City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Now you bastards are going on the bus it makes exiting from Blue Car Park so much easier. I was back home in Littleborough by 10:25 and that's travelling via those wonderful areas of Manchester - Monsall, 'Apper'ay, Blackley (The Weybridge of the North), Middleton, Castleton and Rochdale. Traffic all the way was very light. Long may it continue, and those still driving, get on the bus!
Sort me a bus from Warrington, and i MIGHT consider it ;-)

What time did you get back to Boothstown mate? I'm in Astley and, tbh, I'm getting to the FOC stage and driving through Manchester in the rush hour in the pissing rain isn't that high on my list of favourite pastimes any more.

We set at 9.45 and was at the bus stop near the post office in Boothstown for 10.10. Can’t complain at that service, makes the stress of getting across town for a game a lot easier if it’s you not having to drive and it’s quicker to get there.

Not directly City but does anyone know if they planning on doing something similar for events at the arena?
It’d be impossible to work out what busses were needed for which concerts, unless it’s known that Burnage is a hotspot for Ed Sheeran fans.

The only concert I can think of that it would work for is Cheadle Royal is known to be a hub for the Morrisey cult, so they could shuttle busses to and fro from there.

The price he's quoting for tram tickets £6.90 is the 2-day weekend ticket, the return price for off peak day travel going through the city centre is £4.90 (kids £2.40).

If I was travelling from Wrens Nest I 'd be catching the tram from Shaw to Central Park for £3.90 return (£1.90 kids) and walking from there, avoiding the crush. £16 for two is a rip off compared to £5.80 for the saving of 15mins walk.

That area is pretty well served for travel to the ground as they have direct buses too that go along Oldham Road where you could get off at Hulme Hall Lane and walk the rest of the way. Only hourly though at times but buses are £5 for unlimited travel throughout GM.

It's good to hear positive feedback from the buses though. I like using buses anyway especially when you learn how to use the apps and you can see where the next bus is, even how busy it is, and buy tickets in advance. Unfortunately the Bee Network app is a bit limited but it is still being developed.

It’d be impossible to work out what busses were needed for which concerts, unless it’s known that Burnage is a hotspot for Ed Sheeran fans.

The only concert I can think of that it would work for is Cheadle Royal is known to be a hub for the Morrisey cult, so they could shuttle busses to and fro from there.

Your average concert crowd comes from a lot further afield also. Most will be one off or infrequent visitors aswell, so wouldn’t even know about it. Can’t see it working for concerts.

Your average concert crowd comes from a lot further afield also. Most will be one off or infrequent visitors aswell, so wouldn’t even know about it. Can’t see it working for concerts.
Yeah, it’d be impossible unless sold with the ticket if there was enough interest with enough time for logistics.

Not a guaranteed money spinner, so would never happen.

We set at 9.45 and was at the bus stop near the post office in Boothstown for 10.10. Can’t complain at that service, makes the stress of getting across town for a game a lot easier if it’s you not having to drive and it’s quicker to get there.
Cheers mate, that’s bloody good going. I’ll definitely give it a try.

Hi, did anyone get the Timperley bus for the last 2 games? Interesting to know how busy it was when it got to Sale Moor.... And where the bus stop is (the what 3 words does not match the map on the Bee network website).

Thanks in advance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.