Citizens (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halfpenny said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Halfpenny said:
Completely disagree. From the start the advice was that the 'capo' and drums would not sit well with the majority of city fans. From what I saw last night the capo stuff won't work, and the way 110/111 and the south stand mocked Ajax's drum on Tuesday night backs that up as well. And no, I'm not a member of either the blue alliance or the citizens. As I've said though, the flags looked good. From my point of view that's extremely constructive criticism.

I thought from the video on here the capo stuff worked really well as do many others, even though there was no drum people banged on the back of the stand like a drum - dont see the difference.

You cant say if wont sit well with the majority but it hasnt been tried out, I mean ffs the group only started like last week ( not having a go btw)
What I'm saying is the capo stuff will undoubtedly look feasible on a small scale with a small number of people. But I think it'll be impossible to do it on a larger scale, practically speaking. You'd need a dedicated block, which would mean relocations galore, and I'm pretty sure the club would never go along with it. As for the drums, there is a bit of a difference between occasionally banging on the back of a stand and constantly banging on a drum. The amount of stick the Ajax drum got on Tuesday only proved to mehow bad a reception it would get with our fans.

I don't blame them for giving it a go, but my reservations about the whole thing haven't gone away.

i see nothing wrong in people perhaps trying out the idea at eds games, just leave the first team games out of it. also get your ideas / organisation in place and stick to those principles before you post on a thread saying this is what we are gonna do...oh no we're not...oh yes we are... which is what has happened

those citizens who are 16, 17 now won't be that age forever, if they do what they are doing at eds games build up support then in a few years when they are a bit older they might be able to say, the demand is there we are expanding the ground, how about it ?

our take is not the demand there for a capo at the moment, people dead against a drum and tba did stick flags against bayern and villarreal least season so perhaps nothing new that they are offering unless they stick with the capo idea ?

club have said nowhere to move people at the minute so try and work with the 2 singing areas, that's what we (tba) have started to do

we also held a public meeting where we explained what we were trying to do. and continue to have them every 4/6 weeks as well as attending all home/away games

ell said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ell said:
Read the fucking thread. They dont want a drum they only mentioned it 17 times in the first post.

:)

yes read the thread it was only an idea, besides as has been mentioned people that werent even in the citizens banged the back of the stand last night like a drum, whats the difference.

Can we please talk about atmosphere rather than all the needless insults and poinltess shit

I was only trying to lighten the mood made hence the smiley. Its friday

my apols, just sick of the crap on here tbh. Dont mind constructive criticism or people not liking the idea fair enough, but people are just repaeting the same stuff all the time. I want to talk about the group and the atmos last night :)

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
before TBA came there was 19 people with the citizens which was a fantastic number for the first time.

then there was about 25 BA that came, they came and sang and did there own thing while ridiculing us.

If the BA are going to come again please join in with us or don't come as it was pretty obvious the entire reason the BA came was because The Citizens were there.

So from my point of view it looked like TBA came down to rival The Citizens.

Can anyone dismiss this as its how i feel about it, also the munich songs were sung by TBA. They were not bad munich song and i here them sung at every city match.

To be far pal, myself and a few others from TBA have been attending EDS games at Ewen Fields for years, going back to the days of the 'reserves'.

Therefore telling us not to come if we dont take orders from the 'capo' is laughable.

As an outsider can i just ask what The Blue Alliance has anything to do with the Citizens and what they are trying to do?

I think that both are great ideas and should be left to try and help increase the atmosphere at the ground! I mean i know the TBA are trying but its not exactly increased the atmosphere that much if any at coms or away (SS Season ticket holder, away follower)

Anyway i hope they can sort something out together, surely were all after one goal!

City till we die!

wozzablue said:
As an outsider can i just ask what The Blue Alliance has anything to do with the Citizens and what they are trying to do?

I think that both are great ideas and should be left to try and help increase the atmosphere at the ground! I mean i know the TBA are trying but its not exactly increased the atmosphere that much if any at coms or away (SS Season ticket holder, away follower)

Anyway i hope they can sort something out together, surely were all after one goal!

City till we die!

"atmosphere has not increased very much" - very simplistic comment

reason down to many things

relocation of fans from maine rd to new ground
people put in the wrong areas ie split between ss level 1 and 2
old songs dying out
atmosphere won't travel because of lay out of ground
no sustained policy from club in terms of embracing fans culture and improving atmosphere...until recently
ticket prices
old fans can't afford to go, new fans moving in

people are now booing the team of at half time, tba are people who scream themselves hoarse at every game

took dortmund aris ajax years to get their fan groups into the state they are now

takes time !

wearethesouthstand said:
wozzablue said:

City till we die!

very simplistic comment

answer is many things

old songs dying out
no sustained policy from club in terms of embracing fans culture and improving atmosphere...until recently
ticket prices

people are now booing the team of at half time, tba are people who scream themselves hoarse at every game
Every away game

wearethesouthstand said:
wozzablue said:

City till we die!

very simplistic comment

answer is many things

old songs dying out
ticket prices

Total agree with everything you said, i mean we got moved from p block at maine road to corner flag at etihad!
Just wanted to say that both groups should be trying to help each other and not trying to put the other down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.