Chelsea V Liverpool.

Re: Retro Ban For Costa's Stamps?

Rammy Blue said:
George Hannah said:
We need to highlight this transgression, BBC & Sky would be foaming if it were us.

Get on it George, get emailing all your brethren.
we're all brothers under the skin, even under the dingleberry bush;-)
JoeMercer'sWay said:
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZFvRhIAAAzbc-.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZMVjOIUAEps1X.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZMFm0IAAI1GYe.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZMoEnIgAEPBcZ.jpg:large[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZL9d5IAAAQJkq.jpg:large[/bigimg]

Which unprescient mod merged this topic anyway?

I feel a bit sorry for Oliver. This was a horrific game to referee. Both teams have built their game around winning penalties and free kicks around the box. Chelsea are the worst English team for cheating, diving, stamping, arguing, intimidating, pulling, pushing and gouging and Liverpool aren't far behind. Given Rodgers' past association with Mourinho that is hardly surprising.

It would be good for football if this behaviour backfired on the teams involved but I'm not holding my breath !

Wreckless Alec said:
I feel a bit sorry for Oliver. This was a horrific game to referee. Both teams have built their game around winning penalties and free kicks around the box. Chelsea are the worst English team for cheating, diving, stamping, arguing, intimidating, pulling, pushing and gouging and Liverpool aren't far behind. Given Rodgers' past association with Mourinho that is hardly surprising.

It would be good for football if this behaviour backfired on the teams involved but I'm not holding my breath !

If Oliver grew some balls, unfortunately we've seen over the last few months or so he's got a fanny, he'd have acted early on in the game and got a grip. Instead he shit out again even ignoring the lack of action with the Costa incidents, Lucas & Henderson there were periods in the game where the dippers decided to do the diving thing whenever they chose as Chelsea had been doing it all night with no action from Oliver.

Since when has waving play on for a blatant dive and not booking the culprit once the ball has gone dead become the norm?

According to SKY the retro process for the League Cup differs from the League. Apparently the FA will contact Oliver this morning and ask him if he saw the incidents at the time. If not they will ask him to look again and ask if he would have given a red card if he had seen them. If so Costa will get a three game ban effective immediately and the opportunity to appeal before Saturday. If Oliver would have given a yellow then nothing happens. The difference is there is no 3 man panel, Oliver is the only one who can get him banned.

blue b4 the moon said:
Wreckless Alec said:

If Oliver grew some balls, unfortunately we've seen over the last few months or so he's got a fanny, he'd have acted early on in the game and got a grip. Instead he shit out again even ignoring the lack of action with the Costa incidents, Lucas & Henderson there were periods in the game where the dippers decided to do the diving thing whenever they chose as Chelsea had been doing it all night with no action from Oliver.

Since when has waving play on for a blatant dive and not booking the culprit once the ball has gone dead become the norm?

I know it's a cliché but it's true, nonetheless, that a referee has a split second to make a decision that is going to be analysed to death in slo mo. Diving is such a hard one to call I blame the players and managers rather than the ref.

Wreckless Alec said:

Oddly enough i thought the game was great.
It's obvious that the refs have been instructed to let a lot of things go that they would normally pull someone up for in the prem league, and it makes for a feisty battle that's great to watch. We get to see proper tackles, shoulder charges, individual duels, passion and bottle.

I agree that Chelsea can be a horrible side to watch when carrying out the instructions of their manager about breaking up play and stifling the opposition, but when the opposition are allowed to give it them back then i'd say that's fair enough to let both sides slug it out.

city saint said:
ha ha just heard Maureen saying both stamps were accidental.worried I suspect

And he also inserted 'absolutely', too.

Costa is a snidy, sneaky little shit. He knows exactly what he's doing and doesn't give a fart where he places his feet. It's all played out in the most natural way that might appear to the naive and innocent that it is an 'accident'. There's only one response for CFC, Costa and The Sardine - bollocks!

When you consider what we've had in terms of retrospectives, it'll be interesting to see how craven the FArce are in this instance.

Shouldn't be long before he snaps someones leg or ankle. Accidentally, of course!

Off SSN

Under Premier League rules an independent three-man panel assesses video replays before deciding on any action, but League Cup regulations are different and the final decision is the referee's.

That means Oliver would be asked to assess the incident retrospectively. If in his judgement Costa was guilty of a straight red-card offence the player would automatically be banned for league games against City, Aston Villa and Everton.

Costa would have until 6pm the following day to contest the decision, and a hearing would then be fast-tracked. Whatever the outcome, there would be a resolution before the City game.

crimsonblue said:
Questy said:
kinkysdribble said:
If Costa was to get a retrospective ban Chelsea would just appeal last minute allowing him toplay on Saturday, and risk increasing his ban for a frivolous appeal!

No he wouldnt, the appeal would take place before saturday and thus stands, if found guilty he gets a 3 match ban with immediate effect

It is Wednesday now. No chance the appeal is before Saturday IMO

Fast Tracked for this, 100% Guaranteed that if Oliver looks at the evidence and says it is a Red Card offence, he will get a 3 match ban, Chelsea then have until 6pm (Weds or Thurs) to appeal where by it gets fast tracked, whatever is then decided will take effect from Saturday onwards, so if the games not bent you can be certain Costa wont be playing on Saturday against us

Questy said:
crimsonblue said:
Questy said:
No he wouldnt, the appeal would take place before saturday and thus stands, if found guilty he gets a 3 match ban with immediate effect

It is Wednesday now. No chance the appeal is before Saturday IMO

Fast Tracked for this, 100% Guaranteed that if Oliver looks at the evidence and says it is a Red Card offence, he will get a 3 match ban, Chelsea then have until 6pm (Weds or Thurs) to appeal where by it gets fast tracked, whatever is then decided will take effect from Saturday onwards, so if the games not bent you can be certain Costa wont be playing on Saturday against us
I'll be amazed if Mo appeals this. The evidence is there for all to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.