Chelsea v City Post Match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
I thought city were magnificent today and deserved all three points. We are not going to keep giving stupid goals away. It will stop and when it does we will be unstoppable.

I still think we are going to win this league. We were miles better than Chelsea.

But boy, that defeat hurt. Really hurt because it was stupid and unjust.
Can't agree. our defence is a joke and the first half proved that again today

Yes In the second half we were better than them, deserved the draw and could have won but we will not win the league
with that defence, and that includes our error prone undroppable goalkeeper.

Collectively I believe we lack the ability as a team to see out a game. In the last minutes we are unable to hold onto a draw or a winning position. We give away possession,we do not run down the clock, we do not play the ball into 'safe' areas, we give away silly free kicks and we invite the opposition onto us. This was true under Mancini ( Real Madrid and Rags at home being the best examples) and has continued under Pellegrini. Against Moscow with two minutes of extra time left we gave away a dangerous free kick and then when it was cleared and we breathed a collective sigh of relief we still managed to contrive to set them up with a chance In the final seconds. If you can bear it watch the build up to that Chelsea goal and see how we cheaply gave away possession before Joe's cou de grace.

Considering we had a defensive unit that has next to zero cohesion and we are lacking our talisman,i thought we played well.
The team shape was right and our tactics were spot on,we deserved at least a share,individual mistakes through poor communication have cost us.

Had Komps been out there we would have taken the points without a great deal of fuss.

A top class centre half is essential,it has been for a while......

I still feel quite angry. For 90 minutes we played very well. Certain players stood out, like Aguero and Demichellis. Even Garcia played his role quite well. To be let down by Hart again when he has been at fault for so many goals already this season, is a real punch in the gut. He has completely fucked over his team mates today, who didn't deserve to lose. Clichy just can't cope either, everything Chelsea did came from his flank today, Zabaleta had Hazard in his back pocket.

I could forgive Villa, they won the lottery that day. But today, I just feel really fucking angry. There needs to be a watershed moment where certain players stand up and be counted. The league is here for the taking again yet we are not showing the mental fortitude to take it.

@BluePhil8 said:
I still feel quite angry. For 90 minutes we played very well. Certain players stood out, like Aguero and Demichellis. Even Garcia played his role quite well. To be let down by Hart again when he has been at fault for so many goals already this season, is a real punch in the gut. He has completely fucked over his team mates today, who didn't deserve to lose. Clichy just can't cope either, everything Chelsea did came from his flank today, Zabaleta had Hazard in his back pocket.

I could forgive Villa, they won the lottery that day. But today, I just feel really fucking angry. There needs to be a watershed moment where certain players stand up and be counted. The league is here for the taking again yet we are not showing the mental fortitude to take it.
Post of the day.

Well said mate.

Cahill missed a sitter in the first five minutes , Torres then fluffed a sitter when it was easier to score , before later-on setting up Schurrle for a tap-in , Torres then hit the bar .
We never used to give this many clear-cut chances away and are too busy looking for offsides instead of defending .

Having rode our luck we played better second and weaved a few pretty patterns without ever creating clear-cut chances .

The Flash said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Post of the day.

Well said mate.

True. I also feel for Pellegrini who is doing a good job - of course he fucked up vs Bayern, but he is learning - but his efforts are spoiled by players invidual mistakes. Come end of the season, he will be blamed for a spurious tittle challenge and mass of redicilously dropped points vs teams that we should never loose to and there will be calls to sack him, and it is a shame, as things that are happening now are not his fault in my opinion. However, what is going on is a great test whether he is a good, decent manager or a magnificent one, how he will cope with that and what measures he will imply to fix the situation will show.

der-bomber said:
Cahill missed a sitter in the first five minutes , Torres then fluffed a sitter when it was easier to score , before later-on setting up Schurrle for a tap-in , Torres then hit the bar .
We never used to give this many clear-cut chances away and are too busy looking for offsides instead of defending .

Having rode our luck we played better second and weaved a few pretty patterns without ever creating clear-cut chances .

Agree. We could have been 3-0 down by halftime

The Flash said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Post of the day.

Well said mate.

Is it bollocks the post of the day.

Here are four things Nastasic did wrong.

1. In that situation, with the game at 1-1 away at the team who are most likely to be our biggest rivals for the league, he should have put the ball in Row Z. No excuses. Don't take chances.

2. When all is said and done, it was Nastasic's header that allowed Torres to score. He headed the ball over Joe Hart. Not the other way round. Whether Hart should have come off his line is a separate issue. He did, The situation was that his goalkeeper was rushing towards him and he didn't deal with that situation properly.

3. It is a cardinal rule of defensive play that if you are playing the ball towards your own dead ball line you make sure you are not playing it away from the goal. In that situation even if Hart had been on his line Nastasic should have headed the ball well away from the goal to avoid the possibility of an own goal. He didn't. The ball would not have gone into the net without Torres finish, but Nastasic should have headed the ball wide enough so that even if Hart was out of position Torres would have been at too wide an angle to score. The direction of his header made it possible for Torres to score.

4. Presumably Hart gave the call and wasn't heard. There was a free kick earlier in the half where he had to bang on the post to be heard because the wall was two has out of position. So if Nastasic was expecting a call and didn't get it, given that he obviously didnt know where Hart was he should have not taken any chances and put it in Row Z. See point 1.

Of course, i am not saying all this to slate Nastasic. The reality is that his errors compounded Hart's error in rushing off his line, and Hart's error in rushing off his line compounded Nastasic's errors. Both players were at fault, not just one. Though you wouldn't think so reading some of the's tripe post in this thread.

The reality is that Chelsea are an exceptionally good side and today we were still (away from home) the better team for about 70 minutes. We lost to a last minute crazy fuck up after a game in which the referee had at times made it 12 v 11. Of course it hurts, of course blues are lashing out, but can we please get a grip.

And let's remember the last time we lost to Chelsea we went on to win the league.

Why don't we shoot as well instead of trying to pass into the fucking net, the wind was there to be used to our advantage at least in one of the halves yet Silva constantly tries to pass it through a needle into the box, it was so crowded have a pop, it could deflect or anything but at least try (not just Silva but all the team)

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Kind of fitting that the cock up at the end was between 2 players who have been performing well below par this season, you can say that the manager can't be blamed for us losing a daft goal like that however he has persisted playing those 2 guys, part of our crucial defence, who have been poor for weeks. I feel for Nastasic, too much has been heaped on him defensively of late and he's not been able to handle it.
In many respects its unbelievable the way this league season is playing out, we've been bloody excellent in so many games...Villa away and now Chelsea away yet cock ups have cost us dear. I sometimes feel we are the best team in the league by a country mile yet bloody good teams don't throw away the amount of points we have repeatedly done so far this season. And poor Joe has been at the centre of so many balls ups, ironically he stays on his line at Cardiff and that costs us, he stays on his line this afternoon and watches a cross land at the feet of Schurle and then a minute into injury, ironically he comes charging off his line when there was no need for it....you couldn't make it up.
Luckily, the teams above us will soon start meeting each other and a lot of points will be dropped by them which gives us the chance to catch up. I'd expect, or should that be "hope", for us to be within 3 points of the lead going into next year and that should leave us nicely placed.
Kun as great again today, Garcia did fine, Clichy has been poor for weeks as well, Silva needs to learn how to take a corner, the new guy at the back had a decent game and I can see him and VK being our central pairing going forward. Fernandinho was immense today, Navas looks lightweight to me, Ya Ya appeared to tire near the end and should have been replaced.
I feel absolutely sick right now to be frank...like I did after the defeats at Cardiff and Villa as well, it's becoming a bit too regular.

That's the biggest load of shit I've ever read

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.