City’s New Kits - 2021/22

The term Man City has been used for as long as I have been a fan, so 44years. Not sure what is washy about it tbh.

I use City a lot and people know who you mean when you say City also.

Nobody has ever called Dortmund Bo. Dortmund.

Inter or AC get used a lot.
Totally agree, all my pals in school in the 60's used the term Man City and it hasn't changed in the 54 years I've loved the club.

Wonder why we have shied away so much from red/black stripes. It was our away colours for so long and now i think its been once in 12 years ?
Maybe we want to distance ourselves from AC Milan. Apparently it was Malcolm Allison who introduced the AC colours to give us an edge to "terrify Europe" ahead of our first European Cup attempt.

Forget the City/Man City the entire 3rd kit is just awful and no changing of wording could make it not awful
It's busier than a Manchester Bee,
but doesn't that big white puma logo, right up front and center, glowing on that dark back ground look good?
Forget the City/Man City, we're becoming Puma City.

Totally agree, all my pals in school in the 60's used the term Man City and it hasn't changed in the 54 years I've loved the club.
I use City mainly but Man City also, rarely would I reply with yeah, I support Manchester City, in all honesty, it is mainly just City but when expansion is needed it will be just Man City.

Can't see what the fuss is about tbh.

If my mate or a family member said “do you know the Man City score”, I’d think they were taking the piss.

I’ve just asked a Whatsapp group of City mates and they all agreed the only context it’s acceptable is in a chant or talking to someone on holiday who is from Leicester or somewhere.

The execs at the club may well try and push “Man City”, but they also push blue shorts and “Cityzens”, they’ve not got a fucking clue about our identity.
I had no idea calling City Man City was unacceptable & is being pushed by the club execs, all of whom were nothing to do with the club when I was a kid, which is when I first uttered the words Man City.

Impressive foresight for them to push the name Man City some 35 years before they took over!

I’m surprised your WhatsApp group didn’t point out to you that Man City’s (see what I did there?) official nickname has been the Citizens for certainly 50 years if not 100 years.

You might not like it but Using Man City & ‘Cityzens’ is certainly keeping with our identity for the last 50 years at least bud

I use City mainly but Man City also, rarely would I reply with yeah, I support Manchester City, in all honesty, it is mainly just City but when expansion is needed it will be just Man City.

Can't see what the fuss is about tbh.
Totally agree, what is the issue with Man City?

This time of year seems to bring the worst out of people in here, I blame too much sun, no City matches, no signings and the rags getting new floodlights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.