problems giving Clichy trouble every time he had the ball on that flank. Wasn't Clichy's best game for us, but he's been consistent this season.

Train said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:

I'm fine with it. Clichy was late and it was a deserved second yellow. But what i'm not fine with is meireles's challenge. Its just double standards and its shit. Clichy has been arguably one of our best players this year.

I don't blame clichy for the first goal either, he was expecting sturridge (one foot wonder) to cut back inside to use his left foot but got caught out because sturridge crossed with his right and so found an unmarked Mohican haired ****.

Haha.. Having watched loads of Sturridge even from his City reserve/youth days, he does so many critical things with his right foot, score, assist.
If you look at a vid, you would be shocked. I think this whole (one foot) thing is going to be sooo useful to him!

Train said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:

I'm not one to blame individuals for the teams performance but that cross field ball should never have reached Sturridge, and if he (Clichy) isn't going to intercept the pass then he should've been much, much tighter on Sturridge and not let him control the ball in the first place.

I think we could be about to implode frankly. I am still seething at the way we let a fookin piss poor and scared shitless bunch of chavs take the points. We bottled it. One up we should have kept our foot on their necks and twisted the final mortal blow. We didn´t. Kun´s woeful finishing saw to that coupled with an incompetent ref but you expect that with Cuntenburg.That says we aren´t good enough - yet. Too many players had off days and Clichy committed suicide. A gooner warned us he was an accident waiting to happen.
I think we can forget the league as I believe we´ll be ten points off the pace by the end of Jan. Can see another half dozen defeats from now until then. I am also worried now that top 4 will evaporate.
Defensively we have lost it. Arsenal look a more solid outfit than us atm and I can see them turning us over on Sun

Mancini has a hell of a job on now this next 6 or 7 weeks. The pressure´s on and now Sky et al are smelling blood and baying for the rest to get stuck into us.
And no it´s not knee- jerk - I haven´t fookin slept I´m still that angry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.