City’s New Kits - 2021/22

I may be in a minority of one but i like the home kit, couldn’t give a toss about the other kits, if you don’t like them don’t buy em. Simples. As for the great “Man City” debate, I really don’t understand the fuss. If I speak to someone who isn’t from the Manchester area I say I support “Man City”, obviously anyone from our area it’s “City”. Simples.

I know Norwich and Leicester fans that say City and mean their teams not my team.I've known City fans use Man City all the way back to the 70s. Only seems to have been since the invention of social media that some people have got precious about the Manchester / Man City thing.
TBF , even Garry fuckin Linacre refers to us as City ,and his home town team as Leicester!’

debate over

https://www.mancity.com/

Just sayin’ ;)

I kinda get what you’re saying, but wouldn’t it depend on the context of what you’re saying & who to?

Does it piss you off or do you find it weird as you just don’t hear it in conversation & only ever hear it in the stadium with fans chanting specific chants?

If your mates sang Man Citeh to you instead of saying it in conversation, would you still piss yourself & rip them to pieces?
If my mate or a family member said “do you know the Man City score”, I’d think they were taking the piss.

I’ve just asked a Whatsapp group of City mates and they all agreed the only context it’s acceptable is in a chant or talking to someone on holiday who is from Leicester or somewhere.

The execs at the club may well try and push “Man City”, but they also push blue shorts and “Cityzens”, they’ve not got a fucking clue about our identity.

If my mate or a family member said “do you know the Man City score”, I’d think they were taking the piss.

I’ve just asked a Whatsapp group of City mates and they all agreed the only context it’s acceptable is in a chant or talking to someone on holiday who is from Leicester or somewhere.

The execs at the club may well try and push “Man City”, but they also push blue shorts and “Cityzens”, they’ve not got a fucking clue about our identity.
You need to ask a non City, Whatsapp group, or a mate who doesn't know you are a City supporter, for context. I am a Manchester City fan for close to 55 years and unless I am in Manchester, when talking football I have never heard anyone, apart from a fellow City fan, refer to City, as anything other than Man City or Manchester City. Ask a stranger in Cork, Derry, York, New York, Melbourne etc. what the "City" score was, and you'll get Cork City, Derry City, York City etc answers. There is no copyright on the word "city" but "Man City" is exclusive. "the execs at the club" appear to have a far greater clue about our Worldwide identity than your insular perspective. As for the blue shorts, City have worn blue shorts before most of the execs were born, worn by King Colin, Tueart, Trevor Francis, Vinny, Sergio etc., never held back their careers, have a look at http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm
for a clue. "Cityzens", I don't really see as a problem, some cash for our club and an opportunity for fans, especially non Manchester residents, to have some form of attachment to our club, if they "Choose", it is not compulsory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.