Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
danburge82 said:
Marvin said:
Waste of time lads. If on a night like tonight the hard core fans get intimidated into silence by a small travelling support, then you have no hope of getting anything off the ground

On a night like tonight you shpuldn't need organisation and surely all the would be Citizens were there in the crowd, and many in the Singing Section so what happened? What will change, and how?
It can change but it'll take years not a few games.

This.

The Citizens are not about suddenly changing everything overnight what we are attempting to do will take years.
will you be up for it for years though? fair play if so

I think some opinions on the BA are petty and childish but you always get a few idiots in every group of people, a lot of people would like what we do and I'm sure there will be a lot who couldn't care less, if they come to the game tomorrow I think it will be good, more numbers, and any publicity is good publicity!<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:52 pm --<br /><br />Remember, everyone is welcome to come tomorrow, whether you're just interested or want tot get involved!

If you were embarrassed at our shambolic attempt at an atmosphere last night get to Ewen fields tomorrow and help us sort it out!

Why Always Ste said:
Pigeonho said:
Why Always Ste said:
Very positive aren't you...
Not having a pop mate and I see some are, its just the way it is. Ajax are making what they do sound the bollocks, as do other teams from the continent. Sorry if it sounds negative to what you're attempting, but I'm sure you too can see the difference.

Well everything has to start from somewhere.
TBA members have shown their thoughts regards to us, and I find their thoughts and feelings more embarrassing than anything we have discussed about attempting to do.

But they are just words and we will continue with our project :)

You made your thoughts about ME and MY mates perfectly clear when you called us "The Stag Do of football". I don't know if you're jealous of the exposure or the fact that people know who me and Felix are but let me tell you this:

It's no fucking fun being stood next to men in their 40's away at West Brom on Boxing Day singing "we're all gonna burn a Blue Alliance flag"

It's no fucking fun having lads from City's youth firm (Blazing Squad or whatever they're called) standing on a table in Mary D's before the derby in April shouting "who the fuck here is Blue Alliance? I'll fucking have it with any of you"

It's no fucking fun having people that were your mates from a few years ago now not want to be associated with you because apparently it's too "uncool" to be seen with me.

It's no fucking fun to hear people who are nice to your face, chat to you on Twitter etc. slag you off behind your back between their own friendship group.

And I tell you what, if you ever meet me, you'll know that I'm just your regular City away fan. Anyone who can explain why the above happens, I'd love to know. Is this something YOU want?

My comment earlier about "better keep hoping" is down to this:

I started the Blue Alliance. And I started it to try and create a better atmosphere and getting the vocal fans together.

One thing that I have always been keen on is to make sure that our support doesn't sway from OUR culture. I know some bloke in South London has done it, and plenty of blokes on the continent have done it, but Manchester City has our own culture and we have our own songs. The problem isn't what's there, it's the current attitude of the fans and that's nothing that you or I can control.

Presumably none of The Citizens joined in last night with "can you sing without your drum?"

Expecting our lot (I'm not going) or any fans of Manchester City to rock up and just abandon City songs in favour of this new song book you've come up with, a drum, a bloke stood in front with a megaphone and loads of smoke bombs is almost a cheek I think. By all means, try and gradually introduce something, but I interpreted the post from cheadle_banana to be "looking forward for the BA to do what we want".

City will do things off the cuff, whether it be songs, Poznan-ing, bringing bananas or pitch invading. Don't pre-plan stuff. Don't try and emulate other fans. Be Manchester City.

liamctid said:
Why Always Ste said:
Pigeonho said:
Not having a pop mate and I see some are, its just the way it is. Ajax are making what they do sound the bollocks, as do other teams from the continent. Sorry if it sounds negative to what you're attempting, but I'm sure you too can see the difference.

TBA members have shown their thoughts regards to us, and I find their thoughts and feelings more embarrassing than anything we have discussed about attempting to do.

You made your thoughts about ME and MY mates perfectly clear when you called us "The Stag Do of football". I don't know if you're jealous of the exposure or the fact that people know who me and Felix are but let me tell you this:

It's no fucking fun being stood next to men in their 40's away at West Brom on Boxing Day singing "we're all gonna burn a Blue Alliance flag"

It's no fucking fun having lads from City's youth firm (Blazing Squad or whatever they're called) standing on a table in Mary D's before the derby in April shouting "who the fuck here is Blue Alliance? I'll fucking have it with any of you"

It's no fucking fun having people that were your mates from a few years ago now not want to be associated with you because apparently it's too "uncool" to be seen with me.

It's no fucking fun to hear people who are nice to your face, chat to you on Twitter etc. slag you off behind your back between their own friendship group.

And I tell you what, if you ever meet me, you'll know that I'm just your regular City away fan. Anyone who can explain why the above happens, I'd love to know. Is this something YOU want?

I started the Blue Alliance. And I started it to try and create a better atmosphere and getting the vocal fans together.

One thing that I have always been keen on is to make sure that our support doesn't sway from OUR culture. I know some bloke in South London has done it, and plenty of blokes on the continent have done it, but Manchester City has our own culture and we have our own songs. The problem isn't what's there, it's the current attitude of the fans and that's nothing that you or I can control.

Presumably none of The Citizens joined in last night with "can you sing without your drum?"

Expecting our lot (I'm not going) or any fans of Manchester City to rock up and just abandon City songs in favour of this new song book you've come up with, a drum, a bloke stood in front with a megaphone and loads of smoke bombs is almost a cheek I think. By all means, try and gradually introduce something, but I interpreted the post from cheadle_banana to be "looking forward for the BA to do what we want".

City will do things off the cuff, whether it be songs, Poznan-ing, bringing bananas or pitch invading. Don't pre-plan stuff. Don't try and emulate other fans. Be Manchester City.

Great post.

liamctid said:
Why Always Ste said:
Pigeonho said:

Quality post

Why Always Ste said:
Manchestercitychorlton said:
Why Always Ste said:
I've just been on The Blue Alliance facebook page to find comments scattered all over taking the piss out of this project we are attempting to get going.

Funnily enough, when I met Felix in Amsterdam and mentioned The Citizens, he denied all knowledge of this group.

it's petty and childish behaviour.

For me, some members of TBA are letting the team down.

This team being Manchester City Football Club.

We are trying to improve the atmosphere at City, try new ideas out and so on... TBA members get word of this and their response is to sabotage what we're trying to do and members start petty and childish name calling on Facebook... lmao.

I mean come on guys, how old are you?

Do your own thing, thats cool...but to start taking the piss out of us for the same thing isn't really what this club is about.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/MjNwV.jpg[/bigimg]

Says it all really...

It might be because, truthfully, a few people are a bit embarrassed by this whole 'citizens' thing. Not that you should stop doing it, do whatever you want but some people will never like it.

Yea, good viewpoint... See i'm embaressed by the whole "munich" chanting thing....

Me... I'm more embarrassed about the racist song that was on The Citizens page

levets said:
Why Always Ste said:
Manchestercitychorlton said:
It might be because, truthfully, a few people are a bit embarrassed by this whole 'citizens' thing. Not that you should stop doing it, do whatever you want but some people will never like it.

Yea, good viewpoint... See i'm embaressed by the whole "munich" chanting thing....

Me... I'm more embarrassed about the racist song that was on The Citizens page
personal joke this. obviously can be interpreted wrong as it has been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.