City charged by the FA following the Villa match (22nd May 2022)

I know a bunch of people won't like this and will start bringing up entirely different things, but the United game is a totally different set of circumstances. Their ground was broken into, and criminal charges were brought. The club would say they were the victims. Controlling your fans isn't "fans" in the abstract, the club can't be prosecuted if I wear a City shirt and go and rob my neighbour. It's policing and stewarding them as paying customers in the ground itself, which the club does have some control over.
Fair enough, I didn't know criminal proceedings were brought.

I was also aware that at the time there were reports that the stewards let the fans into the ground. Ie Utd were complicit in the match abandonment, this story was quickly hushed over by utd.

I know a bunch of people won't like this and will start bringing up entirely different things, but the United game is a totally different set of circumstances. Their ground was broken into, and criminal charges were brought. The club would say they were the victims. Controlling your fans isn't "fans" in the abstract, the club can't be prosecuted if I wear a City shirt and go and rob my neighbour. It's policing and stewarding them as paying customers in the ground itself, which the club does have some control over.
No. Stewards or security opened the fucking doors for em. Vids all over internet

No point in going on about attacking buses or getting games called off protesting outside the ground. That's the local plods responsibility not a football club and dodgy all to to with the FA. It's simple sit (or stand) at your seat, stay off the pitch as the majority do. No risk of anybody claiming a bump was an attack, delaying presentations etc. Its those who believe that they have entitlement without responsibility that invade the pitch and care only for themselves, the me, me ,me brigade. "I will do what I want because I can and fuck the rest of you."

Did it really spoil your day?
It was fucking inevitable it was going to happen if we won the game. Nothing or nobody was going to stop it and regardless of the rights and wrongs it's not really worth fretting about and it certainly shouldn't have prevented you enjoying another amazing finish to the season by this wonderful team of ours.
City fans have been invading the pitch on the last day of the season on and off since the 1960s, especially when we have won trophies or been promoted. Apart from the Luton relegation in 83 or the Spurs cup match in the 90s I can't think of a single violent incident in the last 55 years. As far as I can see the only issues after the Villa match were an accidental collision with one of their players (who made no complaint) and a broken cross-bar.
I realise the current media mindset is to generate a hysterical response to every incident that happens in football but I remain very relaxed about what was essentially a joyous celebration. I didn't invade the pitch and I don't condone it but I won't lose any sleep over it either. Meanwhile I have nothing but contempt for the football authorities who do nothing when a fanbase riots and forces a match to be abandoned but love to indulge in virtue signalling by punishing other clubs for much less serious offences.

The first incident is hard to see, as somebody just said he may have clipped his ear on the way past but he reacts like he was punched, not seen the shove that then follows but that looks like the fan was protesting the reaction tbh

Still, dumb enough.

Looks like a Chelsea fan to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.