Christian Benteke

Re: Benteke

kp789 said:
He is a very good player, but I would prefer Cavani or Falcao on the basis that they are 'proven' in the champions league and can deliver at the top level
Benteke would be bought as back up to the above standard,not instead of..... I don't think anyone believes he would be the main man.

We could probably get Burak Yilmaz for similar price to Benteke and he'd score goals for fun with half decent service, plus would suit our style more. If Benteke doesn't get the ball to his head or chest he isn't that good and can't really pass (24th highest pass completion rate at Villa or to put it another way the 3rd worst of all outfield players who have played). Let Guidetti develop as our powerhouse young striker, it's not like this type of striker is optimal to the brand of football we'll be playing anyway, and Guidetti is more in tune with a technical brand of football and linked up well with players like Clasie at Feyenoord. If anything we're going to move closer to Barca style it sounds like so if we need these strong strikers they need to be more technically proficient. Benteke would be another square peg in round hole signing, we already have too many of these that are part cause of our unbalanced squad.

we don't know what kind of peg and holes we'll have and need until after the season is over. 50/50 the manager's gone and a new one surely will have a completely different style.

Either way, he's not good enough for a PL winning side.

LoveCity said:
We could probably get Burak Yilmaz for similar price to Benteke and he'd score goals for fun with half decent service, plus would suit our style more. If Benteke doesn't get the ball to his head or chest he isn't that good and can't really pass (24th highest pass completion rate at Villa or to put it another way the 3rd worst of all outfield players who have played). Let Guidetti develop as our powerhouse young striker, it's not like this type of striker is optimal to the brand of football we'll be playing anyway, and Guidetti is more in tune with a technical brand of football and linked up well with players like Clasie at Feyenoord. If anything we're going to move closer to Barca style it sounds like so if we need these strong strikers they need to be more technically proficient. Benteke would be another square peg in round hole signing, we already have too many of these that are part cause of our unbalanced squad.

Yilmaz, CL pedigree, however Galatasaray have money evidently to afford Sneijder and Drogba and are CL quarter-finalists, I'm sure for a Turk it's the best chance he's going to get of success in his own country in the next season or 2 there.

nowhere near good enough for the level we need.

he's a decent premier league player but isn't good enough for a top 4 team or the champions league.

if we need a 4th striker i'd much rather give guidetti a go.

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:
Really not a City style player for me, he'd be more lost than Dzeko in our system especially as we don't play the long balls forward much. Limited technical quality too, misplaced a number of passes (59% pass accuracy). Will be a good signing for a different style team though.

He would be that option though.Far more direct,combative and aggressive than Dzeko.

He frightens the life out of defences at set pieces and really lets them know the're in a game.Alongside quality players he would really shine.

Perfect for the 3rd/4th choice role.
What do we about Guidetti?

nehe11 said:
What do we about Guidetti?

As i have already posted,Guidetti and Benteke would be the 3rd/4th choices.

LC makes a great point though about our future vision,Benteke would probably not fit the intricate football we will endeavour to play,a more mobile/adaptable option would probably be more suited to our methods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.