Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
Let me tell you kiddies another story to go with the analogy of my dad putting that poor sparrow out of its misery in the thread which got deleted.

When city played Liverpool in the semi final of the league cup in 1981, our school ran a coach to both legs. There were lots of city fans In our school and excitement levels were high. I was 11, city daft and was convinced we were going to win this cup.

31 years later and my arse still clenches a bit at the confession I'm about to make. I can actually still feel my toes curl a little:

A big gang of us met up every break time for a week to practise city songs In the yard. We actually convinced ourselves that we were in such a big group that we could be the song starters in the platt lane. We were so giddy with it we were even making our own songs up.

I premume I don't need to tell you what happened? We got to the game, tried a few half arsed chants and nobody even looked at us. We were so deflated.

In exactly the same way we did , you are all wasting your time totally and utterly. You try your silly stuff in COMS and every fucker will just laugh at you. Bring a drum and you might even get a dig. It's as simple as that. If you won't listen to me that's up to you but you're in for some serious embarrassment.

You're making total fools of yourselves.

Let them learn their own lessons then, just like you did.

If you want to sing, sing. But you'd be better off focusing on what you're going to do than slagging off others for what they don't do.

Can't remember signing anything that said I had to conform to someone else's ideas if how to act at a football match.

Didsbury Dave said:
I premume I don't need to tell you what happened? We got to the game, tried a few half arsed chants and nobody even looked at us. We were so deflated.

I think most of us had other things on our mind that night... I heard a few mentions of the Didsbury Choir on the way back to Lime Street though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Let me tell you kiddies another story to go with the analogy of my dad putting that poor sparrow out of its misery in the thread which got deleted.

When city played Liverpool in the semi final of the league cup in 1981, our school ran a coach to both legs. There were lots of city fans In our school and excitement levels were high. I was 11, city daft and was convinced we were going to win this cup.

31 years later and my arse still clenches a bit at the confession I'm about to make. I can actually still feel my toes curl a little:

A big gang of us met up every break time for a week to practise city songs In the yard. We actually convinced ourselves that we were in such a big group that we could be the song starters in the platt lane. We were so giddy with it we were even making our own songs up.I premume I don't need to tell you what happened? We got to the game, tried a few half arsed chants and nobody even looked at us. We were so deflated.

In exactly the same way we did , you are all wasting your time totally and utterly. You try your silly stuff in COMS and every fucker will just laugh at you. Bring a drum and you might even get a dig. It's as simple as that. If you won't listen to me that's up to you but you're in for some serious embarrassment.

FFS Dismal, give it a rest! These lads are trying to give it a go, which has fuck all to do with you! Has your "Anfield Experience" scarred you emotionality? Are you still struggling to get over it 31 years later and the only way to cope is by trying to humiliate a group of lads willing to try and improve the atmosphere? If you don't like the idea stay away from thread!

Dismal, you are an embarrassment, knocking fellow city fans for trying something.
Do us all a favour and go and support a team that deserves you.
Man utd spring to mind....

Didsbury Dave said:

A big gang of us met up every break time for a week to practise city songs In the yard. We actually convinced ourselves that we were in such a big group that we could be the song starters in the platt lane. We were so giddy with it we were even making our own songs up.

That never happened, it's just a made up story to go with your hypocritical nonsense. Just like your "it was the talk of the dam how pathetic it is" jackanory which equates you and 3 middle aged mates talking in a bar.

Didsbury Dave said:

Dave your constant harassment of these kids as you say, is far more embarrassing and to be frank I find it slightly weird why you persist to bully your point across, they don't get it, don't want it and more importantly keep telling you to leave them be. Yet you constantly push your point on them like a one man crusade. You don't like the idea and neither do I, but city is ours not mine or yours, let them crack on and fall flat on their arse or be a roaring success, either way they want to do it and your kiddy bashing is prolonging these threads and highlighting their cause even more, as you said yourself even in the dam you were discussing it, can I suggest you let them alone to fail just like you did all them years ago in the playground.

WNRH said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That never happened, it's just a made up story to go with your hypocritical nonsense. Just like your "it was the talk of the dam how pathetic it is" jackanory which equates you and 3 middle aged mates talking in a bar.

Him and his 'mates' were 11 on the platt lane and you wonder why it would fall flat on its ar*e. If you're going to make sh*t up to suit your argument at least make it a little bit credible.

I can see it now.....'clear the way everyone, we've got the 11 year old ultras here to create some atmosphere'...do me a favour. Some of these lads may be young but I doubt any of them are straight out of primary school !

For what its worth I'm in my thirties, been supporting the blues for 25 years and I'm right behind what these lads are trying to achieve.

i8rags said:
Dave your constant harassment of these kids as you say, is far more embarrassing and to be frank I find it slightly weird why you persist to bully your point across, they don't get it, don't want it and more importantly keep telling you to leave them be. Yet you constantly push your point on them like a one man crusade. You don't like the idea and neither do I, but city is ours not mine or yours, let them crack on and fall flat on their arse or be a roaring success, either way they want to do it and your kiddy bashing is prolonging these threads and highlighting their cause even more, as you said yourself even in the dam you were discussing it, can I suggest you let them alone to fail just like you did all them years ago in the playground.
Good post mate, especially the underlined bit, let these lads try something, if it works, it won't make it worse for others, if it doesn't work nobody will really notice.

I don't know what "matchday experience" some people want, is it the one on Wednesday night ? The one where a considerable number of pissed up blues push and shove to get through 4 turnstiles, crushing their own in the process, and then when they do finally get in the ground, are too pissed to even watch the football, or support their team ?

What these lads are trying is different, different is what City have been known for over the years, why can't those that don't like the idea not just leave them to it if you don't like it ?

Good posts guys even the guys who aren't behind the idea are respectful and I thank you for that.

I am one of the guys organizing this and am supporting this as I used to hate the idea but then i have changed my mind after comparing other fans to our own.

It can look a bit silly but I don't know whether it is or not till I have tried as this type of idea has been used all over the world and they all seem very happy about it. Its just change can be strange and many people fear change but I feel we should try this and if it fails then it fails and I will be happy knowing that I tried.

If it works and it works well this could be great in my opinion. At the minute I don't see how anybody can complain about some city fans wanting to go and sing at the EDS matches. Some things will fail but this idea is all about trial and error.

If anyone else wants to try this then I urge you to come to the EDS games and try it with us.

Thanks everyone except dismal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.