City announce trial bus scheme for home games

For all the Macc fans - the match day bus WILL continue this season. Details to be announced soon

Great news
Although I’d prefer to drive if it wasn’t for the stupid new parking restrictions I’d got into a nice routine of going in on the train, having a bite to eat and a pint before the match and the convenience of the bus home.

Looks like at least some of the 17 routes will be running for the coming season. I searched the Bee Network just now and although it can't find the page for an overview the three routes in my screenshot show times for the Ipswich game. Routes are Haughton Green, Shaw and Oldham so far.

1000058305.jpg

Looks like at least some of the 17 routes will be running for the coming season. I searched the Bee Network just now and although it can't find the page for an overview the three routes in my screenshot show times for the Ipswich game. Routes are Haughton Green, Shaw and Oldham so far.

View attachment 127622
Looks like they’re being expanded .. up to Rammy now (new bus number 12, was 16 last season)

Also the pages are being updated live. Bus 16 to Radcliffe is still on there but has no match details. I suspect that will be cancelled as doubt 2 X Radcliffe buses.

Last edited:
I’m on a mobile so not easy to see but the Etihad stop for the Radcliffe/Bury/Rammy bus looks closer than last year, nearer to the Nexen bridge it seems. I hope so as the 25 min after final whistle timing was a bit of a put off for me.

Great news I still see it’s £8 return but glad they’ve reduced it for kids that should encourage take up, still no idea how long they are going to wait until after the match, hope it’s longer than the 25mins, 35-40 would be better for us SSL3ers. To be on the safe side I only pay for single journeys in case it buggers off before I get there
I did notice though it says Etihad Tram stop for drop off pick up, not Briscoe Lane, so I’m wondering if the buses are going to be closer so people can get to them quicker?

Great news I still see it’s £8 return but glad they’ve reduced it for kids that should encourage take up, still no idea how long they are going to wait until after the match, hope it’s longer than the 25mins, 35-40 would be better for us SSL3ers. To be on the safe side I only pay for single journeys in case it buggers off before I get there
I did notice though it says Etihad Tram stop for drop off pick up, not Briscoe Lane, so I’m wondering if the buses are going to be closer so people can get to them quicker?
Which bus are you referring to? The Rammy bus now drops off and leaves from near to McDonalds rather than Vermillion so looks like they are trying to get closer, still 25 mins though. Pretty much perfect for me that. Pity about the price but could be very useful for night matches tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.