City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Good for you, I'll carry on not being arsed if somebody says City, Manchester City or Man City but the one in the middle is the one I hear the least from people.

Good for you too. With simplybthe badge instead, nobody else needs to be arsed. Glad we are all civil.

Good for you too. With simplybthe badge instead, nobody else needs to be arsed. Glad we are all civil.
I am not even arsed if it says man city instead of a badge, maybe I would if it was the home top but the third top, which is also blue so will barely be used or seen.

I guess folk who don't like it best get used to it, the fact the club rebranded the website mancity.com should tell you all you need to know on that subject.

I'd be more bothered about blue shorts on the home kit tbh :)

1 If my mate or a family member said “do you know the Man City score”, I’d think they were taking the piss.

2 I’ve just asked a Whatsapp group of City mates and they all agreed the only context it’s acceptable is in a chant or talking to someone on holiday who is from Leicester or somewhere.

3 The execs at the club may well try and push “Man City”, but they also push blue shorts and “Cityzens”, they’ve not got a fucking clue about our identity.
1 Why? Are you that insular that the term Man City hasn't ever registered with you over the last 50+ years or however old you are?
2 So you asked a WhatsApp group, you asked the same question here and are getting a whole different viewpoint and response, even to the extent that some people in the 30-mile ring you stated have told you that you were wrong.
3 But they do know how to turn a club from perennial losers into a worldwide power, in fact creating a whole new identity of a winning football club, bugger and I so enjoyed the division two experience.

Totally agree, what is the issue with Man City?

This time of year seems to bring the worst out of people in here, I blame too much sun, no City matches, no signings and the rags getting new floodlights.
I agree completely, even the official website is called mancity.com for Pete's sake. It must be the fans who actually live in Manchester who prefer City as many other towns and cities have their own clubs called City.

To us dinosaurs and locals it's City or Manchester City. The first time I ever heard Man City was when I went to uni over 40 years ago. Seemed so odd then and still does.

I suppose if you live somewhere like Bury or Rochdale or Ashton you might need to qualify by using the Man prefix but when you grow up in a world where 99% of people support City or the rags then it's unnecessary.

I had no idea calling City Man City was unacceptable & is being pushed by the club execs, all of whom were nothing to do with the club when I was a kid, which is when I first uttered the words Man City.

Impressive foresight for them to push the name Man City some 35 years before they took over!

I’m surprised your WhatsApp group didn’t point out to you that Man City’s (see what I did there?) official nickname has been the Citizens for certainly 50 years if not 100 years.

You might not like it but Using Man City & ‘Cityzens’ is certainly keeping with our identity for the last 50 years at least bud
Nah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.