City charged by the FA following the Villa match (22nd May 2022)

FFS - UEFA will be fining us MORE for arriving late for a second half kick-off than racist chanting from opposition supporters.
As if???
Are all Football authorities utter twats??

I know we all want to jump to agenda anti-City rhetoric but this seems fair to me

That sort of behavior has to be cut out before it becomes a larger trend

Strictly speaking yes it's an offence to enter the field of play. A blind eye though has been turned to celebratory pitch invasions for years. These are usually involving teams gaining promotion or reaching play off finals, or winning a trophy like ourselves. Unfortunately our pitch invasion/celebration came off the back of others where players had been attacked and goaded. True to form a couple of our own knobs decided to shove and goad the Villa keeper in passing. On the back of other incidents we've been charged ourselves and a tightening up of these rules will probably now ensue. Considering the hundreds of games taking place every weekend in this country pitch invasions rarely happen.

So, what’s happened to the Liverpool fans who threw numerous smoke bombs on to the pitch, and held up a flare in the stand for a few minutes at the Community Shield match?

The answer.

F*ck all.

Where are the FA?
Where are the Police?
Where are the CPS?

Nowhere.

The again it was Liverpool fans.

Strictly speaking yes it's an offence to enter the field of play. A blind eye though has been turned to celebratory pitch invasions for years. These are usually involving teams gaining promotion or reaching play off finals, or winning a trophy like ourselves. Unfortunately our pitch invasion/celebration came off the back of others where players had been attacked and goaded. True to form a couple of our own knobs decided to shove and goad the Villa keeper in passing. On the back of other incidents we've been charged ourselves and a tightening up of these rules will probably now ensue. Considering the hundreds of games taking place every weekend in this country pitch invasions rarely happen.
Think you hit the nail on the head there - bad timing. The issue already in the news cycle with the Everton and Sheffield incidents so there was going to be extra scrutiny.

Had the Olsen incident not happened I think this would be a non issue. Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion but I do think zero tolerance towards hands on players is the right call

Think you hit the nail on the head there - bad timing. The issue already in the news cycle with the Everton and Sheffield incidents so there was going to be extra scrutiny.

Had the Olsen incident not happened I think this would be a non issue. Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion but I do think zero tolerance towards hands on players is the right call

That's the problem. Most times it's just good humoured and a celebration, against Villa too many dickheads went ott. The keeper thing was a nothing incident but it still shouldn't have happened. He'd wound us up all game by timewasting and instead of getting off the pitch sharpish he was intent on ambling off as the fans ran on, almost inviting confrontation. I was more annoyed at the knobs breaking our own crossbar. Why? Sheer vandalism.

Birmingham too the following year
Long standing end of season good natured non violent tradition, I remember as a child an end of season game against Crystal Palace, early 1970s , sat in the platt lane end totally confused why thousands of fans where on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.