City charged by the FA following the Villa match (22nd May 2022)

I know a bunch of people won't like this and will start bringing up entirely different things, but the United game is a totally different set of circumstances. Their ground was broken into, and criminal charges were brought. The club would say they were the victims. Controlling your fans isn't "fans" in the abstract, the club can't be prosecuted if I wear a City shirt and go and rob my neighbour. It's policing and stewarding them as paying customers in the ground itself, which the club does have some control over.
That's a good point, but it's not entirely different from City's situation.

United's ground was broken into and a game ended up being postponed. Surely, United should be charged for failing to control their fans, and for not playing a game on the date specified. It is true that United fans are facing criminal proceedings for their actions.

City fans didn't cause an abandoned or postponed game. They were allegedly responsible for causing criminal damage and for assaulting a Villa player. But the people who did this are being sought by the police and they too will face criminal charges.

It makes no sense that one club should face FA sanctions but the other club should escape FA punishment.

Here is another of the FA's rules, which they apply without consistency.

fd1aa6345d87a2bf0499ff44b6ecb52b.jpg

Are we guilty of the charge, yes.
Am I bothered, no.
If we are lucky enough to win it again this year, do I want to watch another invasion from my perch in CB3, yes.
Woke bollocks, emotion isn’t a crime.

They are treating a pitch celebration after winning a stressful title race and a final game we were 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go, to a malicious invasion to cause harm or get a game called off. If those couple of idiots hadn't barged into that shitehouse keeper they'd have no ammunition save entering the field of play. Even Villa realised he wasn't attacked after seeing the footage and quickly dropped their assault claim. Sport is all about emotion and spontaneity, take that away and we might as well watch it at home on the sofa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.