City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Hale and Altrincham now combined. Bus seems to drop off/pick up in the same place as the regular queue of 216s going back into the city centre after the game - as you say, nearer than before and easily accessible in 25 mins

Shaw bus pal number 13
Looks like those that previously went from either Briscoe Lane or Vermillion will now all arrive depart near McDonalds which is much better. We walk quite quickly after the game ends but like to applaud the players and it was always too tight to meet the 25min deadline before. I'm hoping this new location is confirmed and not just a placeholder as I might be tempted to use it occasionally and at least if you DO miss them it's not a long trek back to the tram stop.

I have a feeling there'll be traffic management if that bus stop is going to be used after the game, single traffic lane for cars maybe.

Looks like those that previously went from either Briscoe Lane or Vermillion will now all arrive depart near McDonalds which is much better. We walk quite quickly after the game ends but like to applaud the players and it was always too tight to meet the 25min deadline before. I'm hoping this new location is confirmed and not just a placeholder as I might be tempted to use it occasionally and at least if you DO miss them it's not a long trek back to the tram stop.

I have a feeling there'll be traffic management if that bus stop is going to be used after the game, single traffic lane for cars maybe.
I’m assuming they may well be on the entrance road to the blue car park so you just walk down mercer way and get on, lots if other coaches parked there but a bit further up

Full details on TfGM site

Absolutely great news about the No. 14 bus for me.
I can now get off at the stop outside Newton Heath shops, which is then a 2/3 minutes walk to my house.
Otherwise it means parking at Failsworth Pole or Hollinwood tram stop, which kind of defeats the objective.
I probably won't bother with the tram from Edge Lane at all now, and just leave my car parked outside the house.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.