Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WNRH said:
Good post liamctid but one thing i will disagree with is that this is not our culture. What is our culture? That sounds scouse-esque.

We don't have a culture and we are no different to any other set of English fans. If people think our culture is our support last night then well that is nothing to be proud of is it?

There is only one culture in football supporting, those who support non stop for their side, those who don't don't and we don't.

Will always defend and support any group that try's to make a difference so i respect what you and these new lads are doing, it can only be a good thing.

Good luck to everyone who goes tomorrow to Hyde to get involved, i hope you all enjoy yourselves which is the most important thing.

Yeah mate, at the end of the day the whole thing is to do with enjoyment. Its all about how you enjoy things and as we have found out there are many different opinions on how to enjoy yourself but at the end of the day we are just about enjoying ourselves. I for one will enjoy the EDS games.

WNRH said:
Good post liamctid but one thing i will disagree with is that this is not our culture. What is our culture? That sounds scouse-esque.

We don't have a culture and we are no different to any other set of English fans. If people think our culture is our support last night then well that is nothing to be proud of is it?

There is only one culture in football supporting, those who support non stop for their side, those who don't don't and we don't.

Will always defend and support any group that try's to make a difference so i respect what you and these new lads are doing, it can only be a good thing.

Good luck to everyone who goes tomorrow to Hyde to get involved, i hope you all enjoy yourselves which is the most important thing.
Parts of our culture were having our big vocal stand along the side of the pitch, big bananas, staying loyal to the club and being able to take the piss out of ourselves at our absolute worst. We seem to have lost a few of them! I don't see any harm in trying something new to maybe start a new part of our culture at City.

I liked Liam's post too, it was interesting. I agree with him that being original, different and not trying to copy others is essential. Trying to do something that is unique to City would be great. But originality is very hard to achieve. I like original songs, not just songs with words changed from other clubs who've already been signing that song for a while. The best two clubs for this sort of thing are United and Liverpool. Yes, both clubs do rob things from other clubs but on the whole the longest chants, the most original chants come from those two clubs. Most of our best songs over the past five years have been reworks of United chants about how long we has gone without winning a trophy. Plus I think Liverpool's "Maxi"(Hearteat) song is genius and I think their version of our Balotelli song is probably the best chant in England.

But what I do like about European Ultras are their banners, flags, smoke bombs and flares. I think they're brilliant. Our resident Aris fan, Drooling, is always popping on here to say 'hi' and is often showing us videos of their latest escapades. I even liked it when we did the lights out at the Etihad and United pulled out a flare. I love all that sort of stuff. Bringing that sort of colour to the stands would be good. But obviously, something unique and original to City.

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
WNRH said:

Yeah mate, at the end of the day the whole thing is to do with enjoyment. Its all about how you enjoy things and as we have found out there are many different opinions on how to enjoy yourself but at the end of the day we are just about enjoying ourselves. I for one will enjoy the EDS games.

Exactly, if 25-30 of you turn up tomorrow and have a laugh then you will attract more people. Then the next game you might get 35 people turning up, then the next 50, then 75 and so on till you get a decent base that could become a regular thing for the EDS.

Then if people can see there is a group of lads that go to the EDS games and sing non stop and have a right laugh then there will be enough cause to transfer it to the first team games for a cup game, it gets more exposure and more and more people join. If it has a positive effect on the atmosphere then everyone is a winner.

Of course it might fall flat on it's arse after 2-3 games and die out as an idea that didn't take off but you know what? At least you all got off your arses, tried to change something you feel strongly about and gave it a go instead of just facing the fact that our pathetic atmosphere's are here to stay forever and we will just have to get used to it and patronise anyone who wants to change that "fact" on here because you either stand in the south stand arms folded and act like a cool city fan or you used to stand on the kippax with 20,000 people in the ground where the atmosphere was quieter than a mourge and accept it as 'City Culture'

The Blue Alliance look like they enjoy themselves and that is what it is all about, if The Citizens can also enjoy themselves then that is great, if a 3rd group wants to come along then the more the better.

Football is about being entertained and having fun, if you want to stand there and act cool and moody and accept it as City Culture then that is very very sad. Get pissed, sing songs about the club you love, have a laugh with like minded people and let the result come 2nd. No longer will we ever have to be in a relegation fight, or worry about the club folding or go 35 years without winning a trophy. We will be watching world class stars in a world class stadium so surely the fans should be having a world class time?

Last night we played our 5th ever Champions League game against one of the greatest european clubs ever. We have players like Aguero, Yaya, Balotelli all playing and we came back from two nil down to nearly nick it at the end. 10 years ago under Keegan if we had had the same situation with that team the place would have been rocking but last night it was embarrassing.

Something has departed our fanbase since 2008 and once again i applaud both the Blue Alliance and the Citizens for doing something to reclaim it.

WNRH said:
10 years ago under Keegan if we had had the same situation with that team the place would have been rocking but last night it was embarrassing.

Were you at the Lisbon home game last season? The place was quite noisy when we were fighting back and needed that one extra goal to avoid the away goals loss (didn't get it though). I didn't think our fans were that bad in the second half yesterday compared to like the Dortmund game. But of course there is major room for improvement and I hope the Citizens can help.

WNRH said:
WNRH said:

Exactly, if 25-30 of you turn up tomorrow and have a laugh then you will attract more people. Then the next game you might get 35 people turning up, then the next 50, then 75 and so on till you get a decent base that could become a regular thing for the EDS.

Then if people can see there is a group of lads that go to the EDS games and sing non stop and have a right laugh then there will be enough cause to transfer it to the first team games for a cup game, it gets more exposure and more and more people join. If it has a positive effect on the atmosphere then everyone is a winner.

Of course it might fall flat on it's arse after 2-3 games and die out as an idea that didn't take off but you know what? At least you all got off your arses, tried to change something you feel strongly about and gave it a go instead of just facing the fact that our pathetic atmosphere's are here to stay forever and we will just have to get used to it and patronise anyone who wants to change that "fact" on here because you either stand in the south stand arms folded and act like a cool city fan or you used to stand on the kippax with 20,000 people in the ground where the atmosphere was quieter than a mourge and accept it as 'City Culture'

The Blue Alliance look like they enjoy themselves and that is what it is all about, if The Citizens can also enjoy themselves then that is great, if a 3rd group wants to come along then the more the better.

Football is about being entertained and having fun, if you want to stand there and act cool and moody and accept it as City Culture then that is very very sad. Get pissed, sing songs about the club you love, have a laugh with like minded people and let the result come 2nd. No longer will we ever have to be in a relegation fight, or worry about the club folding or go 35 years without winning a trophy. We will be watching world class stars in a world class stadium so surely the fans should be having a world class time?

Last night we played our 5th ever Champions League game against one of the greatest european clubs ever. We have players like Aguero, Yaya, Balotelli all playing and we came back from two nil down to nearly nick it at the end. 10 years ago under Keegan if we had had the same situation with that team the place would have been rocking but last night it was embarrassing.

Something has departed our fanbase since 2008 and once again i applaud both the Blue Alliance and the Citizens for doing something to reclaim it.

Cracking post mate.

WNRH said:
WNRH said:

So where were they last night? In the none-singing singing section?

Any team who goes down 2-0 in first 20 mins of a game which is must-win is going to generate a flat atmosphere

Marvin said:
WNRH said:

So where were they last night? In the none-singing singing section?

Any team who goes down 2-0 in first 20 mins of a game which is must-win is going to generate a flat atmosphere

Watch Celtic tonight and see if you still think that.

liamctid said:
Why Always Ste said:
Well everything has to start from somewhere.
TBA members have shown their thoughts regards to us, and I find their thoughts and feelings more embarrassing than anything we have discussed about attempting to do.

But they are just words and we will continue with our project :)

You made your thoughts about ME and MY mates perfectly clear when you called us "The Stag Do of football". I don't know if you're jealous of the exposure or the fact that people know who me and Felix are but let me tell you this:

It's no fucking fun being stood next to men in their 40's away at West Brom on Boxing Day singing "we're all gonna burn a Blue Alliance flag"

It's no fucking fun having lads from City's youth firm (Blazing Squad or whatever they're called) standing on a table in Mary D's before the derby in April shouting "who the fuck here is Blue Alliance? I'll fucking have it with any of you"

It's no fucking fun having people that were your mates from a few years ago now not want to be associated with you because apparently it's too "uncool" to be seen with me.

It's no fucking fun to hear people who are nice to your face, chat to you on Twitter etc. slag you off behind your back between their own friendship group.

And I tell you what, if you ever meet me, you'll know that I'm just your regular City away fan. Anyone who can explain why the above happens, I'd love to know. Is this something YOU want?

My comment earlier about "better keep hoping" is down to this:

I started the Blue Alliance. And I started it to try and create a better atmosphere and getting the vocal fans together.

One thing that I have always been keen on is to make sure that our support doesn't sway from OUR culture. I know some bloke in South London has done it, and plenty of blokes on the continent have done it, but Manchester City has our own culture and we have our own songs. The problem isn't what's there, it's the current attitude of the fans and that's nothing that you or I can control.

Presumably none of The Citizens joined in last night with "can you sing without your drum?"

Expecting our lot (I'm not going) or any fans of Manchester City to rock up and just abandon City songs in favour of this new song book you've come up with, a drum, a bloke stood in front with a megaphone and loads of smoke bombs is almost a cheek I think. By all means, try and gradually introduce something, but I interpreted the post from cheadle_banana to be "looking forward for the BA to do what we want".

City will do things off the cuff, whether it be songs, Poznan-ing, bringing bananas or pitch invading. Don't pre-plan stuff. Don't try and emulate other fans. Be Manchester City.

Coloured part: Fuck them they are not real friends, why being in TBA is "uncool" is beyond me.

Also I respect your post and thing you expressed your thoughts well. We do not plan on using a megaphone seen as its and EDS match and also we don't really want to use one unless we have to. We are going to try trial and error as we want to see whether things work or not. We are going to try and use a capo but we will try different ways for using the capo to try and keep it still like the man city we know. by trying the capo in the middle of the group or something as this seems to work great at many clubs and at the and of the day its just someone starting songs only its organized, not for the singers it will seem like normal atmosphere to them POSSIBLY ( i write in capital as i want to highlight that everything is trial and error, if something is bad don't just write us off straight away, we just want to try a few things).

So in conclusion all i can say really is that its trial and error.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:40 pm --

BlueHalli said:
In all fairness though, what do the BA actually do? They have been around for a while now and I cant see no real attempt in improving the atmos at our games. Do they just arrange coach trips to games etc? Not really havin a dig but we hear 'BA this and BA that' yet what do they do? Maybe they need to start doin more if they're this big official organised group?. Im all for what the Citizens are doin and I think some lads from the BA should take a look and start thinkin about goin the same way or even merging with the Citizens as I find the BA pretty pointless at the mo as far as improving atmos goes.

sorry mate but you are about to get torn apart very shortly.

So let them rip me apart then! Iv asked a question and would like it answered. From what I know they have a few meetings, have a few banners and arrange coach trips to away games. Thats great! but as far as improving the atmos at home games I cant see what effect they have (unfortunutly). If they really got the atmos goin we wouldnt be on this thread talkin about the Citzens.Would we.

I see a post earlier stating that 'we as City fans are spontaniuos(sp) and dont copy others' and in the same sentence meantioned things like the Poznan!'All fans copy eachother and Im up for it if it means we can stop singing shit like "what the fook is that" and "you fat bastard you fat bastard" Im aware we have some great songs but we need new ones now to join them so we can cut out the crap we sometimes sing.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
WNRH said:
10 years ago under Keegan if we had had the same situation with that team the place would have been rocking but last night it was embarrassing.

Were you at the Lisbon home game last season? The place was quite noisy when we were fighting back and needed that one extra goal to avoid the away goals loss (didn't get it though). I didn't think our fans were that bad in the second half yesterday compared to like the Dortmund game. But of course there is major room for improvement and I hope the Citizens can help.

I was at the Lisbon game and myself and the guy stood next to me in 116 were singing "theres only two of us singin..two of us siiiingin.theres only two of us singin".It was fookin awful up until it looked like we were goin to snatch it at the end.We need to lose that attitude.

I dont understand the whole conflict etc as I can't be arsed reading through it all, But there are quite a few lads involved with tba that going down tomorrow. I assume to help out.
Good luck with it all, I hope it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.