Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "a few years" of trying that I keep seeing, even if it flies in the face of 45,000 fans, is a huge worry.

Interstate 5 said:
This "a few years" of trying that I keep seeing, even if it flies in the face of 45,000 fans, is a huge worry.

Well after we get people going to EDS games we will try and get people to go to cup matches and get all the tickets together, then after that we will try and get the club to let us all go in one spot for a cup match (one that won't sell out and there is plenty of space for us) the club will then see that it was great, we will do more matches like that and then hopefully in the future they will let us stay in a spot for the whole season. like how they were willing to move the away fans for us.

If this get in our way we will find a way around them, we will not give in.

Didsbury Dave said:
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
danburge82 said:
Again, so what? Take a look at what Palace have done and then tell us that it's deluded and that it's a pipedream...

You think your opinion is important. It isn't.

Well said, im not sure what dave's problem is, I also can't see what's wrong with trying this, if everything goes to plan there wont be many people at the first few games and it might be a little weird but in time more will come. Crystal palace started with only 6 of them and it took years for them to get where they are now. It can be done but shouldnt be wrote off straight away.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

* a light comes on like in the "land down under" video *

I didn't realise you were following the famous Crystal Palace blueprint. I bow down to you all as I can only dream that one day City's fans will be as well respected and vocal as the famous Palace army. When the famous Selhurst Roar goes up, dont they wind their arms around like they are stirring a bucket in the style of a jerry springer audience?

I thought it was just Wacky Stanley and the Warrington Bulbs who had a fan's leader, drum, playground songs etc.. Now I know different.

Go Citizens; this is the big time.
No. I think as fans of a club like Manchester City a Manchester City atmosphere group would like to take the good bits of English football culture from the past (that has been lost because of bone idle lazy fans who would be in their forties and fifties now, sitting back and doing precisely fuck all when the authorities tried to ruin English football culture and succeeded - wouldn't happen on the continent) and the good bits from the continent and South America now and create a distinctive new English style of supporting a football club. Palace do their thing, what they do is very good to be honest, but I wouldn't say City fans will or should copy Palace. We have the potential to do something fucking special with regards to atmosphere because of the club we follow (size, situation). So let's fucking do it. Let's have people say in a decades time; "lets follow City fans blueprint".

The Blue Alliance are in their infancy still. They keep getting bigger and arrange some decent things and have improved our away atmospheres (that had stagnated into a load of older blokes and families stood watching a footy match). This group is two weeks old. They haven't even had chance to actively do anything yet. Give them a chance. Just because people had tried things in the last that have fizzled out, doesn't mean this will. Like NorthernBoy has said previously, he started something that was too big for him and one mate to keep going. But if a big enough group of people can be patient and dedicated, there is absolutely no reason why this cant work.

TBA are a good group of lads who are persistently dedicated to their cause and they are still going strong in a time where they would easily fold (how long have they been around, two years?) and where other groups have folded at City and at other clubs in the past.

You, and others, might think that some of what his group does isn't your sort of thing and you're entitled to feel like that. But hat doesn't mean they shouldn't go ahead and do it. Anything they do has to be better than games of total silence for five minutes at a time and the odd piping up of absolute dross like "we score when we want" or CBeebies bollocks like "if you hate Man United clap your hands".

danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Well said, im not sure what dave's problem is, I also can't see what's wrong with trying this, if everything goes to plan there wont be many people at the first few games and it might be a little weird but in time more will come. Crystal palace started with only 6 of them and it took years for them to get where they are now. It can be done but shouldnt be wrote off straight away.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

I didn't realise you were following the famous Crystal Palace blueprint. I bow down to you all as I can only dream that one day City's fans will be as well respected and vocal as the famous Palace army. When the famous Selhurst Roar goes up, dont they wind their arms around like they are stirring a bucket in the style of a jerry springer audience?

I thought it was just Wacky Stanley and the Warrington Bulbs who had a fan's leader, drum, playground songs etc.. Now I know different.

No. I think as fans of a club like Manchester City a Manchester City atmosphere group would like to take the good bits of English football culture from the past (that has been lost because of bone idle lazy fans who would be in their forties and fifties now, sitting back and doing precisely fuck all when the authorities tried to ruin English football culture and succeeded - wouldn't happen on the continent) and the good bits from the continent and South America now and create a distinctive new English style of supporting a football club. Palace do their thing, what they do is very good to be honest, but I wouldn't say City fans will or should copy Palace. We have the potential to do something fucking special with regards to atmosphere because of the club we follow (size, situation). So let's fucking do it. Let's have people say in a decades time; "lets follow City fans blueprint".

The Blue Alliance are in their infancy still. They keep getting bigger and arrange some decent things and have improved our away atmospheres (that had stagnated into a load of older blokes and families stood watching a footy match). This group is two weeks old. They haven't even had chance to actively do anything yet. Give them a chance. Just because people had tried things in the last that have fizzled out, doesn't mean this will. Like NorthernBoy has said previously, he started something that was too big for him and one mate to keep going. But if a big enough group of people can be patient and dedicated, there is absolutely no reason why this cant work.

TBA are a good group of lads who are persistently dedicated to their cause and they are still going strong in a time where they would easily fold (how long have they been around, two years?) and where other groups have folded at City and at other clubs in the past.

You, and others, might think that some of what his group does isn't your sort of thing and you're entitled to feel like that. But hat doesn't mean they shouldn't go ahead and do it. Anything they do has to be better than games of total silence for five minutes at a time and the odd piping up of absolute dross like "we score when we want" or CBeebies bollocks like "if you hate Man United clap your hands".

THIS, my thoughts exactly.

danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

The Blue Alliance are in their infancy still. They keep getting bigger and arrange some decent things and have improved our away atmospheres (that had stagnated into a load of older blokes and families stood watching a footy match). This group is two weeks old. They haven't even had chance to actively do anything yet. Give them a chance. Just because people had tried things in the last that have fizzled out, doesn't mean this will. Like NorthernBoy has said previously, he stated something that we too big for him and one mate to keep going. But if a big enough group of people can be patient and dedicated, there is absolutely no reason why this cant work.

TBA are a good group of lads who are persistently dedicated to their cause and they are still going strong in a time where they would easily fold (who long have thy been around, two years?) and where other groups have folded at City and at other clubs in the past.

Great post! Cunts like Dismal Dave are just that, Cunts, and as so should just be ignored! His pathetic wumming is as embarrassing as it gets! Good luckc lads (both TBA & The Citizens) as I am sure most decent Blues appreciate your efforts!

Danburger,

I would be very willing to give them a chance if your post was not so insulting toward people like myself who have been supporting and singing and chanting but are over 30!! We are not: "bone idle lazy fans who would be in their forties and fifties now, sitting back and doing precisely fuck all when the authorities tried to ruin English football culture and succeeded"

We have done our bit and if people want to sing the songs you are so disparaging about they are as entitled as you are if they read your rant!!!

I sing, I chant with the best of them, I start the singing in my area at home despite people laughing at me or with me, I don't care but I do not insult anyone who doesn't do as I want them to!!

You are not going to win friends and influence people by insulting the very people who have been supporting this club for years. If the club are backing you then maybe they should think again!!!

BOMBER7967 said:
danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

The Blue Alliance are in their infancy still. They keep getting bigger and arrange some decent things and have improved our away atmospheres (that had stagnated into a load of older blokes and families stood watching a footy match). This group is two weeks old. They haven't even had chance to actively do anything yet. Give them a chance. Just because people had tried things in the last that have fizzled out, doesn't mean this will. Like NorthernBoy has said previously, he stated something that we too big for him and one mate to keep going. But if a big enough group of people can be patient and dedicated, there is absolutely no reason why this cant work.

TBA are a good group of lads who are persistently dedicated to their cause and they are still going strong in a time where they would easily fold (who long have thy been around, two years?) and where other groups have folded at City and at other clubs in the past.

Great post! ***** like Dismal Dave are just that, *****, and as so should just be ignored! His pathetic wumming is as embarrassing as it gets! Good luckc lads (both TBA & The Citizens) as I am sure most decent Blues appreciate your efforts!

Thanks, yeah that was a great post. I don't see what his problem is at the minute he hasn't even see what we are doing and whats the problem with us doing it out of the way at EDS matches, he is just a great big wum like you said.

Eccles Blue said:
Danburger,

I would be very willing to give them a chance if your post was not so insulting toward people like myself who have been supporting and singing and chanting but are over 30!! We are not: "bone idle lazy fans who would be in their forties and fifties now, sitting back and doing precisely fuck all when the authorities tried to ruin English football culture and succeeded"

We have done our bit and if people want to sing the songs you are so disparaging about they are as entitled as you are if they read your rant!!!

I sing, I chant with the best of them, I start the singing in my area at home despite people laughing at me or with me, I don't care but I do not insult anyone who doesn't do as I want them to!!

You are not going to win friends and influence people by insulting the very people who have been supporting this club for years. If the club are backing you then maybe they should think again!!!
I wasn't just aiming it at City fans. far from it. It is across the board, across the whole of this country at every club. There are many great fans at loads of clubs, there are some sets of fans who are brilliant (Derby for example)... but on the whole over the years English football atmospheres have become consistently terrible.

I'm 30 myself, it's not like I'm 15. My Dad is 55 and is always saying how shit it is at our ground for atmosphere on a consistent basis.

danburge82 said:
that has been lost because of bone idle lazy fans who would be in their forties and fifties now, sitting back and doing precisely fuck all when the authorities tried to ruin English football culture and succeeded - wouldn't happen on the continent.

Are you really that ignorant of what happened in the 70s and 80s? Or what it was like going to an away game, especially in Europe, or with England? Or whether synchronised singing and dancing have any connection at all with those days?

That has to be one of the most ill-informed comments on this thread, and fuck knows there's some competition.

Let me tell you kiddies another story to go with the analogy of my dad putting that poor sparrow out of its misery in the thread which got deleted.

When city played Liverpool in the semi final of the league cup in 1981, our school ran a coach to both legs. There were lots of city fans In our school and excitement levels were high. I was 11, city daft and was convinced we were going to win this cup.

31 years later and my arse still clenches a bit at the confession I'm about to make. I can actually still feel my toes curl a little:

A big gang of us met up every break time for a week to practise city songs In the yard. We actually convinced ourselves that we were in such a big group that we could be the song starters in the platt lane. We were so giddy with it we were even making our own songs up.

I premume I don't need to tell you what happened? We got to the game, tried a few half arsed chants and nobody even looked at us. We were so deflated.

In exactly the same way we did , you are all wasting your time totally and utterly. You try your silly stuff in COMS and every fucker will just laugh at you. Bring a drum and you might even get a dig. It's as simple as that. If you won't listen to me that's up to you but you're in for some serious embarrassment.

You're making total fools of yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.